Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, green genie said:

Same happening in Devon and Cornwall. Shame buy British doesn't include seafood. 

 

9 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Yes, they have been thrown under the bus. 

I think pretty much anybody with half a brain knew the fisherfolk were going to get sacrificed - it's not a massive issue really (for them yes, for the UK, not at all), the main thing is that we're still able, as far as I'm able to tell, allowed to continue to trade tariff free in industries that actually generate some money for the country

Same for NI really, everybody knew they were going to be fucked over, absolutely everybody, so now for people to claim they are surprised at what's happening is a bit odd

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • miamiwhite

    3778

  • Mounts Kipper

    3286

  • boltondiver

    2619

  • Tonge moor green jacket

    2564

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll even name names. The following are massive cunts: Me. Bolty. Miami. Cheese. Kent. Casino. Kipper. Royal. Labour. Tories. Scotland. The Welsh. The EU. Americans. People from fucking Yorkshire

My last comment on this... There are people on here who apart from being Bolton fans I have nothing in common with & whose opinions I wheheartedly disagree with, however I would fight for their ri

Mein Kampf

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Sweep said:

 

I think pretty much anybody with half a brain knew the fisherfolk were going to get sacrificed - it's not a massive issue really (for them yes, for the UK, not at all), the main thing is that we're still able, as far as I'm able to tell, allowed to continue to trade tariff free in industries that actually generate some money for the country

Same for NI really, everybody knew they were going to be fucked over, absolutely everybody, so now for people to claim they are surprised at what's happening is a bit odd

Yeah but some people are still clinging onto every single bit  of negativity they can. It’s in their dna. It’s these people who should have been thrown under the bus. Literally.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

A few of us on here know a haulier and he’s just posted on Facebook that he’s stopping deliveries to NI because of the amount of aggro he’s having.

Not sure which way he voted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

A few of us on here know a haulier and he’s just posted on Facebook that he’s stopping deliveries to NI because of the amount of aggro he’s having.

Not sure which way he voted.

I think we can make quite a confident guess

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Yeah but some people are still clinging onto every single bit  of negativity they can. It’s in their dna. It’s these people who should have been thrown under the bus. Literally.  

I know. I see it a bit different, I think it's really positive news the fishing industry is being fucked over, it's great news, as it means that we got concessions elsewhere. It was always going to be give and take, we were never going to have our cake and eat it (as some tried to have us believe), so we had to sacrifice something. Much rather it was the fishing industry than say the Medical or Defence sector

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sweep said:

I know. I see it a bit different, I think it's really positive news the fishing industry is being fucked over, it's great news, as it means that we got concessions elsewhere. It was always going to be give and take, we were never going to have our cake and eat it (as some tried to have us believe), so we had to sacrifice something. Much rather it was the fishing industry than say the Medical or Defence sector

I looked at the deal from a selfish point of view and it means I’m ok. My employer will be ok. 
if I was involved in the fishing sector I would be pissed off. I’m not. Like you say as we got closer to the end date it was cleaner someone somewhere was going to be sacrificed (so to speak). 
 

thing is most of the people complaining about this have nowt to do with the fishing sector. It’s just noise 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sweep said:

 

I think pretty much anybody with half a brain knew the fisherfolk were going to get sacrificed - it's not a massive issue really (for them yes, for the UK, not at all), the main thing is that we're still able, as far as I'm able to tell, allowed to continue to trade tariff free in industries that actually generate some money for the country

Same for NI really, everybody knew they were going to be fucked over, absolutely everybody, so now for people to claim they are surprised at what's happening is a bit odd

Yes and that is why Scottish independence was also going to be a by-product of brexit as well as a risk of troubles returning in NI.

Anyone with half a brain could see these things before. So I’ll ask again, was brexit worth breaking the UK up for? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It hasn’t broken up. Fact 

This is true. 

However, the Northern Irish are operating under different rules than the rest of us.  The Scots who voted overwhelmingly to remain, are more pissed off than ever.  There's even a growing independence movement in Wales now.

Not broken up yet but significantly weaker imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

This is true. 

However, the Northern Irish are operating under different rules than the rest of us.  The Scots who voted overwhelmingly to remain, are more pissed off than ever.  There's even a growing independence movement in Wales now.

Not broken up yet but significantly weaker imo.

If any of Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland do leave the U.K. then they’ll soon find out what significantly weaker really means. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If any of Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland do leave the U.K. then they’ll soon find out what significantly weaker really means. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47tdxpew8q58ousynu8k

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If any of Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland do leave the U.K. then they’ll soon find out what significantly weaker really means. 

That’s helpful

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

This is true. 

However, the Northern Irish are operating under different rules than the rest of us.  The Scots who voted overwhelmingly to remain, are more pissed off than ever.  There's even a growing independence movement in Wales now.

Not broken up yet but significantly weaker imo.

A lot are yes but not all. 
 

mounts is correct though these countries will be much weaker out of the UK. As will England be tbf. But what will be will be. 
 

as long as we can retain the trading relationship we have then each country needs to decide its own future. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If any of Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland do leave the U.K. then they’ll soon find out what significantly weaker really means. 

Mounts is correct, England is the powerhouse in the UK, there is no doubt about that. Each of the other nations would struggle without their political attachment to England. England on the other hand would be fine if the UK split up and we end up "going alone" 

In this instance, Scotchland, Wales and NI really do need "us" more than we need "them"

I don't want them to break away, I like being part of the UK, but we'll just have to see what happens

Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, we thought it was long winded and tricky to extract ourselves from the EU - that will look like a veritable picnic compared to one of the home nations trying to extract themselves from the UK, that really would take an absolute age

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Mounts is correct, England is the powerhouse in the UK, there is no doubt about that. Each of the other nations would struggle without their political attachment to England. England on the other hand would be fine if the UK split up and we end up "going alone" 

In this instance, Scotchland, Wales and NI really do need "us" more than we need "them"

I don't want them to break away, I like being part of the UK, but we'll just have to see what happens

If NI joined the republic it would be far better off IMO. There is no reason they would not prosper in a united Ireland. At the moment they are feeling like a halfway house which suits no one. It would be a painful process though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

If NI joined the republic it would be far better off IMO. There is no reason they would not prosper in a united Ireland. At the moment they are feeling like a halfway house which suits no one. It would be a painful process though.

Of course it would be messy.  Pretty much half of Norn Iron folk see themselves as British as any of us on here, many probably more so.  So to ask them to effectively no longer be British is just not going to happen IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DazBob said:

Of course it would be messy.  Pretty much half of Norn Iron folk see themselves as British as any of us on here, many probably more so.  So to ask them to effectively no longer be British is just not going to happen IMO.

Yes I get that.  The problem is that they are now operating differently to the rest of the UK regarding trading in the single market and with mainland UK.  They will feel more aligned to Dublin than London now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Farrelli said:

Yes I get that.  The problem is that they are now operating differently to the rest of the UK regarding trading in the single market and with mainland UK.  They will feel more aligned to Dublin than London now.

You mean aligned to Brussels. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Wasn’t mean to be helpful just truthful

It's not though. NI would be stronger as part of a united Ireland. Scotland would be ok on it's own, certainly not as wealthy as part of the UK, but governing themselves and making their own decisions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Yes I get that.  The problem is that they are now operating differently to the rest of the UK regarding trading in the single market and with mainland UK.  They will feel more aligned to Dublin than London now.

Gove said they get to enjoy the best of both Worlds - surely they're happy with that 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.