Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

29 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Not defending him, my jury is still out, but many think he did a decent job in London, so much so he was re-elected.

as ever, it’s easy to criticise 

I think his performance in London was mixed to be honest but that is based on media reports over recent weeks rather than analysing the detail in person. He often lauded his performance on crime, poverty, affordable homes and road deaths but in reality they were not much different to his predecessor. Remember he refused to cut his holiday short through the 2011 London riots, at a time when his City needed him. 

He is in for a baptism of fire with Iran, does he side with his bum chum Trump or with the EU's stance on the nuclear deal and opt for the diplomatic solution? 

Edited by Salford Trotter

20 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I think his performance in London was mixed to be honest but that is based on media reports over recent weeks rather than analysing the detail in person. He often lauded his performance on crime, poverty, affordable homes and road deaths but in reality they were not much different to his predecessor. Remember he refused to cut his holiday short through the 2011 London riots, at a time when his City needed him. 

He is in for a baptism of fire with Iran, does he side with his bum chum Trump or with the EU's stance on the nuclear deal and opt for the diplomatic solution? 

Ok, pal 

2 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

It’s a no brainer, stick with your allies. 

27 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s a no brainer, stick with your allies. 

They're both allies, so back the EU with a diplomatic solution or the US hard line approach bearing in mind he risks alienating the other as a consequence?It's a tough call, i just hope he is upto these situations because he didn't show the leadership in the FO

Jesus - plot within the Tory party to have held a vote of confidence in Johnson in the commons immediately...

This means there are numbers against no deal. So Johnson can as things stand not get no deal through parliament. I smell a very divisive and likely inconclusive general election round the corner.....unless Johnson is more interested in power than "no deal" - which we all know is the case. 

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Jesus - plot within the Tory party to have held a vote of confidence in Johnson in the commons immediately...

This means there are numbers against no deal. So Johnson can as things stand not get no deal through parliament. I smell a very divisive and likely inconclusive general election round the corner.....unless Johnson is more interested in power than "no deal" - which we all know is the case. 

Let’s hope that it runs out of time

Just now, boltondiver said:

Let’s hope that it runs out of time

If current senior Tory ministers are involved then parliament will find a way. You know it. 

So Boris has three options - try and block parliament without numbers - try and bluff a deal that gets through or try for a GE....

13 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If true, that's just daft - they'll rip their party apart, and that'll end up letting a lunatic like Farage in

4 minutes ago, Sweep said:

If true, that's just daft - they'll rip their party apart, and that'll end up letting a lunatic like Farage in

That's why Duncan resigned - to have the vote - but Bercow has blocked it.

Its true. 

I think the Tory party is finished regardless. Too many who clearly will not be able to work under Johnson. The ideologies clashing and Johnson isn't going to be able to bring them together longer term.

Labour and Tory parties could well be finished as we know them. 

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

That's why Duncan resigned - to have the vote - but Bercow has blocked it.

Its true. 

I think the Tory party is finished regardless. Too many who clearly will not be able to work under Johnson. The ideologies clashing and Johnson isn't going to be able to bring them together longer term.

Labour and Tory parties could well be finished as we know them. 

Probably incorrect reading, in my view

If there is a vote of no confidence, then I imagine the number of Labour MPs voting with the Government will exceed those voting against.

It may be tight, but Boris, and Brexit, will edge it.

Just my view.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

If there is a vote of no confidence, then I imagine the number of Labour MPs voting with the Government will exceed those voting against.

Just my view.

You do know Boris voted FOR the Withdrawal Agreement, don't you? The one that you're now convinced he fundamentally opposes? Talk about easily led... 

16 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Just my view.

There isn't a vote..because Bercow hasn't allowed it.

But you have the 30 odd ministerial remainers...plus the Grieve's and backbench Tories. So that would be potentially 60 Tories against Johnson. You think any Labour MPs would give a vote of confidence to the government? Like a single one? That would be odd. 

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Just my view.

10 labour MPs voted with the Gvt and 17 Tories voted against the Gvt with a lot Tories abstaining. I suspect the majority of those abstaining would vote against the Gvt to stop no deal. With the likelihood of a Gvt majority of 3 after the Brecon byelection the Gvt can't afford any Tory MPs to vote against them. This is making a GE much more likely 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2019/jul/18/did-your-mp-vote-to-block-parliament-being-prorogued

Edited by Salford Trotter

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

You do know Boris voted FOR the Withdrawal Agreement, don't you? The one that you're now convinced he fundamentally opposes? Talk about easily led... 

A silly post is not what I expect of you

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

There isn't a vote..because Bercow hasn't allowed it.

But you have the 30 odd ministerial remainers...plus the Grieve's and backbench Tories. So that would be potentially 60 Tories against Johnson. You think any Labour MPs would give a vote of confidence to the government? Like a single one? That would be odd. 

I think it will flush out the anti-Corbyn Leaver constituency MPs who want to vote for their jobs and with their constituents 

as I say, just my view, happy to be wrong, as always.

9 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He voted for May's deal every time. So perhaps he just doesn't want to be associated with the far right no deal extremists who are a danger to our national security..and anti-British in every sense.

As an aside apparently Boris didn't feel so well after his civil service briefing into the risks of no deal - especially after he was told that ensuring a supply of fresh food was not even top of the major priorities identified....when push comes to shove will the most Brexity of Brexiteers, bullshit Boris risk his premiership and push the no deal button - I'm going to bet not. 

Listen up you tedious turd.

For a true definition of far right extremism, look no further than 8 years ago today, when that far right nutter, Anders Behring Breivik killed 77 people in the Oslo attacks.

That is far right extremism.

You need to get a grip and stop reading bullshit.

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Listen up you tedious turd.

For a true definition of far right extremism, look no further than 8 years ago today, when that far right nutter, Anders Behring Breivik killed 77 people in the Oslo attacks.

That is far right extremism.

You need to get a grip and stop reading bullshit.

Not everyone who voted for the Nazi Party went out and murdered Jews.

You lie with dogs, you catch fleas.