Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, TM Trotter said:

😂 Unbelievable.

If selective blindness such as yours really is indicative of the 52%, it's no wonder Dominic Cummings is so well paid. 

Back to the usual superiority attitude. All leave voters are thick etc.

A trade agreement will be reached as it's in the interests of both parties. Just like a withdrawal agreement was.

No doubt legitimacy to concerns of these companies, and no doubt negotiators will be listening.

The car industry as a whole will also have great concerns about drops in sales as public awareness of fossil fuel pollution sinks in.

Maybe post brexit, we might see an opportunity, and help companies with incentives for research and production of electric and alternative fuel vehicles. Maybe even in collaboration with the EU!

Who knows.

21 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Back to the usual superiority attitude. All leave voters are thick etc.

A trade agreement will be reached as it's in the interests of both parties. Just like a withdrawal agreement was.

No doubt legitimacy to concerns of these companies, and no doubt negotiators will be listening.

The car industry as a whole will also have great concerns about drops in sales as public awareness of fossil fuel pollution sinks in.

Maybe post brexit, we might see an opportunity, and help companies with incentives for research and production of electric and alternative fuel vehicles. Maybe even in collaboration with the EU!

Who knows.

Honestly, it's not a case of me saying 'all leave voters are thick'. I haven't got a problem with valid or coherent arguments from the leave side - you've just made a very fair point, for example.

Miami, however, comes across as nothing more than a crowing little-England simpleton, and I'll continue to find it amusing when he posts shite like he's just done.

Blindly reading a headline and suggesting it must reaffirm your preconceived opinion without reading further is quite silly. It's not just because he's a Leaver.

1 minute ago, TM Trotter said:

Honestly, it's not a case of me saying 'all leave voters are thick'. I haven't got a problem with valid or coherent arguments from the leave side - you've just made a very fair point, for example.

Miami, however, comes across as nothing more than a crowing little-England simpleton, and I'll continue to find it amusing when he posts shite like he's just done.

Blindly reading a headline and suggesting it must reaffirm your preconceived opinion without reading further is quite silly. It's not just because he's a Leaver.

Oooh, aren't we a  big man with the insults as always ?

As I said, read the article fully, then come back to me. As I said to Spider last night, a deal will be done. Like TMGJ, it is firmly in the interests of both us and the EU. Anyone thinking otherwise and falling for the EU guff is the simpleton.

Have a nice day 🇬🇧

Just now, miamiwhite said:

Oooh, aren't we a  big man with the insults as always ?

As I said, read the article fully, then come back to me. As I said to Spider last night, a deal will be done. Like TMGJ, it is firmly in the interests of both us and the EU. Anyone thinking otherwise and falling for the EU guff is the simpleton.

Have a nice day 🇬🇧

Absolutely massive pal 🙄 

Not sure what is going to be most tedious for the near future 

Leavers declaring Remainers as losers and claiming every word from Boris confirms their victory and the glorious path we are now on. 

OR

Remainers picking every piece of potentially bad news and claiming it proves their point and slagging off Leavers for being short sighted and narrow minded. 

So far both sides seem equally pathetic

4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Correct pal.

What's your thoughts on the IMF forecast and the Eurozone results ?

Only one or two from the remain camp have bothered to comment, hardly surprising 😉

I've not been paying attention of late, as there are too many things being posted with Twitter links, which I can never be bothered to click on, as they tedn to be full of bollocks (from both sides)

Anyway, this forecast, I presume your'e referring to this snippet

Growth in the euro area is projected to pick up from 1.2 percent in 2019 to 1.3 percent in 2020 (a downward revision of 0.1 percentage point) and 1.4 percent in 2021. Projected improvements in external demand support the anticipated firming of growth. The October 2019 WEO projections for France and Italy remain unchanged, but the projections have been marked down for 2020 in Germany, where manufacturing activity remains in contractionary territory in late 2019, and for Spain due to carryover from stronger-than-expected deceleration in domestic demand and exports in 2019.

In the United Kingdom, growth is expected to stabilize at 1.4 percent in 2020 and firm up to 1.5 percent in 2021—unchanged from the October WEO. The growth forecast assumes an orderly exit from the European Union at the end of January followed by a gradual transition to a new economic relationship.

I'm, as somebody who originally voted to remain, happy to comment.

The growth level doesn't look great for the EU in the main for 2020, and the UK looks like it's growth rate might be higher than the EU in 2020   -   although some crank on here the other week said that growth or GDP wasn't a mark of success anyway didn't they?  -  you will also get certain people saying that the UK is looking good because we're still in the EU transition period. We'll only really know once free trade deals are struck (as like you, I see no reason why they won't be)

Anyway I'm not sure it's something to get excited about, the same as if the figures were flipped the other way around - we won't know for at least 5 years if leaving was the right thing to do, we certainly can't be sure after just a few days, when in reality, absolutely nothing has changed

3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I've not been paying attention of late, as there are too many things being posted with Twitter links, which I can never be bothered to click on, as they tedn to be full of bollocks (from both sides)

The growth level doesn't look great for the EU in the main for 2020, and the UK looks like it's growth rate might be higher than the EU in 2020   -   although some crank on here the other week said that growth or GDP wasn't a mark of success anyway didn't they?  -  you will also get certain people saying that the UK is looking good because we're still in the EU transition period. We'll only really know once free trade deals are struck (as like you, I see no reason why they won't be)

Anyway I'm not sure it's something to get excited about, the same as if the figures were flipped the other way around - we won't know for at least 5 years if leaving was the right thing to do, we certainly can't be sure after just a few days, when in reality, absolutely nothing has changed

Thank you Sweep. Glad you're of the opinion too that deals will be struck, it makes sense all round.

Like you say too, it's only a few days,into it now, but after all the negativity in the three and half years up to it, we should be in turmoil by now 😉

Have a good Wednesday too pal 👍

47 minutes ago, Sweep said:

-   although some crank on here the other week said that growth or GDP wasn't a mark of success anyway didn't they?  - 

This krank as you so Eloquently put it stated that gdp isn’t the only measure of success of a country yet it’s banded about like there’s no tomorrow often by folk who’ve read it online or seen it mentioned somewhere. 

But crack on 

3 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Hang on a moment fella, re the other week....did I say I believed the article ? No I didn't,  so get your facts correct. I merely said the headline was correct and factual which it was and which you also admitted.

Go back and check, you'll see who is right here. ......irrelevant of how you are trying to portray it.

So, to compound your error, you’ve just stated that you post articles that you don’t believe to be true in content, because the headline suits your agenda.

You’ve pretty much just told us not to take any notice of your incessant links (although many don’t anyway) because you know that they may well be misleading horseshit. 

What an odd way to try and justify yourself, but thanks for the honesty.

• Site Supporter

Right

I’m done with this thread. It’s like the fucking Somme.

Minds are made up. Positions are entrenched.

Lets see what the deal is by December 31st and resume hostilities then.

Peace and love my appallingly dressed brothers. Xxx

1 hour ago, Jol_BWFC said:

So, to compound your error, you’ve just stated that you post articles that you don’t believe to be true in content, because the headline suits your agenda.

You’ve pretty much just told us not to take any notice of your incessant links (although many don’t anyway) because you know that they may well be misleading horseshit. 

What an odd way to try and justify yourself, but thanks for the honesty.

Haha, talk about priceless. 

I said the other week the headline was factual and correct, you admitted as such didn't you ? A straight yes or no please.

The headline was all I was referring to as yes, the rest was shite,  which I admitted to at the time didn't I ?

You're not a human rights lawyer are you ? 😉

11 minutes ago, Spider said:

Right

See you later twatty 😉😘😘

3 hours ago, Sweep said:

The key but for me is in the IMF piece is ‘orderly exit’ 

Given it took three years to land a more straightforward transition deal and we only have 11 months to go at the final agreement, this is the risk 

TM for her failings built 4 years into her transition deal, 11 months feels too short for me 

21 minutes ago, Spider said:

Right

We could have a game of football on Christmas day. Then resume hostlities. 

3 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

The key but for me is in the IMF piece is ‘orderly exit’ 

Given it took three years to land a more straightforward transition deal and we only have 11 months to go at the final agreement, this is the risk 

TM for her failings built 4 years into her transition deal, 11 months feels too short for me 

Get back to pushing the pram, much more interesting and better for your health. :)

47 minutes ago, Spider said:

Right

Aye, me too.

No fucker knows what's going to happen, so it's all a bit pointless.

20 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Aye, me too.

No fucker knows what's going to happen, so it's all a bit pointless.

That's the beauty of it, nobody knows.

Only real facts are talks to resume simultaneously with the EU and other countries. 

Quite coincidental you pessimists start to disappear now the EU and Eurozone are faltering,  but you were all so happy to hang around like a bad smell when nobody knew what was happening for the 3 years until Johnson turned it around.

Adios Miguel 🕺

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Escobarp said:

This krank as you so Eloquently put it stated that gdp isn’t the only measure of success of a country yet it’s banded about like there’s no tomorrow often by folk who’ve read it online or seen it mentioned somewhere. 

But crack on 

Quite.

He's clearly clued up about business, so perhaps a bit of a contrary comment.

Being honest, this could be re-named the contrary thread.

I'm going to call it quits on this thread as well. It's all going around in circles between remainers and leavers. In a nutshell me and other leavers are sure the UK will prosper - the remainers think the opposite. This time in 3/4/5 years the answers will be emerging. As such its a bit pointless talking over the same thing over and over.

There are however a couple of people on this thread who have shown themselves consistently over the last three years to be democracy deniers. Irrespective of the perceived rights or wrongs of Brexit itself, that is a disgrace. I have said my piece on that issue previously. We all know who they are - remoaners, not remainers.

For the last three days or so we have been an independent country outside of the EU. We got there in the end even though it took far too long. It just goes to show how deep rooted democracy is in this country. That is something of which we should be very, very proud.

Over and out.