Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

4 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

No thanks, is that what happened to you ?

I saw the light when those scum you idolise got in charge of the opposition.

You are a typical lefty with your racist card played every single time a person speaks the truth about the main terrorist shit and associated problems our world is facing right now. Stick to the Guardian echo chamber, they won't mention the truth either.

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Can't blame anyone for a bloody pandemic. 

A lot of stuff slowed right down.

As for the rest of it, in the new year we should start to see what legislation is going to be brought in, in support of the new way.

Should also hopefully see more of the northern investment projects coming onstream. 

Actually looking forward to the new Eden Project in morecambe. 

Admirable optimism, I salute you.

58 minutes ago, Spider said:

Mounts is here

Some days he likes Boris

Some days he hates him because he stops him going to Spain or summert.

The country needs a decent opposition. Corbyn wasn’t it.

Starmer has a clean slate now to decide how to build an effective team.

Cummings-shaggers don’t understand how vital a strong opposition is.

Thought I waited for Boris to speak then just agreed with him. Starmer took the knee lost me in a heart beat, would love a proper working class Labour Party, sadly it’s not happening. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

39 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Can't blame anyone for a bloody pandemic. 

A lot of stuff slowed right down.

As for the rest of it, in the new year we should start to see what legislation is going to be brought in, in support of the new way.

Should also hopefully see more of the northern investment projects coming onstream. 

Actually looking forward to the new Eden Project in morecambe. 

I think the past ten years have been catastrophically bad. We're in more debt than we've ever been despite years of austerity (and that was before the pandemic), we've diminished our standing on the world stage, we've hastened the break up of the Union, emboldened the far right and done ourselves out of lovely purple passports. 

Gonna take more than a big greenhouse to cheer me up after all that! 😁

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, kent_white said:

I think the past ten years have been catastrophically bad. We're in more debt than we've ever been despite years of austerity (and that was before the pandemic), we've diminished our standing on the world stage, we've hastened the break up of the Union, emboldened the far right and done ourselves out of lovely purple passports. 

Gonna take more than a big greenhouse to cheer me up after all that! 😁

A bit of opinion as fact there, bud.

Alternatively, far right emboldened by far left and reaction to them, and perceived issues within the Western world.

Union (presumably Britain) hasn't broken up. If it does so in future, it will be because of the SNP and its supporters. As is their right. Interestingly, it was the Conservative government that responded to SNP demands and granted an independence referendum- which resulted in a continuity vote- which hardly suggests they are looking to break it up. Refusing a referendum would have emboldened support for it.

Diminished our standing on the world stage? You'll have to explain that one as I don't understand it where you're coming from.

We are indeed in some financial strife- whether that's worse or better as a result of austerity no one knows, absolutely no one. I'm sure there are loads of reports saying both.

On the other hand, public services have been affected we know this from experience and testimony, but employment has grown. Etc,etc.

We can all pick bits out that suit our own beliefs, but if we were completely honest, we can find things that we benefited from. I certainly did during labour's period- local government funding grew and I got a job as a result! I even voted for them for a time.

We had Duck egg complaining about this government, but admitting he liked his tax rebate as the threshold was raised.

So, yes, of course there is stuff we dont like, but the promises of northern investment should benefit us all, even a big fuck off greenhouse. Just a case of if they can deliver. 

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Alternatively, far right emboldened by far left and reaction to them, and perceived issues within the Western world.

Union (presumably Britain) hasn't broken up. If it does so in future, it will be because of the SNP and its supporters. As is their right. Interestingly, it was the Conservative government that responded to SNP demands and granted an independence referendum- which resulted in a continuity vote- which hardly suggests they are looking to break it up. Refusing a referendum would have emboldened support for it.

Diminished our standing on the world stage? You'll have to explain that one as I don't understand it where you're coming from.

We are indeed in some financial strife- whether that's worse or better as a result of austerity no one knows, absolutely no one. I'm sure there are loads of reports saying both.

On the other hand, public services have been affected we know this from experience and testimony, but employment has grown. Etc,etc.

We can all pick bits out that suit our own beliefs, but if we were completely honest, we can find things that we benefited from. I certainly did during labour's period- local government funding grew and I got a job as a result! I even voted for them for a time.

We had Duck egg complaining about this government, but admitting he liked his tax rebate as the threshold was raised.

So, yes, of course there is stuff we dont like, but the promises of northern investment should benefit us all, even a big fuck off greenhouse. Just a case of if they can deliver. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I hope you're right about everything and I'm just being pessimistic. I think all this is on its way though - if it hasn't happened already. Desperate to be proved wrong. 

This lot aren't filling me with hope though! 😁

Corbyn was never ever a leader but for a bloke who fought racism and injustice his whole political career, no fecker will ever convince me he is anti semitic.   The number of Tory voters on here, that keep stating he is, only confirm his comments earlier were correct.  

Personally, I'm prepared to accept Boris isnt racist but for a bloke who's used the term 'picaninnies' and described women in burkhas as 'post boxes', I'd say there's a case to answer.

Boris is just a goon and doesn’t know when to shut up. don’t believe there is malice in what he says with stuff like this. 

I don’t think corbyn is anti Semitic per se but he had the chance to deal with in his party and didn’t do he is in essence complicit. Same as any party leader or person in charge of an organization 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Boris is just a goon and doesn’t know when to shut up. don’t believe there is malice in what he says with stuff like this. 

I don’t think corbyn is anti Semitic per se but he had the chance to deal with in his party and didn’t do he is in essence complicit. Same as any party leader or person in charge of an organization 

Corbyn getting stabbed like fuck in the back off Rayner, the two faced bitch.

16 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Aye. Good summary of the situation. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

if the union breaks up, it will be because NI has been sold out by Bozo and his bent mates

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Corbyn getting stabbed like fuck in the back off Rayner, the two faced bitch.

Really? That type of Binary-thinking is what made Labour completely unelectable under Corbyn.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Being Bent in politics isn't just a Tory thing, you'll find that it applies to all political parties, in the words of Hunny Bunny in Pulp Fiction..."every fucking last one of ya"

This lot are gold medalists

And they dont even bother hiding it

Suppose theres no need when theres plenty cant wait to drop their keks for em