Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

You can get help with your reading you know. 

We are talking about delaying leaving here. 

have a trawl back buddy. Ive been advocating delaying leaving for months and months. 

seek help. Don’t be too proud. 

Just keep changing your tune. You’ve got more faces than Mike Yarwood🤩

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It was just a negotiating lever for the EU to pin us down to accept any old shit deal, thankfully it did not work. 

9 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Tell me more...

How would it be better for the French, for there to be no deal?

Read all about it in today’s papers.

But France are demanding unfettered fishing rights for 10 years.

Jesus did not think this thread could get worse. 

I will be as pissed off as any other rational person in the country if we do not get a decent deal but people are massively over reacting to little snippets of non news. 

it is the role of the EU to get the best deal for them and the same for us. To say one side is bullying the other is again total bollocks. Both sides will be making demands and compromises to engineer a good deal. 

If we walk away with no deal no one wins. 

8 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I agree but he won’t admit his earlier position was bollocks. Always hard to admit you were wrong though.

Learn to read. It’s never too late. And honestly stop Embarrassing yourself. Even on here it’s not a good look buddy 

16 minutes ago, Ani said:

I will be as pissed off as any other rational person in the country if we do not get a decent deal but people are massively over reacting to little snippets of non news. 

it is the role of the EU to get the best deal for them and the same for us. To say one side is bullying the other is again total bollocks. Both sides will be making demands and compromises to engineer a good deal. 

I agree, but the view of some on here is that the EU has been bullying the UK and forcing us to do things against our will for the last few decades, and that is carrying on during the negotiations.

Its utterly amazing that people are shocked and upset that the EU are pushing for the best deal for them and their member nations

47 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I’d swap that for 10 years unfettered financial services rights 

As far as I am aware the deal negotiations do not even involve financial services. That is separate. 

Sure I read that somewhere I have no direct involvement in the negotiations to be clear. 

The radio said 75% if our fishing is done in shore areas and no deal Brexit is bad for that as the increased shipping time will mean those catch's lose value?

This deal resting on fishing must be exaggerated? Seems to be a pride thing or a poster promise more than value to the country?

And the farmers up here in N Lancs and Cumbria aren't happy with the govt proposals on farming either!

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, ex_midlandwhite said:

The radio said 75% if our fishing is done in shore areas and no deal Brexit is bad for that as the increased shipping time will mean those catch's lose value?

This deal resting on fishing must be exaggerated? Seems to be a pride thing or a poster promise more than value to the country?

And the farmers up here in N Lancs and Cumbria aren't happy with the govt proposals on farming either!

The farming one is very interesting. They are going to have to change practices significantly over the coming years anyway. Some have already started. One on the box is quite happy as he will now be rewarded for his environmental efforts instead of being financially hit.

Others, perhaps long in the tooth, with rusting tractors, implements and oil cans strewn about, won't be so happy. 

A good time to introduce change; some will thrive and others won't. The way of business generally. 

5 hours ago, Ani said:

I'm a rational person, and have always wanted to leave without a deal. 

To talk about the EU getting the best deal and the UK getting the best deal and no one winning, to me, is irrational 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, darwen_white said:

To talk about the EU getting the best deal and the UK getting the best deal and no one winning, to me, is irrational 

I'm not sure why we wouldn't want a free trade agreement so long as its not punitive. 

We're currently doing them with other nations, so it makes sense.

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, darwen_white said:

Why? What on earth makes you think no deal would be a good option, especially now?

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Why? What on earth makes you think no deal would be a good option, especially now?

I’ll assume because he has no understanding of international commerce but likes flags.

43 minutes ago, darwen_white said:

Remember if we leave without a deal, we ( The UK) will take a 100% hit , the EU as a whole also takes a 100% hit, but as individual countries they do not, that hit will be spread around and therefore will not be as painful to them as to the UK