Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

One of the SKY pundits was even taking about the call for revocation was growing or at least in a 2nd referendum it would be a straight choice between No Deal and revocation. We are certainly in unprecedented times

Most folk would be happy with a decent deal then move on.!

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Most folk would be happy with a decent deal then move on.!

indeed......but we don't look particularly close to that at the minute, and with those in Parliament trying to take "no deal" off the table, then what incentive have the EU got to change the current tabled deal?

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Sweep said:

indeed......but we don't look particularly close to that at the minute, and with those in Parliament trying to take "no deal" off the table, then what incentive have the EU got to change the current tabled deal?

Absolutely.

Where's quatermass with his pit: we can chuck them all in.

8 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

I would say that Davis, Fox et al underestimated the task and the EU's resolve to protect their members interests, just like you would expect them to do when negotiating with other Trade Blocs on behalf of the UK. It demonstrates how ill prepared we were and now are to leave with No Deal and you wonder if this vision of FTAs coming out of ears in the future has been overestimated too.

I see the OBR has said again that we will move straight into recession if we leave with No Deal, an additional 3% hit to GDP on top of the impact of a FTA. Cue Mounts and his dodgy calculator 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2019/jul/18/no-deal-brexit-uk-recession-obr-fiscal-risks-retail-sales-business-live

Didn’t we love straight into a deep economic recession as predicted after the vote to Leave ?

Did we bollocks.

Change your newspaper pal.

7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Didn’t we love straight into a deep economic recession as predicted after the vote to Leave ?

Did we bollocks.

Change your newspaper pal.

This is different mate and you know it but you are in denial😂. There's only your mate Prof Minford who is saying there will be growth, everybody other respected economist is saying we will be in recession. Share your analysis👍

• Site Supporter

Trouble is, it was the supposedly respectable MPs that predicted disaster, should we vote to leave.

They weren't believed, as was borne out.

It just makes so called experts more difficult to believe, whether they have a genuine point to make.

Moreover, many of these reports are funded by, or written by folk with a personal view in one camp or another.

That horse has bolted.

Public confidence in government, parliament, and associated academia is shot.

12 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

This is different mate and you know it but you are in denial😂. There's only your mate Prof Minford who is saying there will be growth, everybody other respected economist is saying we will be in recession. Share your analysis👍

My analysis?

It’s based on how Britain is faring as we speak, quite simple really.

There’s  only one person in denial here and that’s you due to the copious amount of codswallop that brainwash you...have you ever thought of living in mainland Europe ? May be a good idea for you when we leave.

Mind, I’ll still hear your bleating from here :D

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Trouble is, it was the supposedly respectable MPs that predicted disaster, should we vote to leave.

They weren't believed, as was borne out.

It just makes so called experts more difficult to believe, whether they have a genuine point to make.

Moreover, many of these reports are funded by, or written by folk with a personal view in one camp or another.

That horse has bolted.

Public confidence in government, parliament, and associated academia is shot.

Precisely mate. Money talks and remain bullshit walks.

7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

My analysis?

It’s based on how Britain is faring as we speak, quite simple really.

There’s  only one person in denial here and that’s you due to the copious amount of codswallop that brainwash you...have you ever thought of living in mainland Europe ? May be a good idea for you when we leave.

Mind, I’ll still hear your bleating from here :D

No Mounts is doing that😂. So are you expecting gdp growth if we leave with no deal? 

6 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

It's not brainwashing it's called being pragmatic rather than this utopian view of the world that you and others have and I think the quotes above prove my point. If I take the piss then it's because I find the counter argument unrealistic and try and articulate it in a polite way, as you can see I take plenty back.

Clearly, I wouldn’t expect the brainwashed to acknowledge that they have been brainwashed!

:)

1 minute ago, Salford Trotter said:

No Mounts is doing that😂. So are you expecting gdp growth if we leave with no deal? 

In time, definitely. It will take time but it won’t be a Titanic disaster which you’re praying for.

A key area for me is how desperate the Krauts are to continue trading with us.

Theyre in the shit financially as we know and many of their economic experts are flapping more than you.

The EU officials will soon be pressured by their way of thinking once we leave. Mark my words on that.

Can I ask you a personal question mate ? As you’re a great deal older than myself :D...you obviously experienced life pre EU days didn’t you ? Did you walk round Salford in the “clothes they wore had all seen better days” as in Matchstalk Cats and Dogs, or did you have a decent enough life ?

6 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

It's not brainwashing it's called being pragmatic rather than this utopian view of the world that you and others have and I think the quotes above prove my point. If I take the piss then it's because I find the counter argument unrealistic and try and articulate it in a polite way, as you can see I take plenty back.

No insult mate, but look at the number of times you say I.

It’s purely your blinded opinion who won’t give acknowledgement for the links where all the guff you support has been proven to be dogshit butties. You don’t even read re the new corrupt officials, yes you admitted you didn’t “see the article”....the article which shows how YOUR MONEY pays these corrupt chosen people to dictate to you.

I...I....I...I...l....as McFly sang...”Its all about you” 

3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Anyone from the calls for more police funding for London club care to comment on this without a bigger diversion than Wigan fans to find our end ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-49033856

He should be sacked, and sent to prison. I'm not sure how the actions of one individual officer should decide if the entire Met should or shouldn't receive more funding though.

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

I think Moon Boy said its impossible for us not to leave by then, as its "law"

..... No way we're leaving this side of Easter 2020, with the way the parliamentry sums currently are. Either a GE or a 2nd referendum in March I reckon

At this moment, the U.K. will legally leave the EU on Oct31st, that is the the current position, anybody want to disprove that position?

I didn’t make the law, Article 50 says we leave then, unless the U.K. Government and the EU mutualy agree to move the date

9 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

I would say that Davis, Fox et al underestimated the task and the EU's resolve to protect their members interests, just like you would expect them to do when negotiating with other Trade Blocs on behalf of the UK. It demonstrates how ill prepared we were and now are to leave with No Deal and you wonder if this vision of FTAs coming out of ears in the future has been overestimated too.

I see the OBR has said again that we will move straight into recession if we leave with No Deal, an additional 3% hit to GDP on top of the impact of a FTA. Cue Mounts and his dodgy calculator 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2019/jul/18/no-deal-brexit-uk-recession-obr-fiscal-risks-retail-sales-business-live

Here you go mate....why didn’t you choose this report from the BBC ? This report clearly says, could, could could,..based on assumptions.....not actual facts are they ?

Like I said previously, change your biased newspaper, the Guardian is worse than Brexit Central.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49027889

Just now, Moon boy said:

At this moment, the U.K. will legally leave the EU on Oct31st, that is the the current position, anybody want to disprove that position?

I didn’t make the law, Article 50 says we leave then, unless the U.K. Government and the EU mutualy agree to move the date

So you think it's possible that we won't leave then? You did say earlier in this thread that we'll definitely leave on 31st October.

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

He should be sacked, and sent to prison. I'm not sure how the actions of one individual officer should decide if the entire Met should or shouldn't receive more funding though.

Beggars belief he’s still on “limited duty” with The Met.

The Met do deserve more funding in all honesty, it’s a tough job for Khan, the police, anyone down there basically. I certainly wouldn’t like to do the job.

• Site Supporter
Just now, miamiwhite said:

The Met do deserve more funding in all honesty, it’s a tough job for Khan, the police, anyone down there basically. I certainly wouldn’t like to do the job.

The whole police force needs more funding. The problem is, during the cuts they fucked off all the experienced and therefore more expensive officers to save money.  They and those retiring are partially replaced by wet behind the ears younger cheaper officers trying to do a job with fewer numbers spread over a larger area with more crime.

4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

True, he should have been suspended straight away, I hope he gets banged up for it, and loses his police pension

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Legislation also said we would leave by automatic operation of law on the 29th of March. We didn't.

14 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

The whole police force needs more funding. The problem is, during the cuts they fucked off all the experienced and therefore more expensive officers to save money.  They and those retiring are partially replaced by wet behind the ears younger cheaper officers trying to do a job with fewer numbers spread over a larger area with more crime.

Totally agree.

But, in London, can you recall the Mayor’s manifesto on making London safer ?

I can.

But he chooses to spend money on ballerinas on bikes instead of his number one manifesto aim.

Some folk would obviously fund the extra police wouldn’t they instead of yet another photo opportunity.......not a dig at him, just a proven fact once again and explains why his popularity rating is at an all time low........the polls which produce the ratings ironically are funded by his very City Hall.

Don't worry, Jol will arrive shortly to call me for calling Khan, whilst Jol buries his own head in the sand, forgetting his once great city is going to the dogs thanks to a dick of a mayor purely interested in himself.

• Site Supporter

Boris actually held up a fucking fish and proclaimed it was all the fault of the EU that we had laws to protect us from listeria.  Little did the fuckwit know it is actually UK laws that protect us from listeria. Not that he has a twatting clue about food safety or the fishing industry but no fucker cares because he will deliver a unicorn Brexit.