Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

7 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Let me educate you fanny5. I worked with TC a few years ago not directly but let’s say hypothetically I worked for a supplier of their most important commodity. Said company I worked for was on the verge of Cutting supply of this commodity. A deal was struck and TC were continued to be supplied with this product. But there were strict conditions. Since that day there have been 6 of 7 instances where tc nearly had the commodity removed due to failings to adhere to the conditions of supply. 4 of these meetings happened, wait for it, pre referendum. 

‘The company was on borrowed time. Weak pound has contributed. Would the pound have weakened without brexit? Possibly possibly not. Has brexit possibly contributed to the demise? Yeah I would say so. Here is the sting in the tale. Sit down.

But has brexit been allowed to happen? No. Why? You tell me? Was tc business plan for the last 3 years based on an orderly exit from the eu? it was. Has the upheaval caused by brexit not being allowed to happen contributed to the demise of TC? Absolutely it has  

end of lesson.  

I love how TC cited Brexit as a reason.

So easy to spot, they were hoping the Government would bail them out once they mentioned the dreaded B word.

I can imagine the discussions with Downing St

TC rep - we’re going under thanks to Brexit, any chance of a bailout ?

No.10 - haha, best laugh we’ve had since hearing Angela Rayner became Shadow Secretary of State for Education.Now run along and look at how you ran your business

TC fool - we’ll pay the Guardian then, their readers will fall for any old guff.

Just now, mickbrown said:

Brilliant. The global financial crisis was all Labours fault, fact with a cherry on top.

Companies going bust and telling us that Brexit is a factor are obviously just bullshitting.

Read the article Michael and pay particular attention to the losses incurred many years before.

As you were.

The lunatics are running the asylum, when you have Blackford, Lucas, and the leader of Plaid Cymru, leaders of small time parties, backed by soubry in front of the Supreme Court larging it up as though they’ve a mandate when in truth they represent a minority view within the country, then you know were fucked. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

22 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The lunatics are running the asylum, when you have Blackford, Lucas, and the leader of Plaid Cymru, leaders of small time parties, backed by soubry in front of the Supreme Court larging it up as though they’ve a mandate when in truth they represent a minority view within the country, then you know were fucked. 

The fact is Johnson broke the law, what part of that don't you understand? 

3 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

The fact is Johnson broke the law, what part of that don't you understand? 

I don’t agree that he broke the law, there is no doubt the Supreme Court decision was politically motivated. We need an election so the people can speak. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Politically motivated decision. The people need to speak, election needed ASAP. 

These are highly experienced judges who will have ruled on countless cases and got to their positions by being able to take out their personal feelings and look solely at the facts and how they relate to the law.

And are now the second set of judges to come to this conclusion

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I don’t agree that he broke the law, there is no doubt the Supreme Court decision was politically motivated. We need an election so the people can speak. 

That reads suspiciously like 'something has happened which doesn't meet my world-view, therefore it must be a conspiracy'.

However, I agree that we need an election. Out of interest, how do you think it would go? Personally, I couldn't see anything other than a hung parliament... and we're back to square one.

3 minutes ago, TM Trotter said:

That reads suspiciously like 'something has happened which doesn't meet my world-view, therefore it must be a conspiracy'.

However, I agree that we need an election. Out of interest, how do you think it would go? Personally, I couldn't see anything other than a hung parliament... and we're back to square one.

Don’t know how it would go, but it needs to happen so that the people’s opinion is heard, whether MPs will act on it is another matter it seems. 

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Don’t know how it would go, but it needs to happen so that the people’s opinion is heard, whether MPs will act on it is another matter it seems. 

You might say it is a bit difficult for MPs to act on anything when we're in an age where the Prime Minister is happy to illegally silence parliamentary debate to achieve his own political ambition?