Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Bercow announces that it is unlikely that a 3rd meaningful vote will take place. What that means for Brexit on 29th March or a longer delay into the next parliamentary session remains to be seen

There will be ways around it. But makes it a bit trickier. However, whilst Bercow (who I like) is merely reinforcing the rules - given the position we are in I find this a dangerous intervention. He will argue that he had no choice after being asked to do so by MPs....

6 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

There will be ways around it. But makes it a bit trickier. However, whilst Bercow (who I like) is merely reinforcing the rules - given the position we are in I find this a dangerous intervention. He will argue that he had no choice after being asked to do so by MPs....

Bercow must read WW

6 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He did give himself some wriggle room

Just now, Salford Trotter said:

Though it makes No Deal more likely i cannot see the Gvt opting for anything but a lengthy extension

I respect Bercow - he's trying to stop parliament being bullied by the executive. But I worry that there are potential consequences beyond the stupid house of fools to this intervention....and that worries me.....

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

She has failed because a remain parliament has weakened her hand in an attempt to over turn the referendum. 

She's failed because we already asked for the deal the EU said "OK" then we said "actually we don't want that".

Has nothing to do with a "remain parliament". 

12 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

She's failed because we already asked for the deal the EU said "OK" then we said "actually we don't want that".

Has nothing to do with a "remain parliament". 

Government asked for it and parliament blocked it.  Therefore parliament is to blame. If the backstop was removed remainers would still vote against it. The blame lies with a remain parliament. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Parliament said that. Therefore parliament is to blame. If the backstop was removed remainers would still vote against it. The blame lies with a remain parliament. 

There is a majority for the deal if all the ERG and DUP vote for it even with the hardcore 6 Tory remainers voting against.

So all Brexiteers needed to do was vote for Brexit. They've had two chances. And blown them both. Not very good are they?

4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

There is a majority for the deal if all the ERG and DUP vote for it even with the hardcore 6 Tory remainers voting against.

So all Brexiteers needed to do was vote for Brexit. They've had two chances. And blown them both. Not very good are they?

Tell me that if we leave on 29th without a deal, the DUP and ERG will get what they wanted. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

37 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

She has failed because a remain parliament has weakened her hand in an attempt to over turn the referendum. 

32 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

no she weaken her hand by having a GE, but lets re-write history again

Yep.

Entirely self inflicted this shitstorm

11 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Yep.

Entirely self inflicted this shitstorm

Same can be said about remainers, if we drop out without a deal, remainers should have voted for Mays softer WA. Oh I do hope we drop out on the 29th and remainers will have played a big part in that if it happens. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Same can be said about remainers, if we drop out without a deal, remainers should have voted for Mays softer WA. Oh I do hope we drop out on the 29th and remainers will have played a big part in that if it happens. 

Erm....crash out

:)

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I respect Bercow - he's trying to stop parliament being bullied by the executive. But I worry that there are potential consequences beyond the stupid house of fools to this intervention....and that worries me.....

Bercow, as I'm sure you know, is accusing of bullying staff in significant numbers.

47 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Bercows decision might force the EU to make a proper amendment to the WA. Otherwise its looking like a no deal is becoming more likely. Has bercow thought it through? it seems a win win for leavers. 

Keeping the evening free

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Are you sure? How will we cope. If we "crash" out with a "no-deal Brexit" won't we all be sitting in caves cracking stones together for heat and light on March 30th? I mean look at that barbarian 90 per cent of the world that eeks a living outside the EU day in and day out. If you're outside the EU's tarriff wall and regulatory regime, you're out of civilisation. Didn't you know?