Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

That the best you can do fella ?

Here, I’ll ask you a simple question, maybe you’d better confer with NiC and Joel on this one.....are political advertisements allowed on the London Underground ?

A simple yes or no will suffice ducky.

39 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Here, I’ll ask you a simple question, maybe you’d better confer with NiC and Joel on this one.....are political advertisements allowed on the London Underground ?

I don't know and I don't care

55 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I don't know and I don't care

Haha.....quality......you don’t care yet you cared to remark earlier.

Funny how your types only don’t care when you can’t face the truth or music isn’t it ?

You remind me of David Lammy and his tweet earlier......unreal how thick he is and forgetful 

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

I'll play. The answer to your question is both yes and no, dependent upon content.

Now whats the point you want to make ?

3 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

I'll play. The answer to your question is both yes and no, dependent upon content.

Now whats the point you want to make ?

Point being the people’s vote ads on the underground.

Not allowed by tfl guidelines......quite simple really.

Now.....what’s your point or reply ?

4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I've just had a read of them. I can see a clause which says party political adverts aren't allowed. But this isn't a party political. Ergo - it's allowed. 

Unless I'm missing something? 

I never thought I'd be discussing advertising policy on the London Underground at 8pm on a Sunday night - so I guess you've got me there! 

Just now, kent_white said:

I've just had a read of them. I can see a clause which says party political adverts aren't allowed. But this isn't a party political. Ergo - it's allowed. 

Unless I'm missing something? 

I never thought I'd be discussing advertising policy on the London Underground at 8pm on a Sunday night - so I guess you've got me there! 

Carry on son....you’ve missed something.

8 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I can't be arsed. Can you not just tell me? I've already wasted 5 minutes of my life skim reading it. I'm sure whoevers twitter feed spoon fed you the information let you know so it's only fair. 

The response from tfl a few years ago to something similar is what it’s based on,thank you very much for your usual condescending patronisation.

24 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

No point scoring here, Im too old for that silly game.

I was just curious as to what the London underground was doing suddenly popping up on this thread.

21 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

The response from tfl a few years ago to something similar is what it’s based on,thank you very much for your usual condescending patronisation.

Fuck me. From the bloke who referred to me as 'your type' and called me 'son' within the past couple of hours? :)

Are you going to tell us what this other thing was? 

24 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

No point scoring here, Im too old for that silly game.

I was just curious as to what the London underground was doing suddenly popping up on this thread.

No,worries pal....it’s a grey area really, as Kent rightly says it’s not a political party, but in the same respect, the tfl guidelines on ads which may cause controversy etc aren’t allowed....and it’s proved to be controversial, even more so when it comes out who actually funded the ads.......and at a time when the money could go on policing those mean streets.

Anyway...thought I’d change the subject to Corbyn caught on camera shagging Abbott

I’ll play, mainly because in my line of work I plan in a lot of OoH such as LEPs/4/6 and 16 sheets.

The last thing I had to change was the word ‘piss-takers’ on an ad, despite it being a press quote.

Not sure why it’s been asked but there’s about 17 rules such on things like being racist, sexually explicit etc and causing ‘widespead offence’ - all in line with the ASA and extra stuff such as don’t mess with TfL’s roundel in your ads etc

Before anything goes up, you send the artwork prior to the in-charge date, the company you’ve used (someone like Experian) will check it passes everything before printing, so you have a few days to change.

Anything that is up, goes through this process and therefore should stop anything that contravene’s the   guidelines; plus it’s not in the outdoor media company’s benefit to allow you to go to the expense of getting them printed and put up without the checks.

Plus you have to book outdoor months ahead to get the runs you want so unless something has failed hugely, it’s rare you see many issues. Does happen from time to time though.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I see Jeremy admitted he voted to remain in the EU despite being against it all his life. What a grade A chopper he is. 

He's absolutely screwed himself with indecision. He wants to leave. His party and the voters who vote for his party absolutely do not. Labour vote consistenly shown to be absolutely crucified if they are seen to be Brexit enablers.

Yet Corbyn, old school left, wants to leave so he can nationalise everything. 

He can't admit that because his membership who got him there, would absolutely desert him in their droves. Nor can he bring himself to endorse the EU, because his advisors, also old school left would abandon him. 

It has been a fascinating study in idealism vs pragmatism. Something apparently Corbyn would never do. The problem is he still hasn't actually come down one way or the other. Does he really think the electorate will accept him saying "general election" as a policy answer?

Mind on the other side you have May who can never answer a straight question who is certainly not representing the majority of her vote with her deal. 

36 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Ah well, only one more sleep to the vote.

Wonder what if Gonzo could organise a quick sweepstake for the vote numbers.

She'll lose by about 200 - we'll then extend Articule 50 for another 18 months. Folk will get bored/forget, and we'll end up staying, within 36 months we'll be a caliphate anyway, so nobody will care, apart from a few thick owd racists. Happy Days.

:)

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Ah well, only one more sleep to the vote.

Wonder what if Gonzo could organise a quick sweepstake for the vote numbers.

She has no interest in winning the vote

There's no option than give it to parliament to decide

Like the winners like to remind us, if there's a different result, it'll be 1 1 and we will need another

Could go on for years