Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

May goes before. Corbyn after. Hopefully. In best case scenario.

I like Starmer. On the Tory side...Raab? Seems most credible option there. No doubt Gove will stick his hat in. And Boris. 

Getting rid of TM is easy, getting rid of Corbyn? No chance, Momentum and the paid up members will stick with JC

The Labour Party is on course for a meltdown before the next election, whenever it is 

The ‘middle’ ground Blairites will have to leave and join the other shower of shit the Tigs

Can only see a Tory victory

9 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Getting rid of TM is easy, getting rid of Corbyn? No chance, Momentum and the paid up members will stick with JC

The Labour Party is on course for a meltdown before the next election, whenever it is 

The ‘middle’ ground Blairites will have to leave and join the other shower of shit the Tigs

Can only see a Tory victory

Agree on last part. But membership are slowly getting fed up with Corbyn. When he loses the next GE I think he will walk. And then hopefully common sense will prevail.

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Have we reached the end at last.

the real “this is it” moment?

well, apart from June 2016

She could call a meaningful vote 3 for tomorrow and say ‘vote for it or I revoke A50’. If she did that she’d win my respect back.

5 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

She could call a meaningful vote 3 for tomorrow and say ‘vote for it or I revoke A50’. If she did that she’d win my respect back.

And a blow job?

Just now, boltondiver said:

Have we reached the end at last.

the real “this is it” moment?

well, apart from June 2016

Not quite, if it is rejected then there will be an extension to A50 requested because either way Parliament will not want a No Deal as that will be defeated tomorrow. Parliament will take control after that and it is anyone's guess what will happen thereafter. It feels more like a GE and i am not so sure a tory majority is a given. Say they do win a majority but the tory party will remain split so unless they purge the party of all remainers (which will push voters towards TIG) then we will be stuck in the same position with a parliament that will not vote for No Deal and so round and round we go. 

5 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Not quite, if it is rejected then there will be an extension to A50 requested because either way Parliament will not want a No Deal as that will be defeated tomorrow. Parliament will take control after that and it is anyone's guess what will happen thereafter. It feels more like a GE and i am not so sure a tory majority is a given. Say they do win a majority but the tory party will remain split so unless they purge the party of all remainers (which will push voters towards TIG) then we will be stuck in the same position with a parliament that will not vote for No Deal and so round and round we go. 

A general election does not fix the fact that the Tories who would win (or at least be the largest party) are fundamentally split down the middle. Can May even fight an election? Big question there given she promised she would not fight the next one.

3 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

The Tigs who are mainly in leave constituencies will be challenged by UKIP candidates, don’t think Soubry, Allen, Greive will be around after a GE

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

A general election does not fix the fact that the Tories who would win (or at least be the largest party) are fundamentally split down the middle. Can May even fight an election? Big question there given she promised she would not fight the next one.

As you say May promised to stand down as a condition of the 1st meaningful vote so she is in the final death throes as we speak. The whole situation is a constitutional nightmare, god only knows how we come out of this debacle. The rest of the world must be pissing themselves with laughter at us. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

The Tigs who are mainly in leave constituencies will be challenged by UKIP candidates, don’t think Soubry, Allen, Greive will be around after a GE

Suggestions that grieve will be deselected anyhow, to help preserve a Tory seat. Suppose this would apply to any in leave areas.

I quite agree that they're on rocky ground, but perhaps they're not arsed. Rather fuck things up then fuck off.

41 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

As you say May promised to stand down as a condition of the 1st meaningful vote so she is in the final death throes as we speak. The whole situation is a constitutional nightmare, god only knows how we come out of this debacle. The rest of the world must be pissing themselves with laughter at us. 

No, they aren't

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

11 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

No, they aren't

3 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Oh, they are.

I don't think they are either. They all knew from the outset that it wasn't ever a case of pulling out the plug and; no longer in EU.

We are being monitored by a host of other EU countries hoping to hell it eventually works for us in order to strengthen their own hands.

Listening to radio 5 just before. Saying that an extension will only be granted by the EU if there is a clear outline of what the extension period will achieve and if there is benefit to them. 

‘So we want to kick the can down the road with no idea then they are well within  their rights to decline and say no away you go no deal it is boys and girls. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Listening to radio 5 just before. Saying that an extension will only be granted by the EU if there is a clear outline of what the extension period will achieve and if there is benefit to them. 

‘So we want to kick the can down the road with no idea then they are well within  their rights to decline and say no away you go no deal it is boys and girls. 

That was very much the thrust of the DUP comments earlier. Particularly with the elections coming up.

JRM in his latest interview also remained fairly confident of a no deal. Not sure I entirely agree, but we'll have to wait and see now.

50 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Yon barriner fella just tweeted leaving without a deal preparations are well underway.