Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

i think the issue with labour and the tories is neither 'side' is in agreement

they need to take a firm position one way or the other

as it stands, id be putting a bit on my money on the lib dems getting a decent share of the seats

There were pundits predicting that for the last one

• Site Supporter

if it drags on long enough, the next general election could well be a referendum on staying/leaving the EU

We are out early 2019. Whatever deal is done that might "transition" beyond that is another matter.

I wouldn't be surprised however if ultimately the EU was to reform hugely so that we and other increasingly sceptic could get back in, at a later date.

No Balls has officially moved beyond the borders of Bolton so shouldn’t be allowed back anyway. She can be spotted at Booths most evenings buying lavender dog shampoo and sushi.

Maggie is in the hands of ISIS but they’ll send him back eventually when they lose the argument he’ll have started.

She's not officially passed the keys to the pitchforks yet, still time to get the NVGs out now the nights have drawn in ;)

• Members

You spend a lot of time posting about civil disobedience at the football in the 70's for someone concerned about law and order.

Of course. The recollections of a teenager recounted on a football site. Who'd o' thowt?

Irrelevant to this conversation so I will file under 's'.

I'm afraid if the will of the people is to leave then leave they will, whether it's 1,5,10 or 20 years hence.

You and I might think that....I bet the Spanish government thinks differently.........I guess they'll use there argument of an "illegal" referendum and only a 42% turnout doesn't count. It's for them to sort out anyway, and it could turn into a civil war, it really could. If I was in Spanish government, I'd just send the army in and smash some skulls and get them back in line, then offer them a legitimate referendum, that requires at least a 50.1% turnout of those entitled to vote

If they were allowed to leave, then they would be outside of the EU I would have thought, you can't just invent a country overnight and expect to be allowed into the EU.

Edited by Sweep

[quote name="Sweep" post="1744133" timestamp="1509124950

you can't just invent a country overnight and expect to be allowed into the EU.

Sturgeon might think otherwise!

I see the UK government have come out and said they won't be recognising them as an independent country - interesting to see that May and her cronies are happy to ignore "the will of the people" in this instance

Edited by Sweep

I see the UK government have come out and said they won't be recognising them as an independent country - interesting to see that May and her cronies are happy to ignore "the will of the people" in this instance

That might set a precedent for the EU vote, wouldn't that put the cat amongst the pigeons.

It was an illegal vote and although the outcome was a massive majority for out the Remain in Spain folk had boycotted it. 

Someone should check on Espanyolways and see who holds all the cards

If you think about it that is a really strange concept.

Not really. We've had a vote on here about the supporters trust being a waste of time.

Holds no weight though as we don't have the right to hold a vote to dissolve the trust.

If Scotland had an unofficial referendum tomorrow and they voted out I'd expect Westminster to disregard the result.

Not really. We've had a vote on here about the supporters trust being a waste of time.

Holds no weight though as we don't have the right to hold a vote to dissolve the trust.

If Scotland had an unofficial referendum tomorrow and they voted out I'd expect Westminster to disregard the result.

Aye and the folk opposed to them leaving boycotted the vote so the result is not representative either.