Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

12 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

And i said it was an assumption but an educated one given the fact TBP would have mopped up the vast majority of the 'leave' vote. Maybe we will never know but what is clear that no one party will command a majority in another GE and so leaving the EU is far from being a certainty in my view. Something has to give as we can't continue being in this political pergutory. I can see A50 being revoked so we can get on with governing the country properly with the promise that in 5 years time we will have another referendum but this time with a fully informed electorate

Who’s going to revoke it?

3 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Who’s going to revoke it?

If there is no one party with a parliamentary majority then, in order to get on with running the country which had to be the priority, the parties themselves would revoke it. As i said maybe that is done with the promise of a People's vote further down the line who knows. One thing is for sure we can't stay as we are, this is an unbearable situation

• Members
55 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

The numbers just don’t clearly show that.

Which way will the rump of Labour and Conservative go?

That would tell us the full picture.

The hysterical one gets himself all into a lather and then spouts horse shit. What he fails to point out (conveniently) is that the Illiberal Undemocrats and the communists masquerading as environmentalists are not one issue parties. They already had a support base so you can't attribute their total vote to the Remain cause. Of course he would like you to believe that this is the case because, as he has shown since this thread began, he wants to put his fingers in his ears, stamp his feet and sing Gingangooly every time the majority case as evidenced in the referendum is put forward.

Head in the sand. Cocking a deaf 'un. Turning a blind eye. Whichever way you want to put it.

• Members
57 minutes ago, Ani said:

Mounts there are 3 sides to this Leavers, Remain and old school parties.

The old school parties have been destroyed. Parties with a strong remain message (Greens and Lib Dem’s) have done as well as the Brexit party. 

Challenge UK and UKIP cancel each other out. 

If you add SNP vote in there (although their vote is made up of Remainers and Leavers). Parties with a strong Remain message have the higher % of the vote. 

If you don't allow for their other policies which already gave them a solid base of course.

Brexit party was/is a one issue party so far and only weeks old. Remainers can try to pour cold water on that all they like but it won't wash.

• Members
41 minutes ago, Ani said:

Can everyone just be clear that clearly there is no clear message in this result ! 

People are spinning it whichever way and continuing their entrenched views which get us nowhere. 

Why is it suddenly leave with no deal or second referendum? Why not get a better deal and Leave ? 

Ani - just for good measure, you are talking absolute sense here. This is precisely what MK, PH, mysalf and others would like to see although No Deal would not be the end of the world in my opinion. MK has consistently predicted that there would be a deal and I think the likelihood of this has just increased.

What we hope for is that Boris (most likely) will emphatically put no deal back on the table and call the bluff of the federalist bastards who seek to take us over by stealth. Then, and only then, are we likely to see negotiations in good faith OR the EU side will have a tantrum and fuck off with no deal only to come crawling back eventually because of the military might of the UK and the security blanket it offers.

7 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

The hysterical one gets himself all into a lather and then spouts horse shit. What he fails to point out (conveniently) is that the Illiberal Undemocrats and the communists masquerading as environmentalists are not one issue parties. They already had a support base so you can't attribute their total vote to the Remain cause. Of course he would like you to believe that this is the case because, as he has shown since this thread began, he wants to put his fingers in his ears, stamp his feet and sing Gingangooly every time the majority case as evidenced in the referendum is put forward.

Head in the sand. Cocking a deaf 'un. Turning a blind eye. Whichever way you want to put it.

You think leavers are voting for the Lib Dem’s or Greens? If so then you might be even more deluded than I initially thought.

This was a single issue election. And people decided to vote either for Brexit or not Brexit. Which is why Labour lost its vote to the Lib Dem’s. End of. And explicitly remain parties got more votes than explicitly Brexit ones. That is just a fact. What is read into it is up for people to decide. But it’s certainly no clear pro Brexit vote as has been predicted. 

• Members
30 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

No, polarisation was way before that; hence the 52/48 result in the first place

It’s beencaused by Farage and Bojo’s lies, and harping back to the empire etc on one side and Cameron’s ineptitude and fear on the other

oh and social media, the traditional media and loads of other factors

The inability to leave with a good deal and carry out the 2016 referendum’s result’s wishes appears to be a condition of the situation— although I agree it would be the best solution right now IMHO

I gave you a like there when I meant to quote you. Ah well.

I note there that you fail to mention the disappearance of the original Common Market and the evolution, by small bites, into a federalist project where centralised control over the whole of Europe is the ultimate goal.

This is what many of us are against. One could argue that we fought (and won) against a form of central control between 1939 and 1945.

We'll win again too.

2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Just for clarity, remain parties had a larger share of the vote.

How would you class the Tory party ?

Most on here think they’re a leave party don’t they ?

Are all Labour voters in the remain camp ? Hmmmm, I don’t think so.

Which SINGLE party wiped the floor with the rest and will have the most MEPs ?

Thank you.

1 minute ago, bolty58 said:

I gave you a like there when I meant to quote you. Ah well.

I note there that you fail to mention the disappearance of the original Common Market and the evolution, by small bites, into a federalist project where centralised control over the whole of Europe is the ultimate goal.

This is what many of us are against. One could argue that we fought (and won) against a form of central control between 1939 and 1945.

We'll win again too.

Ey up. Another war analogy! :)