Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Doesn’t matter. It’s Upto the people of Scotland to decide and nobody else. Same with Northern Ireland/Ireland if they have that vote as well. 

I will be very sad if she gets a vote as I believe they will get independence. I could be wrong. I didn’t think brexit would be voted for. 

Sad because it means I will need to leave the country ive called home for nearly 15 years. 

Would you get a vote ? 

Just now, Escobarp said:

No they didn’t get a vote. Just folk living here. 

I worked with a guy who was an true blue Tory, full jock, used to run the Scottish conservatives. He was furious that did not get a vote. So it is anyone on the Scottish electoral register ? 

3 minutes ago, Ani said:

Would you get a vote ? 

I did get the option to vote yes of course and I would get a vote in any further referendum  

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Now we’re getting somewhere.

Who decides?

I qualify to vote, as should the whole Scottish Diaspora.

You qualify as much as my mum does. You have the same rights to vote here as I do in Germany. Fuck all 

Just now, Ani said:

I worked with a guy who was an true blue Tory, full jock, used to run the Scottish conservatives. He was furious that did not get a vote. So it is anyone on the Scottish electoral register ? 

Yes basically although an anomaly with regards to 16-18 year olds whom I’m sure got a vote last time as they won’t be on the electoral register so had to be registered specifically. I may have made that up of course

I did get the option to vote yes of course and I would get a vote in any further referendum  

You qualify as much as my mum does. You have the same rights to vote here as I do in Germany. Fuck all 

You tell him Bob....and he's a ginger cunt too 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

How does one qualify ?

Yes basically although an anomaly with regards to 16-18 year olds whom I’m sure got a vote last time as they won’t be on the electoral register so had to be registered specifically. I may have made that up of course

Added the info above mate, 16 year old got the vote.....SNP are like about re voting age hoping to attract the gullible and naive. Aren't they hoping all the migrants can vote too ?

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

By living here. That’s the rules as you well know. 

😁

I have family in the leafy suburbs of Coatbridge.

All union, all Rangers fans and all absolute pisscans.

We’re in safe hands.

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

😁

I have family in the leafy suburbs of Coatbridge.

All union, all Rangers fans and all absolute pisscans.

We’re in safe hands.

A business associate of mine owned the hotel on Main Street in coatbridge and used to own a nightclub there. Some place 😁

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I notice you've changed your wording from "illegal" to "non-legal"...

8 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Added the info above mate, 16 year old got the vote.....SNP are like about re voting age hoping to attract the gullible and naive. Aren't they hoping all the migrants can vote too ?

Refugees

I still feel that, as a British citizen, if someone wants to take away a part of the nation, then I should have a say.

This does conflict with my libertarian view of "if they want to go, they should", and the SNP should not get away wih the lie that it is aiming for independence, when it seems quite content to surrender that to the EU. It is about seperating from England.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I didn't know that. So Scots living in the rest of the UK can't vote in the referendum? 

That's a big portion of 'remainers' I would suspect?

It’s based on the electoral roll.

if you’re registered on that , you’re in.

13 minutes ago, kent_white said:

That's a big portion of 'remainers' I would suspect?

You would imagine a fair few. Strange how there is no desire on the part of the SNP to include these people in the vote don’t you think?

9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If they get this independence referendum and they vote to leave will there be another vote to decide whether to join the EU? 

you would imagine so. But I genuinely don’t see Scotland being accepted into the EU anyway and it’s so far down the line it’s untrue. 

You would imagine a fair few. Strange how there is no desire on the part of the SNP to include these people in the vote don’t you think?

you would imagine so. But I genuinely don’t see Scotland being accepted into the EU anyway and it’s so far down the line it’s untrue. 

I noticed the life expectancy in Scotland is shockingly low mate. We'll all be deed before lockdown is over 😄