Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

So, it now transpires that May's supposed meetings are simply her reading out a pre-prepared list of her "red lines" that she's read out a hundred times before and making it clear she has no compromise position.

So that's just a massive and deceitful waste of time. Unsurprising really given how she operates.

Only way I can see out of this is if her entire cabinet threatens to resign if she does not - forces her out - let Liddington take over temporarily. New character, a more pragmatic one who might find a breakthrough. 

Funny comment from a Labour MP; Corbyn will meet with Hamas and Hezbollah without pre-conditions, but not his PM!

Edited by boltondiver

47 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Just listening to when Rees Mogg rang into O'Brien.

My god O'Brien absolutely destroyed him. Exposed every single one of his arguments. 

That was pretty entertaining to listen to - JRM is a massive bell end was was totally destroyed

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Just listening to when Rees Mogg rang into O'Brien.

My god O'Brien absolutely destroyed him. Exposed every single one of his arguments. 

Really!   only had 1 possibly valid point,  and as I have not read Patrick Minsford's full  report not sure if even that point was valid as Mogg said it was taken out of context. I do like O'Brien's anger regarding Brexit it is deeply satisfying to see a remainer,  still choking on the result of the referendum 2 years down the line.  :)    

Edited by Mounts Kipper

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Really!   only had 1 possibly valid point,  and as I have not read Patrick Minsford's full  report not sure if even that point was valid as Mogg said it was taken out of context. I do like O'Brien's anger regarding Brexit it is deeply satisfying to see a remainer,  still choking on the result of the referendum 2 years down the line.  :)    

It was embarrassing for Rees Mogg and completely highlighted the fantasy nonsense that Brexiteers peddle. The rest of the world, the real world knows what is happening yet a minority of politicians continue to lie, obfuscate and mislead wherever possible. Few have the seeming ability to call them out. But when one like O'Brien does it really highlights how weak the arguments actually are. 

The whole thing on food standards was checkmate and Mogg knew it. Its why he stumbled and bumbled and fumbled his way desperately trying to get out then played the "you're not letting me speak" card whilst simultaneously trying to say as much as possible without answering the questions because he knew the game was up. 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I do like O'Brien's anger regarding Brexit it is deeply satisfying to see a remainer,  still choking on the result of the referendum 2 years down the line.  :)    

I quote like James O'Brien, although he is a bit over the top. In fairness, if folk are going to ring him, then they need to be clear and have the facts to hand about what they're talking about, or he will shred them.

If we do end up not leaving though, and even though you don't like it, it's becoming more and more of a possibility as each day goes by, he'll be as smug as fuckery

Gove is a clever guy. It’s just a shame that there isn’t a single principle, person or quality he wouldn’t sell for a grubby chance of power. 

And everyone knows this. Which is why he is completely disliked.

When is Davidson back? Needs someone like her with common sense. 

• Site Supporter

Hi everyone

spoke to our Irish friends and (former) customers today.

The Irish are now planning entirely for no deal and the various business groups over there are implementing sweeping changes to move business away from the UK

have a nice day 

19 minutes ago, Spider said:

Hi everyone

The Irish are now planning entirely for no deal and the various business groups over there are implementing sweeping changes to move business away from the UK

have a nice day 

Tough Shit.

28 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Dianne Abbott on QT

God help us if labour get in and she is in a position of power

Brilliant Comment by the fella on QT he said I’m not worried about Brexit, I’m worried about Labour getting in power and Abbot being in control of immigration and our security. She is beyond bad, cannot comprehend how utterly terrible she is. 

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Hi everyone

have a nice day 

Hardly friends if their deserting you. On the plus side the Irish market not that big anyhow, similar population to greater manchester and merseyside joint population. Why’s it so important to your business?  

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Hardly friends if their deserting you. On the plus side the Irish market not that big anyhow, similar population to greater manchester and merseyside joint population. Why’s it so important to your business?  

This post sums you up perfectly.

irish market “not that big”??????

what the fuck are you on about??

You’re guessing, man. Pure and simple.

almost all of Ireland is off grid when it comes to gas supply. This makes it a fucking HUGE market for the heating industry I’m in. Furthermore, the EU is helping the Irish government fund upgrades to bring Ireland up to “developed world” standards in terms of heating efficiencies, cost savings and ability to keep warm in winter.

innthe same way the EU funds loads of projects in England, The Irish are benefitting from help in staying warm, but in a way that is cost effective.

they buy loads of stuff from British manufacturers (like me) but Brexit means it’s now easier to buy from Holland.

but what would I know.

Edited by Spider

9 minutes ago, Spider said:

This post sums you up perfectly.

irish market “not that big”??????

what the fuck are you on about??

You’re guessing, man. Pure and simple.

almost all of Ireland is off grid when it comes to gas supply. This makes it a fucking HUGE market for the heating industry I’m in. Furthermore, the EU is helping the Irish government fund upgrades to bring Ireland up to “developed world” standards in terms of heating efficiencies, cost savings and ability to keep warm in winter.

innthe same way the EU funds loads of projects in England, The Irish are benefitting from help in staying warm, but in a way that is cost effective.

they buy loads of stuff from British manufacturers (like me) but Brexit means it’s now easier to buy from Holland.

but what would I know.

Guessing!! That’s why I asked you why Ireland’s so important to your business.

So once the EU fund the upgrade no doubt partly with uk money then they won’t be off grid anymore, is that right?  

And by the way I supply Irish customers and know the volumes while decent for the population, hardly earth shattering in my game, hence my comments about it not being biggest market.  

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Guessing!! That’s why I asked you why Ireland’s so important to your business.

So once the EU fund the upgrade no doubt partly with uk money then they won’t be off grid anymore, is that right?  

And by the way I supply Irish customers and know the volumes while decent for the population, hardly earth shattering in my game, hence my comments about it not being biggest market.  

So it’s not a big market to you, which means it doesn’t really matter.

Tough shit again?

23 minutes ago, Spider said:

So it’s not a big market to you, which means it doesn’t really matter.

Tough shit again?

Don't worry, even JRM said it might be difficult for the first 50 or so years. It'll be grand after that though