Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Members
1 minute ago, royal white said:

Haha I think he’s got me on block, though I’m not to sure as he hasn’t mentioned it 6 times this week. 

He’s  ruling Horwich with an Iron fist don’t worry mate you’re in 

Edited by Rudy’s Message

10 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

The poor man genuinely needs anger management help, it's quite sad really

No anger management problems here. But people don't have to take my word for it. They'll know that if you're saying it, it's sure to be wide of the mark. That's simply because you've been consistently wrong about absolutely everything else you've said on here for the last three years. You've got a slight authenticity and accuracy problem. Won't stop you posting the dreary links from remoaner transcentral though will it.

Get some grief counselling before you start diagnosing other people.

By the way, you never answered. How's that turning of the tide in favour of remain that you spotted in the aftermath of the Spring European elections coming along? Did you have money on your safe bet that Boris wouldn't come back from the EU with a deal last Autumn? 

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

No anger management problems here. But people don't have to take my word for it. They'll know that if you're saying it, it's sure to be wide of the mark. That's simply because you've been consistently wrong about absolutely everything else you've said on here for the last three years. You've got a slight authenticity and accuracy problem. Won't stop you posting the dreary links from remoaner transcentral though will it.

By the way, you never answered. How's that turning of the tide in favour of remain that you spotted in the aftermath of the Spring European elections coming along? Did you have money on your safe bet that Boris wouldn't come back from the EU with a deal last Autumn? 

Generous very generous.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Generous very generous.

I was hoping not to completely destroy his confidence so that he might be encouraged to give us some predictions for 2020. Brexit uncertainty? Just read what Salford Trotter says and plan for the total opposite.

Edited by paulhanley

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

I am still trying to work out how you know how my 82yo remain supporting mother 'operates' and why she is 'widely despised', please do tell. Oh and that goes for me and all my remain supporting family and friends, who as it happens, are all normal folk who happen to have a different opinion to you. That doesn't make them monsters nor do remain voters see leave voters as monsters or widely despised as you put it. The words you have chosen to use my friend are the incoherent ramblings of an angry man and you certainly do need help. 

• Site Supporter

Let’s all place our WWays February 1st “Paul Hangry Posted It”Brexit Bets:

”Oh no, it’s horrific, look at all those lorries crossing the channel with no issues at all”. 8/15

”Well, have we all died yet? No, of course we fucking haven’t. Aaagghhhhhh”  -  1/10

”Why don’t remainers just admit they are FUCKING SCUM, SCUM, and go and live in Brussels if they live it so much. <faint sound of vein popping on head>”  -  2/1

”Everyone who voted leave should be in the New Years honours list and I will be writing to the queen using my own spunk as ink to demand it happens”  -  3/1

”I’ve just returned from the doctor as I need to get rid of this erection I’ve had for 3 years, he’s given me some Valium and a gumshield to stop me injuring myself when I have spasms thinking about all the money I’ll have by tomorrow” 10/1

“You lost! You lost! You fucking lost! Look at your broken, loser lives. I won. Won. Victory. Victory. Victory. <wet, splattery sound of ejaculate hitting screen>”  -  1/100

1 hour ago, Salford Trotter said:

I am still trying to work out how you know how my 82yo remain supporting mother 'operates' and why she is 'widely despised', please do tell. Oh and that goes for me and all my remain supporting family and friends, who as it happens, are all normal folk who happen to have a different opinion to you. That doesn't make them monsters nor do remain voters see leave voters as monsters or widely despised as you put it. The words you have chosen to use my friend are the incoherent ramblings of an angry man and you certainly do need help. 

I have no beef with remainers. My problem is with remoaners - people like you. If you go around this country you will find millions of people who found the three years of fearmongering and democracy denying extremely unpalatable. You are guilty of both. 

So come on then, oh wise one. What happened to the turning of the tide in favour of remain after the Spring European elections? What happened to the predictions that Boris wouldn't come back with a deal last Autumn? You seem to be avoiding the questions.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Let’s all place our WWays February 1st “Paul Hangry Posted It”Brexit Bets:

”Oh no, it’s horrific, look at all those lorries crossing the channel with no issues at all”. 8/15

”Well, have we all died yet? No, of course we fucking haven’t. Aaagghhhhhh”  -  1/10

”Why don’t remainers just admit they are FUCKING SCUM, SCUM, and go and live in Brussels if they live it so much. <faint sound of vein popping on head>”  -  2/1

”Everyone who voted leave should be in the New Years honours list and I will be writing to the queen using my own spunk as ink to demand it happens”  -  3/1

”I’ve just returned from the doctor as I need to get rid of this erection I’ve had for 3 years, he’s given me some Valium and a gumshield to stop me injuring myself when I have spasms thinking about all the money I’ll have by tomorrow” 10/1

“You lost! You lost! You fucking lost! Look at your broken, loser lives. I won. Won. Victory. Victory. Victory. <wet, splattery sound of ejaculate hitting screen>”  -  1/100

Calm down lad. I'm not trying to wind you up - but you're winding yourself up nonetheless.

• Members
23 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I have no beef with remainers. My problem is with remoaners - people like you. If you go around this country you will find millions of people who found the three years of fearmongering and democracy denying extremely unpalatable. You are guilty of both. 

So come on then, oh wise one. What happened to the turning of the tide in favour of remain after the Spring European elections? What happened to the predictions that Boris wouldn't come back with a deal last Autumn? You seem to be avoiding the questions.

He is unbelievable. There have been the hystericals on here (Cheese, Bury Boy, Spider etc.) but this bloke has been on a different level. I was seriously starting to worry about his health - blood pressure pills or similar required.

Ignore them PH. Like the majority, you have stood strong in the face of the anti democratic types.

6 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

He is unbelievable. There have been the hystericals on here (Cheese, Bury Boy, Spider etc.) but this bloke has been on a different level. I was seriously starting to worry about his health - blood pressure pills or similar required.

Ignore them PH. Like the majority, you have stood strong in the face of the anti democratic types.

Trying to disguise themselves amongst the ranks of remainers is becoming a common tactic post the December election. It won't wash. Remainers accepted the result because we live in a democracy. They too have been astonished at the antics of the democracy denying remoaners brazenly attempting to hijack the result of a referendum. Those in parliament (now pretty much all booted out in England at least) and those cheering them on. Salford Trotter being a prime example on here. 

I'm happy to debate the merits of Brexit. Democracy isn't up for debate.

12 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Dunno how accurate this is but if true it is an eye watering amount.

But why is it so bad? In my view a lot of the cost is attributable to the long drawn out process caused by Gina miller and her like and the uncertainty this has caused. 

is a chunk of it attributable to brexit itself absolutely as some businesses will suffer undoubtedly. 

but again those who sought to deny the democratic will of the people have a lot to answer for as it was completely avoidable and it should never ever have been allowed to happen 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Escobarp said:

But why is it so bad? In my view a lot of the cost is attributable to the long drawn out process caused by Gina miller and her like and the uncertainty this has caused. 

is a chunk of it attributable to brexit itself absolutely as some businesses will suffer undoubtedly. 

but again those who sought to deny the democratic will of the people have a lot to answer for as it was completely avoidable and it should never ever have been allowed to happen 

Companies holding back on investment. Now lets see what happens in the news few months, now they know we are leaving.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Businesses won't make the investment decisions until they know if its a trade deal or not so until then we will still stagnate. 

Possibly, but that wasn't the story before the election.

Plenty of business folk, even remainers wanting it sorted. 

22 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Businesses won't make the investment decisions until they know if its a trade deal or not so until then we will still stagnate. 

Disagree mate in so much as a lot of foreign investment will come in now. A lot of UK businesses may hang fire and have been doing for 3 years But it won’t stop money being spent. 

and fwiw I strongly believe a trade deal will be done. I know they take 7 years if you look at the Canada deal but this is unique. We are already trading with them and have aligned standards etc so whilst it won’t and can’t be the same as what we have now I think you will be pleasantly surprised at what will be agreed 

my company appear to have relaxed somewhat as we were really pushing the brexit uncertainty to clients and adding in a caveat around pricing going forward but that appears to have been put to the back burner.

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Disagree mate in so much as a lot of foreign investment will come in now. A lot of UK businesses may hang fire and have been doing for 3 years But it won’t stop money being spent. 

and fwiw I strongly believe a trade deal will be done. I know they take 7 years if you look at the Canada deal but this is unique. We are already trading with them and have aligned standards etc so whilst it won’t and can’t be the same as what we have now I think you will be pleasantly surprised at what will be agreed 

my company appear to have relaxed somewhat as we were really pushing the brexit uncertainty to clients and adding in a caveat around pricing going forward but that appears to have been put to the back burner.

I hope you are right mate but in my experience there is still too much uncertainty for businesses to invest at the levels that we need them to in order to make a difference. 

I facilitated a brexit strategy session this week with a client in Rotterdam and much of the discussion was around their capital investment strategy. The board were just not convinced that there was enough confidence that a substantive trade deal was possible before the year end. They were able to put some practical measures in place but the big stuff was kicked down the road.