Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

Economic alliance / all Ireland regs for certain stuff that needs border checks between the ROI and Ni , produce and live stock removing the need for them,  checks away from the border for stuff that doesn’t. 

Basically the sea border for produce from and to the Island between rest of uk. 

Dismissed initially by the DUP and most Tories as differentiates NI from the rest of the Uk, but same week announced plans for a land bridge project between Scotland and NI

wonder is that a trade off, look, even though you’re linked with Ireland, here’s a bridge to link you to us too...

be interesting if after all this, one of the first ideas mooted to remove the need for a border and rejected in no un certain terms , actually was the solution...

Edited by fatolive
Added words so it made some sense

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Whoooosh.......

Anyway, the NHS called out Lineker for being scaremongering big eared prick re medical supplies being scarce.....

Plus this is from earlier.....puts it all into perspective 

I was going to respond to Ani, over his link, however this does the trick.

It's a more recent excercise than I first realised, but Yellowhammer seems like a perfectly reasonable excercise. An important risk analysis. Subsequent actions being taken to mitigate issues. That's what do deal preparation involves surely?

Folk splitting hairs and arguing over terminology is up to them.

If it identifies itself as not a worse case scenario, then it's important to supercede whatever level of preparation it's based upon.

When port man comes on, and explains it relatively simple terms it doesn't seem at all that bad. Ok some of the industry terminology I didn't understand, but the thrust was simple.

We're not having the shortages as described elsewhere.

Fuck you thornberry.

• Members

There is no doubt that the hysteria on display is a cynical attempt by remainers to frighten folk.

We always knew it would become more shrill and piercing as the day neared.

Nothing unexpected - prepare for yet more outlandish and improbable claims for the next few weeks.

9 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I was going to respond to Ani, over his link, however this does the trick.

It's a more recent excercise than I first realised, but Yellowhammer seems like a perfectly reasonable excercise. An important risk analysis. Subsequent actions being taken to mitigate issues. That's what do deal preparation involves surely?

Folk splitting hairs and arguing over terminology is up to them.

If it identifies itself as not a worse case scenario, then it's important to supercede whatever level of preparation it's based upon.

When port man comes on, and explains it relatively simple terms it doesn't seem at all that bad. Ok some of the industry terminology I didn't understand, but the thrust was simple.

We're not having the shortages as described elsewhere.

Fuck you thornberry.

The critical thing now is to update on what is happening in each of these areas to mitigate the risk. 

Also what is the section that has been blanked out and why. 

• Members
38 minutes ago, Ani said:

The critical thing now is to update on what is happening in each of these areas to mitigate the risk. 

Also what is the section that has been blanked out and why. 

It was detailing negotiating difficulties related to Herr Junckers 'sciatica'. They wanted to save him further embarrassment.

• Site Supporter

I’ve changed my mind

We will leave on 31st October.

Theres simply too much actual preparation going on this time. Previous dates have seen very little in terms of tangible effort by the government, but this time round actual ‘things’ are happening. And I’m not just talking about signs for truckers on the motorway.

We’re fucking getting out, come what may.

9 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’ve changed my mind

We will leave on 31st October.

Theres simply too much actual preparation going on this time. Previous dates have seen very little in terms of tangible effort by the government, but this time round actual ‘things’ are happening. And I’m not just talking about signs for truckers on the motorway.

We’re fucking getting out, come what may.

Good

I hope so, but fear not

15 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Just been listening to Rory Stewart on LBC, I wish he was standing in my constituency as I would vote for him. Talked a lot of sense, he wants Brexit just not no deal - I hope we get that as compromise is the only way we can unite and move on as a country now.

If he doesn’t want a No Deal; why did he vote for it?

Interviewers never ask

55 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Fair enough. It won't ever satisfy some though. 

Some. But maybe not as many as you might reckon  

I think a lot of people like me who voted Remain might still question how we got in this mess but realise than the only way forward is to get out. 

Hopefully more Brexiteers can see this and realise wanting the best deal possible and opposing no deal is different to wanting to stay in. 

From there people and the country can move forward. 

• Members
6 minutes ago, Ani said:

I think a lot of people like me who voted Remain might still question how we got in this mess but realise than the only way forward is to get out. 

Hopefully more Brexiteers can see this and realise wanting the best deal possible and opposing no deal is different to wanting to stay in. 

You're a bright lad. Surely you can see how important a negotiating tool having No Deal is?

This is what pisses most of us off about the undemocratic 400 and odd tools in Parliament. They want him to negotiate from a position of absolute weakness. The sure and certain route to a bad deal.

Ultimate aim of said shithouses - to keep us in or as close to in as possible.

35 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Good

I hope so, but fear not

I'm with you, I'd hope we will leave then, but I think it'll be kicked down the road until January 2020

This perpetual state of limbo we find ourselves in has to stop, because at some point our economy will start to go backwards and that might be difficult to stop once it starts. Let's just either get out or revoke A50, do one or the other and do it soon, so we can move on

8 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

It'll be interesting to see how many keep their seats when we do eventually have a GE. Sadly, I suspect a lot of them will.

I must admit, for the first time ever, I'll not be voting for the party that I always have done before, hopefully I'm not the only person who will take a proper look and make an informed decision, instead of just blindly ticking the same box they tick every time

10 minutes ago, Ani said:

Unfortunately too much division exists now and this government is very right wing. Scotland independence will only be a matter of time. The solution to the Irish border will also be critical so that there is no return to the troubles. I'm not confident there is time to get it right. 

10 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

You're a bright lad. Surely you can see how important a negotiating tool having No Deal is?

This is what pisses most of us off about the undemocratic 400 and odd tools in Parliament. They want him to negotiate from a position of absolute weakness. The sure and certain route to a bad deal.

I get the negotiation point to some degree. But there are some within the Conservative party (maybe Labour too) who stand to make millions out of no deal and that is what sickens me. 

I have people on Facebook praising JRM as the voice of the people and saving the working man. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Ani said:

I get the negotiation point to some degree. But there are some within the Conservative party (maybe Labour too) who stand to make millions out of no deal and that is what sickens me. 

I have people on Facebook praising JRM as the voice of the people and saving the working man. 

Also, the hit to us will be considerably worse than the hit to the EU. If you beleive there is a hit of course as some Brexiters don't believe there will be much to worry about, in which case a no deal threat to the EU is none existent anyway. Can't have it both ways.

3 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Also, the hit to us will be considerably worse than the hit to the EU. If you beleive there is a hit of course as some Brexiters don't believe there will be much to worry about, in which case a no deal threat to the EU is none existent anyway. Can't have it both ways.

I suppose the analogy that could be used, regarding using the threat of "No Deal" as a bargaining chip, is something similar to..."Listen EU, we've got a gun here, and we're holding it to our head, if you don't give us what we want, then we're going to blow our brains out, and you might get a bit splattered"

I stole that off James O'Brien 😏

19 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I suppose the analogy that could be used, regarding using the threat of "No Deal" as a bargaining chip, is something similar to..."Listen EU, we've got a gun here, and we're holding it to our head, if you don't give us what we want, then we're going to blow our brains out, and you might get a bit splattered"

I stole that off James O'Brien 😏

Not going too well for the EU, now I do not want a Europe tanking, but if it delivers a sensible Brexit then needs must.

Neil Wilson, chief market analyst at Markets.com, says investors may be betting on the European Central Bank [ECB] having "run out of ammo" - that is, it is now not in a position to provide further significant market stimulus after announcing a rate cut and a further round of quantitative easing (QE) on Thursday.

"We sense a bit of disappointment after the ECB despite the QE ad infinitum – [ECB president Mario] Draghi delivered in many ways but it's just increasingly clear the ECB is out of ammunition.

"For me Draghi delivered all he could with a last blitz of stimulus in a kind of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid type finale."

Edited by Mounts Kipper