Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

So they paid less than half the cost of a brand spanking new motorway.

I have family and work colleagues in Ireland, every one of them would vote stay if there was a referendum. They all think we are fucking nuts (to put it mildly!) given our ties with the EU. 

Aye, they would, whereas we were nett contributors, while they took the blood money. Fuck them, they’ll come running before we do. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Has the deal been done or officially called off talks? Missed that can you post the link please ?

thanks in advance 

You're a bright bloke

Why would the EU ever give us a better deal than when we were 'in'

Its just so fucking obvious

Giving us a better deal was signing their death warrant

2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

So they paid less than half the cost of a brand spanking new motorway.

I have family and work colleagues in Ireland, every one of them would vote stay if there was a referendum. They all think we are fucking nuts (to put it mildly!) given our ties with the EU. 

Yes, though Spider said the EU paid everything when in fact they didn't. 

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Aye, they would, whereas we were nett contributors, while they took the blood money. Fuck them, they’ll come running before we do. 

Ireland are net contributors too mate, have been a few years now, hence why the tide is starting to turn over there. 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Yes, though Spider said the EU paid everything when in fact they didn't. 

I didn’t say that S

I said that the EU has helped them rebuild their infrastructure with MASSIVE grants (sometimes 52% 😊) towards civil engineering projects.

You suggested that there’s a groundswell of anti-EU sentiment amongst the pikeys. There’s maybe 20/25%.

Even Mounts agrees with me on that 😳

3 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

So, net benefactors do good and become net contributors. Sounds like a success story to me. No doubt there are those that want it both ways but some always do.

In layman's terms, you give me a quid and I'll give you 70p back but i will tell you exactly how you spend it.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

They’d be the last to leave.

every motorway you drive on over there was paid for by Europe.

Trust me, having dealt with them for years, they wouldn’t leave. A referendum would be 80/20 in favour of staying.

They've benefitted way too much.

For the benefit of Spider.......EVERY MOTORWAY

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

I didn’t say that S

I said that the EU has helped them rebuild their infrastructure with MASSIVE grants (sometimes 52% 😊) towards civil engineering projects.

You suggested that there’s a groundswell of anti-EU sentiment amongst the pikeys. There’s maybe 20/25%.

See above post twatty 😄 

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

I didn’t say that S

Did I say groundswell ? No i didn't.

I said growing discontent,  look mate, put the lager down, you'll just get Jos Buttlered again 😄 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

In layman's terms, you give me a quid and I'll give you 70p back but i will tell you exactly how you spend it.

If it was as simple as that, there would be no EU.  There is fuck all chance the likes of Germany, France, the UK 😉, Netherlands, etc would pay in for fuck all.

Anyhoo, I await the golden lands of non EU membership and all that global trade that will come flooding in and make us all rich and prosperous.

Although, Farage promised that BMW and VW would step in as they like selling us cars, so we might be blighted by damn those efficient germans yet.

1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

If it was as simple as that, there would be no EU.  There is fuck all chance the likes of Germany, France, the UK 😉, Netherlands, etc would pay in for fuck all.

Anyhoo, I await the golden lands of non EU membership and all that global trade that will come flooding in and make us all rich and prosperous.

Although, Farage promised that BMW and VW would step in as they like selling us cars, so we might be blighted by damn those efficient germans yet.

There won't be an EU for much longer, all Empires come to an abrupt end 😉 

Thank us Visionaries one day🙂 

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

For the benefit of Spider.......EVERY MOTORWAY

Jesus

the EU contributed to MOST of them then. Either way, without their money the Irish would still be dragging horses through mud to get from one side of Offally to the other.

The net result is the same - the EU have tipped them plenty.

9 minutes ago, Spider said:

Jesus

the EU contributed to MOST of them then. Either way, without their money the Irish would still be dragging horses through mud to get from one side of Offally to the other.

Listen Tito, you said they paid for every motorway, end of.

Now, be a good boy and button it 😃 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Jesus

I couldn't believe it when I first went to Ireland in 2004 with work at their Dublin office and they told me it would take 3 hours at least to get to Athlone. It actually took nearer to 4 hours ffs.

Now that journey takes an hour and Athlone is unrecognisable to how it was back then, it is booming.