Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
Just now, miamiwhite said:

Yes, and the world has moved on now sunshine as proven in the figures where the EU is lagging behind. Do you really want to be a part of that plus part of a federal load of shite and EU army ?

Do you honestly think the EU is going to be a major player years down the line ? If so, why did you vote leave then ?

Thank me as always

Thank me for voting to leave

#Visionary

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

I don’t see that as relevant.

Mainly because it isn’t.

The world has moved on since we had to build spitfires.

The point remains : we chose to leave to improve our situation.

And if we do, thank people like me who voted for it.

If we don’t, we can’t say we weren’t warned.

Sadly some very very very sad people want us to end up worse off. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Take it you can't give a rational answer then.

Follow the sheep lad.

My rational answer is that there’s a middle ground very few people are willing to tread on.

A middle ground where Brexit is a bit shit and no one will concede an inch for fear of looking weak.

the deal with you EU must be better than the one we had, or else this has all been for naught.

Or would any deal, no matter how bad, be satisfactory in order to claim the referendum victory?

What constitutes a good deal? Mounts has, to be fair, put his bollocks on the block

14 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Sadly some very very very sad people want us to end up worse off. 

Yes as with the posts above about the no deal meltdown. As you say very very very sad. 

Edited by Ani

10 minutes ago, Spider said:

My rational answer is that there’s a middle ground very few people are willing to tread on.

A middle ground where Brexit is a bit shit and no one will concede an inch for fear of looking weak.

the deal with you EU must be better than the one we had, or else this has all been for naught.

Or would any deal, no matter how bad, be satisfactory in order to claim the referendum victory?

What constitutes a good deal? Mounts has, to be fair, put his bollocks on the block

What if the deals are the same but we don't pay billions a year to the EU ?

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

It wasn’t just about the deal with the EU, it was about not being part of a European ideal that was leading to greater federalism and all that entailed, we’ve never really fit in with that project (European army, freedom of movement, euro currency, more power for Brussels and ever increasing nett contributions year in year out) many of these ideals are at odds with what the majority of the people of the U.K. want and and now we’ve left they can crack on there merry way. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It wasn’t just about the deal with the EU, it was about not being part of a European ideal that was leading to greater federalism and all that entailed, we’ve never really fit in with that project (European army, freedom of movement, euro currency, more power for Brussels and ever increasing nett contributions year in year out) many of these ideals are at odds with what the majority of the people of the U.K. want and and now we’ve left they can crack on there merry way. 

We cherry picked a lot though. Never joined the euro for example.

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, Spider said:

I don’t see that as relevant.

Mainly because it isn’t.

The world has moved on since we had to build spitfires.

The point remains : we chose to leave to improve our situation.

And if we do, thank people like me who voted for it.

If we don’t, we can’t say we weren’t warned.

If that isn't relevant, then perhaps the time in the EU is also less relevant now?

We had an understandable period of difficulty post war, and huge union influence.

Perhaps the EEC was good for us, perhaps Margaret Thatcher provided the catalyst for a change of philosophy. Lots of factors.

Perhaps the emergence of the EU, the Euro and all the other stuff, together with the emergence of new economies means its relevance has declined.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

What if the deals are the same but we don't pay billions a year to the EU ?

Yep. Current deals aren't necessarily bad because they were created when we were part of the EU. However if we can get them without expensive membership, unsustainable immigration etc then that's a reasonable result in itself.

13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yep. Current deals aren't necessarily bad because they were created when we were part of the EU. However if we can get them without expensive membership, unsustainable immigration etc then that's a reasonable result in itself.

Exactly mate. Spider has shut his beak up now and will be booting his laptop about.

• Site Supporter
Just now, miamiwhite said:

Exactly mate. Spider has shut his beak up now and will be booting his laptop about.

I’m just tucking into £23 worth of Aberdeen Angus.

You think we’ll have exact same deal but pay nothing in?

15 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

deals , all smoke and mirrors , what do we know 

lets just stop the channel hoppers

that  i can see and understand

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

You said that re every deal...."they're just the fucking same.... sob sob sob"

Enjoy your tea Gummy

This Scottish cow is deee fucking licious 

washed down with a subtle yet deep Bordeaux 

What you on about now?

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’m just tucking into £23 worth of Aberdeen Angus.

You think we’ll have exact same deal but pay nothing in?

Course not.

But we're referring to deals with other nations.

The one with the EU does need to be as good as possible though- or a number of EU suppliers might suffer...

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

You're obsessed.....replying whilst having your tea. Put your cow on Facebook 😄 

I’m not “having my tea” you utter heathen.

“Tea” is egg and chips in front of Thats Life on a Sunday.

This is a beautifully prepared cut of beef accompanied by a Grand Cru.

once the lorries are all stacked up in Kent, this will be a thing of the past.