Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Ok

so, if the EU say “non” to an extension, which is possible, after we have fucked the no deal option, then Theresa’s deal might be back on the table as we stare at the abyss.

I think I’m with you on that.

I can’t imagine Article 50 being revoked by 2 week on Friday, mins.

No deal is currently an automatic on 29th March unless either a deal is agreed or an extension or we revoke A50.

Three options to avoid no deal on 29th March. The vote tonight will not change that. It will lead the way for the government to ask for an extension. But the reason May doesn't want the Spellman/Dromey amendment is because the implication of it is that the house would be instructing her to revoke IF she cannot secure a deal or an extension.

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Ok

so, if the EU say “non” to an extension, which is possible, after we have fucked the no deal option, then Theresa’s deal might be back on the table as we stare at the abyss.

I think I’m with you on that.

I can’t imagine Article 50 being revoked by 2 week on Friday, mins.

It will be interesting to see what amendments Bercow allows today as that could shape what we end up. I can see us ending up with May's deal as the Brexiteers see there only chance to leave slipping away

Plan so far..... 

a) ask for needless referendum which has the capacity to make us all much worse off

b) win the referendum

c) fanny about for a couple of years but then vote against the very thing you said you wanted in the first place

d) blame the people who thought it was a shit idea to begin with

Rule Britannia 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

a) is speculation, your honour

:)

I'm under the impression you get all your news directly from brexitcentral.com, and dismiss everything else as "fear-mongering MSM fake news".

17 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I'm under the impression you get all your news directly from brexitcentral.com, and dismiss everything else as "fear-mongering MSM fake news".

Obviously 

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

a) is speculation, your honour

:)

Absolutely. Economic forecasts suggested a slight 'drop' after 'a deal' leaving. One which the chancellor admitted surprised him.

An outcome that was predicted by those wanting to leave, prior to growth and opportunity later.

Farrelli, all those experts you refer to blew their credibility, immediately after the vote. That notwithstanding, despite doom and gloom prophecies, for whatever reason folk chose to ignore it.

And therein is the point.

You don't have to agree with brexit, but to dis those of such opinion without evidence or justification, merely helps to explain why the referendum result was achieved.

It's all old hat, folk have had enough and took an opportunity to express their wish for change.

The refusal to accept it, and get on with life accordingly, by a section of people is causing far more pain, than any predicted, brief 'drop' post brexit.

The chancellor's statement, a little while ago reflects that.

Keir Starmer engaging in a calm, clear and rational debate. I do think he is exactly the sort of person we need in politics and conducts himself in a superbly calm way. 

Lot of respect for him working with the rest of the morons on his frontbench. 

27 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Farrelli, all those experts you refer to blew their credibility, immediately after the vote. That notwithstanding, despite doom and gloom prophecies, for whatever reason folk chose to ignore it.

And therein is the point.

You don't have to agree with brexit, but to dis those of such opinion without evidence or justification, merely helps to explain why the referendum result was achieved.

I never dissed anyones opinion. I respect  that BD has his view.

I take real life accounts as my major guide. My own situation and those of several friends will be harmed by brexit.  Equally, I'm well aware that businesses are using brexit as a convenient excuse for not investing or making cuts.

l also take an interest in stories like Spider on here. The economic forecasters are more of a general overview, obviously they vary in reliability. 

I think there’s generally decent respect on here.

Happy to share a glass of summat with (almost) anyone when it’s over. Or any time, really.

40 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Keir Starmer engaging in a calm, clear and rational debate. I do think he is exactly the sort of person we need in politics and conducts himself in a superbly calm way. 

Lot of respect for him working with the rest of the morons on his frontbench. 

Sorry, with due respect to the honourable Gentleman

He is just a liar

We want a this, we want a that. He just wants to stay in the EU.

Edited by boltondiver

10 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

He is just a liar

We want a this, we want a that. He just want to stay in the EU.

Everyone trying for a second referendum was on the losing side. In other words they won’t accept the first democratic vote but want to be granted a second vote and because they did not accept the first democratic vote then that’s exactly why they should not be allowed to succeed. 

10 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

He is just a liar

We want a this, we want a that. He just want to stay in the EU.

+1

When Ed Balls lost his seat, there was a position to be filled for the biggest wanker in politics. Kier Starmer filled the roll perfectly. 

13 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I think there’s generally decent respect on here.

Happy to share a glass of summat with (almost) anyone when it’s over. Or any time, really.

Absolutely., lifes too short and I completely concur. Apart from Bolty obviously :D

This is an unprecedented situation but what does it matter at the end of the day.

Last night at the match I saw an old mate and he told me his wife is recovering from cancer.

Now that puts things in perspective.

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Everyone trying for a second referendum was on the losing side. In other words they won’t accept the first democratic vote but want to be granted a second vote and because they did not accept the first democratic vote then that’s exactly why they should not be allowed to succeed. 

MPs had a democratic vote on Mays deal and rejected it, they then had another vote yesterday on the same deal and rejected it again, and now talk of when push comes to shove having a 3rd vote on the same deal, it that ok with you ?

4 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Absolutely., lifes too short and I completely concur. Apart from Bolty obviously :D

This is an unprecedented situation but what does it matter at the end of the day.

Last night at the match I saw an old mate and he told me his wife is recovering from cancer.

Now that puts things in perspective.

Aye

Hope she makes it.