Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Salford Trotter said:

I hope you are right mate but in my experience there is still too much uncertainty for businesses to invest at the levels that we need them to in order to make a difference. 

I facilitated a brexit strategy session this week with a client in Rotterdam and much of the discussion was around their capital investment strategy. The board were just not convinced that there was enough confidence that a substantive trade deal was possible before the year end. They were able to put some practical measures in place but the big stuff was kicked down the road. 

Did you tell the client it's a complete bag of wank, a disaster in the making?

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Did you tell the client it's a complete bag of wank, a disaster in the making?

I was just the facilitator of the session and our views on Brexit were irrelevant, they have to make pragmatic decisions based on what they know. Fwiw they have just completed the building of a brand new factory in Corby costing £20m but they won't start the second phase probably costing in the region of £10m until they know what they are up against. 

1 hour ago, Salford Trotter said:

I was just the facilitator of the session and our views on Brexit were irrelevant, they have to make pragmatic decisions based on what they know. Fwiw they have just completed the building of a brand new factory in Corby costing £20m but they won't start the second phase probably costing in the region of £10m until they know what they are up against. 

Question if I may Pete. When did they commence phase 1?

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

About a year ago I believe. They had no choice as the existing factory was not fit for purpose and they had a growing business in the UK and the capacity just wasn't there

Two years after the out vote?

That's a bit naïve of them...

8 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

About a year ago I believe. They had no choice as the existing factory was not fit for purpose and they had a growing business in the UK and the capacity just wasn't there

Well picking the obvious positive out of that theY evidently have a growing business to such an extent they require increased production. 

it wouldn’t be prudent of any business if they haven’t got an immediate need to expand to do so would expect phase two to be sidelined as a matter of course and a decision made easier when you consider in 11 months we will know much more certain what the immediate future looks like

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Two years after the out vote?

That's a bit naïve of them...

If you’ve nowhere to produce your goods what choice do you have mate? It’s a positive that they have had to 

suspect they must build nuclear shelters and oversized fridges to store all the food and medicine supplies Pete ready for the shortage of supplies?? 🤣

Edited by Escobarp

10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Well picking the obvious positive out of that theY evidently have a growing business to such an extent they require increased production. 

it wouldn’t be prudent of any business if they haven’t got an immediate need to expand to do so would expect phase two to be sidelined as a matter of course and a decision made easier when you consider in 11 months we will know much more certain what the immediate future looks like

The growth has come from a complacent competitor and the expansion is about bringing in a production capability on a completely different range that is made in the NL currently.  

4 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

The growth has come from a complacent competitor and the expansion is about bringing in a production capability on a completely different range that is made in the NL currently.  

Well it’s a positive whichever way you look at it

weve just released our budgets for next year which are forecasting 15% growth and as you will know double digit growth for any business is strong. We delivered 7.5% last year which I think was pretty good tbh with what was going on. Plus i only joined in June so they only had 7 months of my undoubted talent. 

first week back this year has already seen some incredible potential opportunities coming to the fore. I’m very optimistic. But then again you know this 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

3 times they approached me before I agreed to even speak to them. And only then cos my boss had turned into a thundercunt but hands down best move I’ve ever made. Wish I had gone sooner now 

If it doesn't grow at 15%, maybe 10 instead, you should go on gmr and rant about not being Alan sugar.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If it doesn't grow at 15%, maybe 10 instead, you should go on gmr and rant about not being Alan sugar.

I might just do that pal. Off topic I know but I’ve no idea what the fuck he’s on about with his rant tonight 

1 minute ago, leigh white said:

So town centre Bolton will revert back to when it was under Labour Control cutting it back to another fucking 10 years of austerity under Tory rule making.

Genuinely if you think bolton town centre or any town centre is in demise due to the tories then you really need to do some reading up pal. Starter for ten - retail shopping has completely changed. Customers prefer to sit at home and shop. Anyway  happy reading 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Genuinely if you think bolton town centre or any town centre is in demise due to the tories then you really need to do some reading up pal. Starter for ten - retail shopping has completely changed. Customers prefer to sit at home and shop. Anyway  happy reading 

I was upset about a local bookshop closing down in the town, you could spend ages reading hooligan books from different factions from over the country, I never bought one.