Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's a great description of her performance. Her clever recusals and hiding behind others are brilliant work.

This is a great article too mate, by a guy the SNP once lauded, but now have threatened any members with expulsion from the party if they highlight his work, how pathetic is that 🙄 

For the record, the guy is a huge supporter of the Indy movement, but pulls no punches in being critical of them, unlike 99.99999% of the sheep 

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-state-of-scotland/

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Is this the same deal the EU already tried to make a Mockery of? That deal?

Ok, I'll play along. Yes. That deal that we signed, that was heralded as "oven ready"...

How has the EU "tried to make a mockery" of it though? Can you expand?

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Ok, I'll play along. Yes. That deal that we signed, that was heralded as "oven ready"...

How has the EU "tried to make a mockery" of it though? Can you expand?

Must be a different deal as “oven ready” referred to the WA not the trade agreement.  So I’m unable to answer as we are clearly at crossed purposes here. Have a pleasant evening 😎😘

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Must be a different deal as “oven ready” referred to the WA not the trade agreement.  So I’m unable to answer as we are clearly at crossed purposes here. Have a pleasant evening 😎😘

Ok. How have the EU tried to "make a mockery" of the Trade Agreement we signed?

Edited by Cheese

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

How is it a "spat" when we're the ones reneging on the deal we signed?

Does the deal not have contained within in it a clause regarding notifying the other side if you intend to invoke/trigger one of the variations to the deal such as article 16? 

if it does that would constitute a breach or “reneging” on the deal. 

I don’t know the answer but usually most corporate contracts have within it a stipulated from of notification.

It would appear, possibly, that  article 16 was instigated without notification? 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Is that it? The triggering of Article 16 that was withdrawn within hours? That means we're within our rights to unilaterally renege on any future commitments we've made, breaking International Law? Or are you under the impression we'll also do a U-turn?

Edited by Cheese

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Is that it? The triggering of Article 16 that was withdrawn within hours? That means we're within our rights to unilaterally renege on any future commitments we've made, breaking International Law? Or are you under the impression we'll also do a U-turn?

They breached the deal if my other post is correct in its assumptions, which I don’t know the answer to btw for definite. 

if they have breached the deal though, how can anybody complain if it’s done in reverse? That’s the basis of my point.  

12 minutes ago, Cheese said:

How is it a "spat" when we're the ones reneging on the deal we signed?

It was a spat when eu were threatening to renege, it same now, except we are kindly asking for nothing more than an extension. I’d say they ain’t acting in good faith and pull the deal. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

They breached the deal if my other post is correct in its assumptions, which I don’t know the answer to btw for definite. 

if they have breached the deal though, how can anybody complain if it’s done in reverse? That’s the basis of my point.  

Maybe you should do some more reading.

Just now, Cheese said:

Maybe you should do some more reading.

I’m not actually that interested tbh. I’m reading a lovely fiction book at the moment and want to see that through to the end so that’s this evenings reading for me Thank you 😎

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It was a spat when eu were threatening to renege, it same now, except we are kindly asking for nothing more than an extension. I’d say they ain’t acting in good faith and pull the deal. 

Why should they agree to an extension on a deal we happily signed and lauded as a great victory just months earlier? Just before it's about to be ratified too. WE chose to leave. We're only asking for an extension because it's going badly for us. Tough shit. It is what it is.

Edited by Cheese

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Why should they agree to an extension on a deal we happily signed and lauded as a great victory just months before? Just before it's about to be ratified too. WE chose to leave. We're only asking for an extension because it's going badly for us. Tough shit.

Because we are supposedly friends and partners, we recently agreed an extension for the EU to ratify the deal, friends and neighbours supposed to help each other, it’s looking like it was a false friendship based on what was best for Germany & France, if that’s the case we should renege and see them in court. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, boltondiver said:

Oh dear, Cheese

You’ll never get over it, will you?

I'm well over it mate. Just find it funny when those who championed it now complain about the consequences and think the EU should make it easy for us by breaking the terms of the agreements we've signed. 

Just now, Cheese said:

I'm well over it mate. Just find it funny when those who championed it now complain about the consequences and think the EU should make it easy for us by breaking the terms of the agreements we've signed. 

“Those who championed it” would include me. Where have I complained about any consequences or think the EU should make anything easy?

Or is your statement incorrect?

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

“Those who championed it” would include me. Where have I complained about any consequences or think the EU should make anything easy?

Or is your statement incorrect?

As you admitted above, you're neither knowledgable or even interested in the subject. 👍 And there ends my engagement with WanderersWays self-declared 'Rain Man'. 😂

Edited by Cheese

51 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

This is a great article too mate, by a guy the SNP once lauded, but now have threatened any members with expulsion from the party if they highlight his work, how pathetic is that 🙄 

For the record, the guy is a huge supporter of the Indy movement, but pulls no punches in being critical of them, unlike 99.99999% of the sheep 

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-state-of-scotland/

That guy is a proper loon. Lives somewhere like Bath doesn't he? Anyway, he was a krank on twitter in the independence ref.

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

As you admitted above, you're neither knowledgable or even interested in the subject. 👍 And there ends my engagement with WanderersWays self-declared 'Rain Man'. 😂

🤣🤣🤪🤪🥱😎😎😆🎸🥳🥳🥳😍

14 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Precisely as we said, the economy needs rebalancing we need to increase manufacturing, small steps but any growth in a pandemic is fantastic, but they said U.K. was to expensive to manufacture goods,  they were wrong again, as per usual. 🇬🇧

Edited by Mounts Kipper