Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

That doesn't answer the question. Why are Steve Baker and his ilk so disgusted by the backstop when they thinks it's a non-issue?

He’s on Peston tonight (don’t know the time), tune in and listen to someone who might, just might, be the next PM

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

He’s on Peston tonight (don’t know the time), tune in and listen to someone who might, just might, be the next PM

Surely you've questioned it and thought it through yourself though? If not, why would you support his position? 

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, fatolive said:

love to know how it will tighten our control over who comes in and how at the same time no one will have any restrictions on it 

Do people really believe it was all about putting shit loads more border control officers at entry points?

A much bigger picture of tightening up on who is entitled to come and more effective removal of anyone who doesn't qualify.

Get this better, and the word will spread eventually, and reduce the numbers looking to get here.

17 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Surely you've questioned it and thought it through yourself though? If not, why would you support his position? 

I’m working

Edited by boltondiver

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Do people really believe it was all about putting shit loads more border control officers at entry points?

A much bigger picture of tightening up on who is entitled to come and more effective removal of anyone who doesn't qualify.

Get this better, and the word will spread eventually, and reduce the numbers looking to get here.

You're simultaneously arguing that we don't need tighter border controls, whilst saying we should have tighter border controls. How can you not understand the contradiction? It's mind boggling.

There are EU regulations we can implement to kick out piss-takers. We just choose not to. 

9 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Well if you get a few minutes after you've clocked off, maybe you can explain it. Peston might not bring it up. 

Clocked off!

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No, I don’t think it would be about that, in fact I know it can’t be.thats the point 

the question is how do you control who comes when the next street is in the EU and everyone is still allowed to come there as per EU rules. 

5 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Ok - humor me, what are these fresh ideas? Its a little rich coming from a 'party' that doesn't even have a manifesto yet.

What's their stance on Healthcare? Education? Housing?

What's their financial plans for the term five years?

What are these fresh ideas?

Perhaps you’re right, perhaps there are no fresh ideas, perhaps the situation the U.K. is in now is as good as it gets, perhaps nobody has the answers how to improve Healthcare, Education, Housing, perhaps there is no answer 

Perhaps the 5th largest economy in the World can’t plan financially for what lies ahead in the next 5years, perhaps the Remainers are right, on the day we pay tribute to the Alied Forces who rescued us against the odds, perhaps Great Britain is a spent force.

Perhaps we should know our place now and accept whatever the EU see fit to grant us.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Perhaps you’re right, perhaps there are no fresh ideas, perhaps the situation the U.K. is in now is as good as it gets, perhaps nobody has the answers how to improve Healthcare, Education, Housing, perhaps there is no answer 

Perhaps the 5th largest economy in the World can’t plan financially for what lies ahead in the next 5years, perhaps the Remainers are right, on the day we pay tribute to the Alied Forces who rescued us against the odds, perhaps Great Britain is a spent force.

Perhaps we should know our place now and accept whatever the EU see fit to grant us.

We are the EU. The clue is in the word "Union". And we're the 5th largest economy because of that.

Our domestic policies on healthcare, housing, and education literally have nothing to do with the EU. 

8 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

One of those D Day veterans was interviewed today. He felt Brexit was throwing away their struggles to bring peace and unite Europe. I find it a little funny that you latch on to tributes to the allied forces. They seemed to be fighting for something quite different to Brexit....

16 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

One of those D Day veterans was interviewed today. He felt Brexit was throwing away their struggles to bring peace and unite Europe. I find it a little funny that you latch on to tributes to the allied forces. They seemed to be fighting for something quite different to Brexit....

I have the greatest respect for all the D day vets still with us,whether the voted Leave or Remain

Perhaps the ‘impartial’ BBC managed to find a Remain D day veteran to interview, in a Democracy he gets 1 vote just the same as anyone else and his opinion is as valid as anyone else

5 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

I have the greatest respect for all the D day vets still with us,whether the voted Leave or Remain

Perhaps the ‘impartial’ BBC managed to find a Remain D day veteran to interview, in a Democracy he gets 1 vote just the same as anyone else and his opinion is as valid as anyone else

As he’s old and had his life, then his vote is of less value

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

As he’s old and had his life, then his vote is of less value

Are you ready to give your interpretation of Steve Baker`s double-think yet? 

• Site Supporter

Potential Prime Ministers pushing the idea of proroguing Parliament now to push through No Deal. Imagine if Corbyn suggested something like that to force one of his policies through? There'd be absolute uproar, and rightfully so. "Sovereignty" my fucking arse. 

Edited by Cheese

24 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Potential Prime Ministers pushing the idea of proroguing Parliament now to push through No Deal. Imagine if Corbyn suggested something like that to force one of his policies through? There'd be absolute uproar, and rightfully so. "Sovereignty" my fucking arse. 

He’s not a potential PM

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

He’s not a potential PM

Dominic Raab? I think you'll find he's in the running. 

Not to mention Esther McVey saying she'd sack all "remainer" MP's from her cabinet if she got the job. 

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, fatolive said:

No, I don’t think it would be about that, in fact I know it can’t be.thats the point 

the question is how do you control who comes when the next street is in the EU and everyone is still allowed to come there as per EU rules. 

Personally, I don't know, though when people involved say technology exists then I'm happy for it to be explored.

Presumably, some sort of shared system with Irish authorities would allow for an understanding of who is there at a particular time.

As for these people actually popping over the border, I would imagine it wouldn't be an issue if it's just a visit. Folk do it now so why should that need to change?

Being able to settle and work would require personal identification, which is where the control would be applied under any new immigration system.

Obviously, there's a chance of people trying to come in illegally, as happens now. Any non EU citizen currently entering has his details held by Irish authorities and I would envisage information sharing.

EU citizens, will still be allowed to come and work, and it has been made clear that where industries currently utilise this lower paid labour (agriculture) that they still could post brexit. Certainly for a period of time.

So it's unlikely that EU citizens would need to come "illegally"

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Personally, I don't know, though when people involved say technology exists then I'm happy for it to be explored.

And when actual industry experts say it's nonsense and the technology doesn't exist, you just ignore them? 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Presumably, some sort of shared system with Irish authorities would allow for an understanding of who is there at a particular time.

As for these people actually popping over the border, I would imagine it wouldn't be an issue if it's just a visit. Folk do it now so why should that need to change?

Being able to settle and work would require personal identification, which is where the control would be applied under any new immigration system.

Obviously, there's a chance of people trying to come in illegally, as happens now. Any non EU citizen currently entering has his details held by Irish authorities and I would envisage information sharing.

EU citizens, will still be allowed to come and work, and it has been made clear that where industries currently utilise this lower paid labour (agriculture) that they still could post brexit. Certainly for a period of time.

So it's unlikely that EU citizens would need to come "illegally"

Aye, but all that stuff is true now, people said a reason for voting leave was to stop the flow of migrants who were being given eu passports in Germany , it’s on this thread or the original one somewhere. People don’t want Freedom of movement. freedom of movement will be still ok in a place yards apart in some cases, equivalent to walking down Bury rd , past Crompton way into Breightmet and that would then be the UK , ( just to use an area you’d be familiar with ) Folk do it now because both places are in the EU, if It’s not a visit and they planning on getting into The UK illegally, what’s stopping them if no border control ? People voted citing tougher border controls so I genuinely don’t know how they reconcile the two points of view or how any form of control complies with the GFA.

not saying you are wrong or it can’t be sorted, just genuinely asking how people think it’s possible 

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Dominic Raab? I think you'll find he's in the running. 

Not to mention Esther McVey saying she'd sack all "remainer" MP's from her cabinet if she got the job. 

She didn’t say that, though

Just because the Daily Mail says, doesn’t mean it’s accurate!

Edited by boltondiver