Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

5 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

yea that was mainly for the supply boat crews, some of the bars near the harbour were 24hrs, anyone coming of the rigs went straight to the train station via the off licence :-) .

Me and a mate went in a pub in the city centre after work, landlord said last orders have gone, it was only 5 pm.

28 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Spring/Summer 2000. Remember watching us get knocked out of the Euros in the hotel boozer. The locals loved it, naturally 😀

I was still south of the border at uni then so before my time that

aye next year will be very eventful for us English north of the border for the euros  

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The oven ready deal was cooked 12 months ago. Eaten and shat out long ago.

What's wrong now?

Sounds like things aren’t running smoothly.

Mounts said it was done a few days ago but hasn’t mentioned it since

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The oven ready deal was cooked 12 months ago. Eaten and shat out long ago.

What's wrong now?

The EU today, allegedly, have decided to play hardball and row back on some of the things they'd agreed on.

Still, as people keep saying, it's nothing to worry about, as it will go down to the eleventh hour before any agreement is made.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Sweep said:

The EU today, allegedly, have decided to play hardball and row back on some of the things they'd agreed on.

Still, as people keep saying, it's nothing to worry about, as it will go down to the eleventh hour before any agreement is made.

Probably because of the internal markets bill with that dodgy section supposedly going back in.

Anyhow, fuck em, buy more British. Who needs cunting Danepak. 

Which reminds me, slightly off topic, but well done to Tesco and the other chains for giving all that money back. Credit where its due.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Probably because of the internal markets bill with that dodgy section supposedly going back in.

Anyhow, fuck em, buy more British. Who needs cunting Danepak. 

Which reminds me, slightly off topic, but well done to Tesco and the other chains for giving all that money back. Credit where its due.

Once one did it the others were shamed into it. They were all hoping it wouldn’t come to it let’s be honest.  But shareholders need their dividends so it was the only option 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Once one did it the others were shamed into it. They were all hoping it wouldn’t come to it let’s be honest.  But shareholders need their dividends so it was the only option 

Can you expand on that pal. I thought it was the rates relief they'd chosen to give back- how does the shareholders needing their dividend mean they have to give it back?

Is it more complicated somehow?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Gonk said:

Regarding fishing rights and the UK fishing industry. The largest market for the UK fishing industry is the EU, so they are in fact holding those cards. "Don't let us fish your waters and we don't buy your catch"

Already said that haven't they?

The obvious retort. Not sure how consumers and restaurants across the continent would feel. Love our langoustines! :)