Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

5 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Utter fucking bollocks

its a shiftest because of the starting pojnt

I wondered if you’d go down this route....it was always going to be like this

Thats credibility lost for me Mounts

I’m not sure what starting point your talking about, is it  giving people the right to choose whether to stay or leave?  Or the starting point of allowing the EU to dictate the withdrawal agreement, if it’s the second I agree if it’s the first I disagree. 

The problem faced have been caused by a flawed negotiation process and allowing the EU to dictate and a remain voting PM who fought a dire election campaign therefore weakening her position. 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

What I meant is that she didn’t create it

Someone had to take up the mantle and deal with the mess FFS 

I know, but I have no sympathy for her whatsoever. She's fucking useless in every way. 

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

The problem faced is leaving the EU.

Not a flawed negotiation process

Not a PM who was quietly pro remain.

Not remainers in government 

Not Brexiteers in government.

Leaving the EU.

That’s it, my ideologically intransigent friend.

Truth

facts

what relief

• Site Supporter

The problem is a lack of decent tits and some awful haircuts.

i can’t help but think that this would all be ok if our negotiators were the Dallas Cowboys cheerleading squad.

they know as much about Brexit as everyone else, but could at least brighten proceedings up.

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Assuming saint Theresa doesn’t get this sham of a deal through, there are 3 possibilities 

WTO

2nd referendum 

General Election

only WTO offers an authentic Brexit

Trouble is, there seems to be an insistence that no deal will not be allowed by parliament.

Not sure if there's provision within parliamentary rules to do this or not- what's your understanding of it?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, kent_white said:

I've always fancied shagging a really bendy woman.

I always remember being transfixed by such a lady at the students' union night club whilst at uni.

I still cannot figure out, even to this day how she moved in such a way.

As a medical person, is it possible to have double jointed everything?

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I always remember being transfixed by such a lady at the students' union night club whilst at uni.

I still cannot figure out, even to this day how she moved in such a way.

As a medical person, is it possible to have double jointed everything?

Maybe she had CJD? :)

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Cheese said:

I know, but I have no sympathy for her whatsoever. She's fucking useless in every way. 

According to many inside politics, she is anything but useless. In fact she is (or maybe, was) held in high regard by the vast majority of her peers and those in the civil service. However, a PM she is not, that requires a different beast all together.  No amount of Abba dancing will be able to change that.

1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

With salutes like that they'd fit right in on one of Miami's marches. 

Very droll.

Could say the same about your shit dreads when you were trying to fit into the Notting Hill Carnival :D

Rearrange these words........tit, a , looked, right, 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

According to many inside politics, she is anything but useless. In fact she is (or maybe, was) held in high regard by the vast majority of her peers and those in the civil service. However, a PM she is not, that requires a different beast all together.  No amount of Abba dancing will be able to change that.

Irrelevant. She has been PM for over 2 years now, and has fucked up at every single obstacle - sometimes even creating her own obstacles, and still managing to fuck it up. The only good thing anyone has to say about her is that she carries on regardless.

Edited by Cheese

5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Remainers wont vote for Corbyn unless he gives them the opportunity for a second referendum, cannot see him offering that as he is anti-EU, If he wont give the chance of a second referendum I think that would tear the Labour party apart. Any new Tory leader would most likely be a leaver, that leaves Liberals as the protest vote and many Labour voters who want to remain will possibly defect, that conveniently could give the Tory party a bigger majority as I cannot see the leave voters deserting a Leader who is pro Brexit. The EU might want to consider that possibility before refusing to tweak whats on the table.            

I think your overplaying the impact of BREXIT on a GE. Whilst you’re passionate about it I think the majority of folk are bored shitless now, most folk don’t understand it as it’s a very complex beast 

BREXIT wasn’t front and centre of the last GE in 2017, Corbyn avoided it at all costs. He managed to become the populist vote that BREXIT had been a year before and he will go down that road again next time. Anti establishment this, media against us that etc. False promises all over the shop, money going out left right and centre and only 0.1% of the population will pay for it blah, blah, blah 

The populist vote was bored of BREXIT 2 years ago, things have moved on. A GE next month would be similar to the one in 2017 and likely end up with another hung Parliament. Then what do we do? Renegotiate a deal with the EU that delivers BREXIT but doesn’t drop us of a ‘No Deal’ cliff edge? We could waste two more years and we would still be in a similar position as we are now with the deal on the table 

Anyone who thinks Labour led by Corbyn would deliver a better back stop arrangement than this is deluded. 

Take the deal, move on, start looking forward. We can’t stay in limbo forever!! 

Edited by birch-chorley

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Irrelevant. She has been PM for over 2 years now, and has fucked up at every single obstacle - sometimes even creating her own obstacles, and still managing to fuck it up. The only good thing anyone has to say about her is that she carries on regardless.

The very fact she has got so far is either blind luck or she has a bit more nous than you are willing to give her credit for.

Christ there is a lot worse, which gives little comfort I agree.

3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m not sure what starting point your talking about, is it  giving people the right to choose whether to stay or leave?  Or the starting point of allowing the EU to dictate the withdrawal agreement, if it’s the second I agree if it’s the first I disagree. 

The problem faced have been caused by a flawed negotiation process and allowing the EU to dictate and a remain voting PM who fought a dire election campaign therefore weakening her position. 

Mounts, her disasterous election campaign may have been a blessing because if she had a strong hand she would have been able to bulldoze a ‘no Brexit’ deal through Parliament without arse licking the DUP, Labour MP’s, the great unwashed etc

• Moderators

Radio today

Ireland recruiting additional customs offices

NL recruiting customs officers in a big, big way

And a poll in pole land shows over 80 percent in favour of staying in the eu

The major grocers looking to buy up warehouse space to store food

Is any of this untrue

I'm interested cos if it is,i it's a different picture than a few on here keep painting