Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

On an epic gripping day in Holyrood, will say goodnight with my closing thoughts 

Sturgeon - proven liar and clearly out of her depth....should be a gravedigger 

NiC - promised to read up on it, but clearly shat himself when he did 

KentWhite - phoned NiC and come to the same conclusion as above 👆

Alf Hartigan  - bottled it after thinking Nippy was a shithot brief, when in fact she was actually a failure at conveyancing.......see her tutor's notes from Glasgow Uni on this, all readily available online for those who have the bottle to continue  😉 

Night Dumbos

The Visionaries x

Like I said, let's see how it comes out, I'm not a Sturgeon fan, but she is is a good speaker.

Not sure what I've 'bottled'

1 minute ago, leigh white said:

No ammunition left tonight, I worked down the road at Plank Lane pit, and those scabs could never wind any coal up. x

Another bottle gone 🥱🖕

These lefties are even shitter than I thought 😴 😄 🤣 😂 

9 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

On an epic gripping day in Holyrood, will say goodnight with my closing thoughts 

Sturgeon - proven liar and clearly out of her depth....should be a gravedigger 

NiC - promised to read up on it, but clearly shat himself when he did 

KentWhite - phoned NiC and come to the same conclusion as above 👆

Alf Hartigan  - bottled it after thinking Nippy was a shithot brief, when in fact she was actually a failure at conveyancing.......see her tutor's notes from Glasgow Uni on this, all readily available online for those who have the bottle to continue  😉 

I was listening to a report today that say she handled everything that was thrown at her yesterday, and the thoughts are that she'll still be leader of the SNP once this is all over - I presume you think different?

I've, as mentioned above, no interest in following it in forensic detail really, in fact I'm still not sure exactly they're papping on about, but it's interesting that some seem to think she's a dead man walking, and some think that she'll still retain office

Sorry, not had chance too. There's some funny old conclusions on here, like me being pro SNP for.some odd reason.

It's last day of my flexi furlough today so last night was prep from World Book Day, they are now on their zoom.classes. 

As I say, when I get the chance I'll have a little look. From what small bit I've heard this morning on the news if you agree with her she did a great job of defending herself, if you dont support the SNP they are tearing themselves apart over internal issues and not fit to hold power.

That's as far as my knowledge about this goes at the moment.

My Mrs was on the phone yesterday to her best mate who lives in Edinburgh. It's interesting even before all this how common the knowledge was about Salmond and his erm dealings with women. Even I'd heard the rumours from friends up there who worked in gvt so when this came out it was hardly shocking news. I think that's why, even amongst those not verment SNP supporters that Salmond should have been brought to account years ago - which is no doubt the background noise to all of this. 

Having said that, he was cleared and is obviously now intent to bring the party down - interesting if he is the one to put the bullet in the chamber of Scottish independence for a generation. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Sweep said:

I was listening to a report today that say she handled everything that was thrown at her yesterday, and the thoughts are that she'll still be leader of the SNP once this is all over - I presume you think different?

I've, as mentioned above, no interest in following it in forensic detail really, in fact I'm still not sure exactly they're papping on about, but it's interesting that some seem to think she's a dead man walking, and some think that she'll still retain office

Generally, she performs well. Can see it in their parliament and during what I saw of yesterday's inquiry.

However, her ability has its limitations- she did look uncomfortable at times, and couldn't provide answers. Not being in a position to provide them through not being involved in a process has its benefits, though also has its drawbacks. 

This isn't a court case, and I think she'll survive because the odds are in her favour.

Definitely wounded though.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

see her tutor's notes from Glasgow Uni on this, all readily available online for those who have the bottle to continue

now that's what I call research

27 minutes ago, Sweep said:

but surely there isn't a single person on earth, other maybe than Miami, who is remotely interested in reading them?!?!

You would be surprised at the level of diligence some folk are putting into this mate 

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

You would be surprised at the level of diligence some folk are putting into this mate 

fair enough, I suppose the Scotchers would have an interest - but digging through a load of old college stuff, unless your working on behalf of the prosecution (and even then, it wouldn't be used I presume) seems a bit extreme. Still, let them crack on. She'll either be sacked or not, I won't be upset either way. If she's sacked, then she'll be replaced with another self serving nose in the trough politician, they're pretty much all the same to me

21 minutes ago, Sweep said:

fair enough, I suppose the Scotchers would have an interest - but digging through a load of old college stuff, unless your working on behalf of the prosecution (and even then, it wouldn't be used I presume) seems a bit extreme. Still, let them crack on. She'll either be sacked or not, I won't be upset either way. If she's sacked, then she'll be replaced with another self serving nose in the trough politician, they're pretty much all the same to me

Agree to some Extent but they’re not all As focused on her on one single purpose. 

Strange thing yesterday was one of the snp big wigs saying they want to put this behind us as it’s not productive in the middle of a pandemic. Shortly after they’ve recently launched Indy ref2 and invested hundreds of thousands of pounds Into it and put several people full time On it. Made me chuckle as the pandemic musnt have seemed so important that day