Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You’ll need an IDP at £5.50 from the post office and that’s only if there’s no deal, it’s not complicated. 

Have you read the rest of that page?

an IDP is the easy bit.

• Members

I note the hystericals are now reaching fever pitch on here.

I won't even start to get excited until mid March. After then just watch how a deal is miraculously forged just as predicted all along by one of the wise visionaries on here.

Project Fear is reaching its zenith. Hopefully we will have heard the last of its panic ridden bleatings by the end of April.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Another remoaner sulking 

Watching the rest of it, and it is clear that he is pushing against a no deal scenario, and "encouraging" a deal to be agreed in parliament.

A deal which folk have been saying will be agreed for some considerable time.

Nothing new there whatsoever.

11 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d bet most of them are remainers still skriking over the result. 

You have said all along that there will be short term pain for long term gain, this was pretty clear message from Brexit supporters.

But now any bad news comes out as Brexiteers predicted they blame it on 'project fear' or remainers.

It is one thing that most people would agree Brexiteers got right. The only question was the amount of the pain and how long it would last.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I see Dr Fox has admitted the rollover of the Japan and Turkey trade deals will not be ready for 29th March. So not quite as easy as he first thought then. And this is just meant to be a rollover of terms but other countries are taking advantage of us now

Hang on, Japanese car makers can now sell cars tariff free into Europe, and are making them at home.

They'll still want to send them here though, so it's hardly in their interests to attempt to risk a trade deal for the sake of acting the cunt.

Too easy to make a generalised comment like they're taking advantage, without knowing the full details.

13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Too easy to make a generalised comment like they're taking advantage, without knowing the full details.

Doesn't usually stop them!

27 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Hang on, Japanese car makers can now sell cars tariff free into Europe, and are making them at home.

They'll still want to send them here though, so it's hardly in their interests to attempt to risk a trade deal for the sake of acting the cunt.

I posted a link a few days ago that said exactly this. Japan, like any good negotiators would, have sensed an opportunity and are doing exactly what they should do and bargain hard. I agree about cars though but this is much more than cars isn't it

They did a segment for dummies on radio 1 newsbeat. 

There was an absolute cock of a bloke that was all for brexit because all the shops in home town were closing and eduction and hospitals are crap.

oh and he wants to move to Cyprus and live there. 

On 19/02/2019 at 10:36, Salford Trotter said:

Edit

On this occasion I would say not but as a member of the EU we would have the best trade deal possible with Japan. Below is an article that will be typical of what we will be up against when negotiating our own trade deals hence why Dr Fox is struggling to push other BIG deals over the line. Remember, alone we may the 5th or 6th biggest economy in the world but the EU is x7 bigger than we are so we just don't have the same negotiating strength. Why would you give the same terms to one customer that you give to one that is x7 the size? Call it Project Fear all you want but when Dr Fox said way back when that negotiating UK trade deals would be "the easiest in history" is proving not to be the case. Hopefully now people will start to believe there was/is some truth in what remainers have been saying for a long time. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/08/japan-seeking-big-concessions-from-britain-in-trade-talks-eu-brexit

In case you missed it so it is not a generalised comment but quoting an article that gives us the reasoning. I have read many a link that Leavers have posted so am i not permitted to do the same? 

• Site Supporter

It is indeed more than about cars. I did have a look at your link, and as I have said before now, I don't pay much attention to links on either side of the debate when they are issued by an organisation completely vested in one camp or another.

These reports ultimately are speculative, very few are party to discussions and negotiations, so I'll wait and pass judgement when they're agreed.

It's the constant negativity that abounds in society, with regard to something, that has never been done by the county before and has no precedent upon which to base facts, that leaves me scratching my head.

If you keep telling yourself something is going to be shit, it generally is, because of a shit approach.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It is indeed more than about cars. I did have a look at your link, and as I have said before now, I don't pay much attention to links on either side of the debate when they are issued by an organisation completely vested in one camp or another.

These reports ultimately are speculative, very few are party to discussions and negotiations, so I'll wait and pass judgement when they're agreed.

It's the constant negativity that abounds in society, with regard to something, that has never been done by the county before and has no precedent upon which to base facts, that leaves me scratching my head.

If you keep telling yourself something is going to be shit, it generally is, because of a shit approach.

I don't think you could describe any of the written media as being impartial. I drew my conclusions based on the fact that if this was as simple as rolling over terms then this would have been agreed months ago. So this article feels like it has some credence and the behaviour is exactly what you will expect when negotiating with the big boys. Once we are out of the EU we simply do not have the scale and therefore not the same negotiating strength, it makes sense once you think it through

• Site Supporter

So, 33 days to go and we still don't know what's happening?

They've had over 700 days to get this done, and we are still no closer.

Customers abroad are leaving in droves - a small supplier I know who shipped to the continent has been fucked off in favour of suppliers in the EU just because he cannot give any answers.

It's lovely, innit?

15 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

I see the French Farmers are calling for a hard border in Ireland, no matter if theres a hard brexit or not.

They are potentially massive losers when the uk tit runs dry