Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Leaving the EU has made it an inevitability as far as I'm concerned. It's just a matter of time now. And when it happens - we'll be weaker as a result. I've said this since we'll before Brexit. It was one of my reasons for voting remain. I value the UK.

A bit pessimistic that.

They had the chance and even post brexit, whichever UK government follows this, isnt going to allow another independence referendum straight away without looking at how the land lies.

I can't help feeling the SNP project will wither somewhat in a generation or two. Bit like the Welsh cottage burners.

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A bit pessimistic that.

They had the chance and even post brexit, whichever UK government follows this, isnt going to allow another independence referendum straight away without looking at how the land lies.

I can't help feeling the SNP project will wither somewhat in a generation or two. Bit like the Welsh cottage burners.

I disagree - I think that cat is well and truly out of the bag now. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, kent_white said:

I disagree - I think that cat is well and truly out of the bag now. 

Well have to wait and see then. Maybe in 5-10 years when Scotland hasn't starved to death some of the impetus will be lost.

Alternatively if they're all back crofting then fair enough. 

It is still a scottish issue though.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

However plenty of Scots wanted out well before brexit. SNP will continue to fight for it, and if at some point they do vote out, then that's their decision. 

Be interesting to see what a uk wide referendum offering scotland independence would result in. 

Agree with that. I think Blair and New Labour recognised it too and tried kicking the can down the road with the devolved parliament.  It was inevitable the SNP would keep revisiting this issue.  Less predictable was the collapse of any real opposition to them in Scotland. 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No UK government is going to push for it- would be political suicide.

However plenty of Scots wanted out well before brexit. SNP will continue to fight for it, and if at some point they do vote out, then that's their decision. 

Be interesting to see what a uk wide referendum offering scotland independence would result in. 

Although that could and should never be offered. It would like allowing the rest of the EU to be allowed to vote on if the UK should be allowed to leave the EU or not.......

3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Although that could and should never be offered. It would like allowing the rest of the EU to be allowed to vote on if the UK should be allowed to leave the EU or not.......

We’ve left already

3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Quite different

15 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

What cracks me up about the SNP is they want independence but if they get it they’ll promptly try to join the EU. 

Who probably won't let them in!

Tossers

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, Sweep said:

It won't be offered.

Purely curious as to which way English folk would vote. 

Would imagine most of us are pro union, by quite a margin.

11 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I know, that does sound bonkers

She’s anti English. And that is the bare facts of it. Hates the English hates Westminster and it’s her only desire to leave that legacy as being the first minister to deliver independence. 

and then as you all point out she will try to get into the EU immediately. Madness 

17 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Hate the Scots, hate the Welsh, hate the EU (of course), hate the Irish, hate the French, hate the remainers (unpatriotic traitors), hate immigrants (spongers).  Welcome to post brexit UK👍

Who does? Unpatriotic traitors definitely, all the other folk are wonderful. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper