Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Fuck me Ian Blackford does he ever shut the fuck up, same whine and whinge every time the fat cunt stands up. Give them a vote to fuck off and if it’s negative give him another until they fuck off. 

They had a vote. They voted to stay.  

Must follow the will of the people remember?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

They had a vote. They voted to stay.  

Must follow the will of the people remember?

Agree entirely. The same union voted to leave the EU, so he should respect that too.

He's a fucking nob, papping on about William Wallace and links with a country that didn't exist in the 1200s.

Just playing to his audience.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Agree entirely. The same union voted to leave the EU, so he should respect that too.

He's a fucking nob, papping on about William Wallace and links with a country that didn't exist in the 1200s.

Just playing to his audience.

Ha ha I saw that and the Tory MP pointed out that Germany didn’t exist on 1200s. He was also gushing of his praise for France and the EU and his loathing for the United Kingdom in particular England.  His party should do the honourable thing and not take their seats in British parliament. First class bell End Blackford in a party of bell ends

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Ha ha I saw that and the Tory MP pointed out that Germany didn’t exist on 1200s. He was also gushing of his praise for France and the EU and his loathing for the EU and the Union.  His party should do the honourable thing and not take their seats in British parliament. First class bell End Blackford in a party of bell ends

I have begun to wonder just this. 

A bit like Sinn Fein. Should they stay away as their intention is to be out and not for the UK, or should they come in and speak as elected members. Bit of a conflict there.

3 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

Not if the responses were skewed, most people having ripped the document up rather than reply.

Why would that affect the validity ? The sample was the number of responses. Not non respondents. 

So May has bought two weeks to negotiate further. Which is good news. But if she can’t bring back a deal with the backstop significantly changed the ERG have said they won’t back it and the Tory moderates have been promised the chance to vote for an amendment to stop no deal - in mid February that would almost certainly pass.

The problem with this approach is there is still no leverage at all over the EU as they know they can sit tight. What is needed is a Brexiteer to actually put forward a detailed and workable plan for managing the border issues that is compatible with the EU trade obligations and good Friday agreements. They can’t just keep pretending the issue doesn’t exist. There is two weeks or A50 will definitely be delayed by parliament. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

So May has bought two weeks to negotiate further. Which is good news. But if she can’t bring back a deal with the backstop significantly changed the ERG have said they won’t back it and the Tory moderates have been promised the chance to vote for an amendment to stop no deal - in mid February that would almost certainly pass.

The problem with this approach is there is still no leverage at all over the EU as they know they can sit tight. What is needed is a Brexiteer to actually put forward a detailed and workable plan for managing the border issues that is compatible with the EU trade obligations and good Friday agreements. They can’t just keep pretending the issue doesn’t exist. There is two weeks or A50 will definitely be delayed by parliament. 

Article 50 cannot be unilaterally "delayed by Parliament", and the EU are highly unlikely to agree to an extension unless there is a significant and guaranteed political move planned - such as a second referendum - and that's not happening.

It’s all meaningless. We are going over the cliff. 

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Article 50 cannot be unilaterally "delayed by Parliament", and the EU are highly unlikely to agree to an extension unless there is a significant and guaranteed political move planned - such as a second referendum - and that's not happening.

When do you think the no deal will be announced cheese? 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Now the government has a majority on something. The only obstacle to a deal is the EU.

Of all the amendments aimed at hobbling progress, only one got through. Quite a surprise.

Amendment n also got through. 

Even Corbyn has now offered to talk.

The government has no majority on anything. It is literally a minority government. The only majority established today was a very small parliamentary majority against "No Deal", - which is not legally binding and can be completely ignored. Nothing has changed.

You're obviously just regurgitating the false "it's all the EU's fault" line you've been fed for the last 12 months. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, royal white said:

When do you think the no deal will be announced cheese? 

What do you mean by "announced"? It's the default position. There's no need to "announce" it. What do you think is going to happen, royal white? 

Edited by Cheese

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

What do you mean by "announced"? It's the default position. There's no need to "announce" it. What do you think is going to happen, royal white? 

Not a clue and never once have I said I have a clue. I just love seeing your little hissy fits on here. Highly amusing.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

Not a clue and never once have I said I have a clue. I just love seeing your little hissy fits on here. Highly amusing.

Hate to disappoint you, but there's no "hissy fitting" going on here. Keep imagining there is though if it makes you happy. 

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

The EU have said they would listen to a request for an extension. It’s guaranteed if we ask. And Cooper’s amendment would likely pass if May doesn’t come back with a deal that will. The moderate Tories backed down from supporting it today because May told them they would have another chance in two weeks if she didn’t get a deal....

May has told her cabinet she won’t allow no deal. I’m confident we will get a deal but not convinced it will be by March. So suspect we will delay for a month or several months. 

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Did the piece you read explain why it is highly unlikely?

I didn’t get that far, I’m more interested in why you have been saying for sometime now that a no deal is going to happen yet now it seems highly unlikely.

was it just some more cheese scarmongering or did you just not have a clue? 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The EU have said they would listen to a request for an extension. It’s guaranteed if we ask. And Cooper’s amendment would likely pass if May doesn’t come back with a deal that will. The moderate Tories backed down from supporting it today because May told them they would have another chance in two weeks if she didn’t get a deal....

May has told her cabinet she won’t allow no deal. I’m confident we will get a deal but not convinced it will be by March. So suspect we will delay for a month or several months. 

The EU has categorically stated that Withdrawal Agreement negotiations are concluded, and will not be reopened. So unless something extraordinary happens, A50 is not going to get an extention. We can only revoke it entirely, and that is even less likely.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, royal white said:

I didn’t get that far, I’m more interested in why you have been saying for sometime now that a no deal is going to happen yet now it seems highly unlikely.

was it just some more cheese scarmongering or did you just not have a clue? 

Unless you either post a link to what you read or explain what it said, I can't possibly explain why it's wrong. Maybe the thing you read contains some information I'm not aware of? I'll be more than happy if that's the case. 

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Unless you either post a link to what you read or explain what it said, I can't possibly explain why it's wrong. Maybe the thing you read contains some information I'm not aware of? I'll be more than happy if that's the case. 

You don’t need a link or any explanation. 

Is there going to be a no deal yes or no? 

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

It's OK mate, we're going to play all the aces now when Teresa goes back to Brussels :D

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, royal white said:

You don’t need a link or any explanation. 

Is there going to be a no deal yes or no? 

Well I do, because you're basically asking me to comment on a headline without telling me what the article says. What if the article contains some information I'm unaware of? 

Edited by Cheese