Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Totally agree.

But, in London, can you recall the Mayor’s manifesto on making London safer ?

I can.

But he chooses to spend money on ballerinas on bikes instead of his number one manifesto aim.

Some folk would obviously fund the extra police wouldn’t they instead of yet another photo opportunity.......not a dig at him, just a proven fact once again and explains why his popularity rating is at an all time low........the polls which produce the ratings ironically are funded by his very City Hall.

Don't worry, Jol will arrive shortly to call me for calling Khan, whilst Jol buries his own head in the sand, forgetting his once great city is going to the dogs thanks to a dick of a mayor purely interested in himself.

To be honest, I know sod all about the London Mayor election promises and probably even less about Khan.

How much clout does he actually have in terms of expenditure and governance?

1 hour ago, Moon boy said:

At this moment, the U.K. will legally leave the EU on Oct31st, that is the the current position, anybody want to disprove that position?

I didn’t make the law, Article 50 says we leave then, unless the U.K. Government and the EU mutualy agree to move the date

Bet you a pint we don’t 

52 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

To be honest, I know sod all about the London Mayor election promises and probably even less about Khan.

How much clout does he actually have in terms of expenditure and governance?

According to Farrelli, he’s just all show :D

Whereas, he’s actually the equivalent of Police and Crime Commissioner and responsible for the totality of policing in London.

Which begs the obvious question...spend money on shit like ballerina bikes or pay for more police, which he’s always bleating about ? He controls the policing budget.

That copper was trying to access 'Driving Miss Daisy' - or he fell asleep and accidentally pressed "yes I do" several times.

Nah, an unprofessional dickhead who will probably lose his job over it...

However I do wonder if it'd been a 'PC Andy Morrison' if it'd have even registered with those expressing outrage in the usual places?

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Whereas, he’s actually the equivalent of Police and Crime Commissioner and responsible for the totality of policing in London.

Which begs the obvious question...spend money on shit like ballerina bikes or pay for more police, which he’s always bleating about ? He controls the policing budget.

He's not spending policing funds on "ballerina bikes" though is he? He can't just divert every other departmental budget into the police as you're suggesting he should. Your default hatred of him is clouding your common sense again. 

Edited by Cheese

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

He's not spending policing funds on "ballerina bikes" though is he? He can't just divert every other departmental budget into the police as you're suggesting he should. Your default hatred of him is clouding your common sense again. 

He spent funds from his own budget on utter shite like that.

Right, you’re Khan now or any mayor of London, and constantly bleating re funding etc whilst crime is soaring under your term, what would you do ?

Spend that money on poncey bikes, more water fountains, endless polls which are a huge own goal, amongst many more things or the actual priority of policing .

Your default hatred of me, common sense and everything other than your opinion is clouding your judgement as always.

2 hours ago, Moon boy said:

At this moment, the U.K. will legally leave the EU on Oct31st, that is the the current position, anybody want to disprove that position?

I didn’t make the law, Article 50 says we leave then, unless the U.K. Government and the EU mutualy agree to move the date

We will leave on that day IF we have a WA ratified by parliament. You can keep repeating the legal stance until the cows come home but it means jack shit if parliament don't back it so in my humble opinion we will still be in the EU on 1st November, Johnson will make up a sob story about parliament undermining his authority and the will of the people. At that point he will either go for a GE banking on a weakened Corbyn Labour Party and hoping he can fight off Farage and a raging BP or it will an extension until the Spring and then an election to see if can muster a majority. Let's see what Johnson is made of in the next few weeks and months

Edited by Salford Trotter

12 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I don’t suppose you listened to this then ?

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/sadiq-khan-has-spent-millions-cultural-festivals/

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

He spent funds from his own budget on utter shite like that.

Right, you’re Khan now or any mayor of London, and constantly bleating re funding etc whilst crime is soaring under your term, what would you do ?

Spend that money on poncey bikes, more water fountains, endless polls which are a huge own goal, amongst many more things or the actual priority of policing .

Your default hatred of me, common sense and everything other than your opinion is clouding your judgement as always.

As I said, he can't just divert funds from other departments into the police budget at will. It doesn't work like that. 

And for the record, I don't hate you in the slightest. I love you. 

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

As I said, he can't just divert funds from other departments into the police budget at will. It doesn't work like that. 

And for the record, I don't hate you in the slightest. I love you. 

Oh dear, you don’t understand just like Farrelli do you ?

Love me ? Would much rather you hate me sir :D

38 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I had told myself not to bother replying to you, as you always drag it into a tedious back and forth, but  you’re misrepresenting the position (well, omitting relevant information).

You haven’t mentioned amongst your facts that 70% of funding for the Met police comes from the Home Office. So whilst Khan has control of certain budgets, he doesn’t control how much funding the Met gets from Government, which accounts for more than two thirds.

Nor have you mentioned that the Government has required the Met to make £850m of savings in the last few years and requires more than £250m more on the next 4 years.  So it’s hardly City Hall’s fault that cuts are being made to police spending.

You also haven’t mentioned that Khan’s budget announced earlier this year has increased the crime and policing funds by £230m.

3 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I had told myself not to bother replying to you, as you always drag it into a tedious back and forth, but  you’re misrepresenting the position (well, omitting relevant information).

You haven’t mentioned amongst your facts that 70% of funding for the Met police comes from the Home Office. So whilst Khan has control of certain budgets, he doesn’t control how much funding the Met gets from Government, which accounts for more than two thirds.

Nor have you mentioned that the Government has required the Met to make £850m of savings in the last few years and requires more than £250m more on the next 4 years.  So it’s hardly City Hall’s fault that cuts are being made to police spending.

You also haven’t mentioned that Khan’s budget announced earlier this year has increased the crime and policing funds by £230m.

Hello Jol.

Khan controls the funds he receives....yes or no ?

Two more questions for you....would you spend money on ballerina ballet when your mainfiesto policy is making London safe ?

Secondly...if we go straight into deep economic recession and your job goes tits up....would you go and live in a place like Tower Hamlets ?

Your hero is pissing money up the wall on shite, that is a fact. He can divert funds as this link clearly shows....

https://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases/mayoral/budget-proposes-additional-234m-for-policing

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Oh dear, you don’t understand just like Farrelli do you ?

Love me ? Would much rather you hate me sir :D

I understand perfectly mate.

Apologies, but I will continue to love you whether you like it or not. 

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

I understand perfectly mate.

Apologies, but I will continue to love you whether you like it or not. 

Thank you, peace with you too brother.

But, as my link above to Jol clearly shows, he can divert funds.

God Bless x

31 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

We will leave on that day IF we have a WA ratified by parliament. You can keep repeating the legal stance until the cows come home but it means jack shit if parliament don't back it so in my humble opinion we will still be in the EU on 1st November, Johnson will make up a sob story about parliament undermining his authority and the will of the people. At that point he will either go for a GE banking on a weakened Corbyn Labour Party and hoping he can fight off Farage and a raging BP or it will an extension until the Spring and then an election to see if can muster a majority. Let's see what Johnson is made of in the next few weeks and months

Parliament don’t need to back it, though.

It will happen unless there’s an agreement or an extension.

We can only have an extension if the PM requests one.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Thank you, peace with you too brother.

But, as my link above to Jol clearly shows, he can divert funds.

God Bless x

Have you actually read the link and understood where the additional investment is coming from? 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Course I did. Did you ?

Yes. The Governent have changed the way Business Rates can be used, and Khan is increasing Council Tax rates because the Government won't back up it's promises of additional funding. He's not robbing other departments in order to divert their funds into Policing.

You should really be applauding Khan for these actions. 

20 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Hello Jol.

Khan controls the funds he receives....yes or no ?

Two more questions for you....would you spend money on ballerina ballet when your mainfiesto policy is making London safe ?

Secondly...if we go straight into deep economic recession and your job goes tits up....would you go and live in a place like Tower Hamlets ?

Your hero is pissing money up the wall on shite, that is a fact. He can divert funds as this link clearly shows....

https://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases/mayoral/budget-proposes-additional-234m-for-policing

Yes, he controls funds he receives. Which is why he has increased spending on crime / policing by such a huge amount. He has diverted funds there.

However, what your link also clearly shows is that he has to spend money on other things such as transport, housing, cutting pollution etc. It’s a balancing act and whilst he has prioritised budget increases on crime, he cannot spend all of his budget on that.

Would I spend money on bikes? Yes. 

Would I live in Tower Hamlets? Not if I can help it. No idea what that has to do with anything though - every city in the country has nice parts and worse parts. Would someone from Didsbury want to live in Wythenshawe? 

A question for you. If your priority was to have a bigger house would you take out a bigger mortgage and spend more of your money on that? Would you also sell your car/van, give up BWFC matches, stop drinking any alcohol, cut down to one meal a day, give up your broadband internet, stop buying shampoo / shower gel, cancel the Sky TV package and stop going to the tanning salon? You can still divert extra money to the mortgage whilst also spending money on other things.

8 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Yes. The Governent have changed the way Business Rates can be used, and Khan is increasing Council Tax rates because the Government won't back up it's promises of additional funding. He's not robbing other departments in order to divert their funds into Policing.

You should really be applauding Khan for these actions. 

I see what you say and to be fair, he is diverting money into policing........and so he should, that’s his main priority isn’t it ?

My priority would be fuck the bike ballet, water fountains etc, get it spent on more old bill....

Will he be remembered for fountains, bikes or crime rate ? Sadly, we know the answer to that already.........at the rate it’s going there, there’ll be no one left to drink from the fountains or ride the bike, so to speak.

All part and parcel eh :D

5 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Yes, he controls funds he receives. Which is why he has increased spending on crime / policing by such a huge amount. He has diverted funds there.

However, what your link also clearly shows is that he has to spend money on other things such as transport, housing, cutting pollution etc. It’s a balancing act and whilst he has prioritised budget increases on crime, he cannot spend all of his budget on that.

Would I live in Tower Hamlets? Not if I can help it. No idea what that has to do with anything though - every city in the country has nice parts and worse parts. Would someone from Didsbury want to live in Wythenshawe? 

A question for you. If your priority was to have a bigger house would you take out a bigger mortgage and spend more of your money on that? Would you also sell your car/van, give up BWFC matches, stop drinking any alcohol, cut down to one meal a day, give up your broadband internet, stop buying shampoo / shower gel, cancel the Sky TV package and stop going to the tanning salon? You can still divert extra money to the mortgage whilst also spending money on other things.

Let’s cut to the chase here....why wouldn’t you live in Tower Hamlets ?

6 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I’ll leave this with you...don’t have nightmares, stay safe down there x

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6471094/sadiq-khan-london-violence-police-cuts/

7 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

For the record, your analogy is utter shit.

It’s not his personal money, it is the taxpayers, yes, the like of you and I.......his priority is making London safe....yes or no ?

Please don’t try to twist it into real life situations. He makes his choices, his priority isn’t going well. Divert more is the clear answer to normal people.

No doubt you’ll come back like Tolstoy.

And the above is why I don’t bother with you. A splurge of garbage responses back-to-back, deflection and refusing to answer the only question I ask (whilst demanding I answer yours - which I did).

Get back to love making on the sunbed.