Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Well, he’s only extended the norm by a few days.

I’d prefer he didn’t, really, but he is just taking on others at their own process game.

Nice Machiavellian touch; hope he gets away with it.

I reckon the shithouse will get his comeuppance soon enough.

Karma is a bastard like that and he’s long, long overdue. 

9 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I reckon the shithouse will get his comeuppance soon enough.

Karma is a bastard like that and he’s long, long overdue. 

Amazing how many, especially on here, said he had no chance of shutting up shop, but by Jove, he’s only gone and done it.

18 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Amazing how many, especially on here, said he had no chance of shutting up shop, but by Jove, he’s only gone and done it.

He’s asked. Queen couldn’t say no. I imagine parliament will attempt to rip him a new one when they are back in next week

25 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It does still leave some debating time. Just less of it.

I hope that independent football petition gets off the ground and Boris and his cohorts go after sweaty. Machiavellian indeed.

Boris would love the sort of shithousery Ken has displayed. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Wonderful from Boris, play the shithouses at their own game.  What a wonderful day/night this has been. 

Sovereignty eh. MASSIVELY important - until Parliament might do something you don't like, then it can fuck off. Like all arguments in favour of Brexit, it turns out it was a ghost. 

10 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Sovereignty eh. MASSIVELY important - until Parliament might do something you don't like, then it can fuck off. Like all arguments in favour of Brexit, it turns out it was a ghost. 

The people vote to leave and parliament ignore it, that’s not how democracy works. Let’s have a GE so the people can decide on MPs, that’s democracy. They will pay. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

The people vote to leave and parliament ignore it, that’s not how democracy works. Let’s have a GE so the people can decide on MPs, that’s democracy. They will pay. 

But you're celebrating the PM shutting down Parliament. Is THAT how democracy works? 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

If necessary yes, and it’s necessary. 

A monumentally stupid interpretation of Sovereignty. Let's see how that ideology holds up when it's something you disagree with. 

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Aaaaaaand we're back to being dicks to each other.......

A good point well made. I categorically retire from talking politics here. I stopped posting in this thread a few weeks ago, and I enjoyed wanderersways far more. Good luck everyone. 

12 minutes ago, Cheese said:

A good point well made. I categorically retire from talking politics here. I stopped posting in this thread a few weeks ago, and I enjoyed wanderersways far more. Good luck everyone. 

You’ll be back tomorrow after you’ve wiped your tears away :D

Enjoy your short lived retirement Frank.

6 hours ago, Cheese said:

You are like chalk and cheese

7 hours ago, Cheese said:

Give it a few days, possibly a week and it will be back spewing its usual bullshit 😂😂

Out of curiosity, and I genuinelly do not know the answer, but due to the exceptional circumstances we find ourselves in, has a single MP, from any party, suggested the suspension of the conference season in order to sort Brexit out.

And if not, wouldn't that be a better place to start rather than flapping (on both sides) about 4 less days.

36 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Out of curiosity, and I genuinelly do not know the answer, but due to the exceptional circumstances we find ourselves in, has a single MP, from any party, suggested the suspension of the conference season in order to sort Brexit out.

And if not, wouldn't that be a better place to start rather than flapping (on both sides) about 4 less days.

It was touted by several MPs but was never really an option. They did consider still having conferences and keeping parliament open but again this was not deemed feasible.