Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

Anyway, just finished my shift piping non-descript chicken parts into the frier and feeding them to your McKids, so I'm a bit behind on the news. Have we got a deal or what?

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

McChicken Legend with spicy salsa still available ?

The last time I frequented Maccy D's was in February before lockdown, McBirthday treat.

Only after the breakfast menu finishes at 11AM.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Fuck! They do breakfast 🤔

Try it. You might Mclike it! We do pancakes, sausage & egg McBarms, McMorning McCoffee, the lot. You can even have a tea from the pot that we all McPiss in. Or a McWeetabix from the shed.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Cheese said:

Anyway, just finished my shift piping non-descript chicken parts into the frier and feeding them to your McKids, so I'm a bit behind on the news. Have we got a deal or what?

Was done days ago. They’ve just been looking busy so they could make it all Christmassy

Its worth another 1,000 pages on here I would imagine

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Farage already whining about it being an EU treaty and not Brexit.

Said it earlier in the week.

Im slightly troubled to be on the same page as a visionary like Mad Nige

Edited by Spider

28 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Farage already whining about it being an EU treaty and not Brexit.

Let’s be honest without seeing the deal I am sure we could list plenty of people who will claim the deal is the best thing ever a triumph for democracy. An equal number who will decry it as sending us to economic ruin. And the final lot who will taking the Farage view it does not go far enough. 
Given the document will be massive it will be surprising how quickly these views are formed. 
The only thing guaranteed is that despite no one really knowing the debates will roll on for ages yet. 

15 minutes ago, Ani said:

Let’s be honest without seeing the deal I am sure we could list plenty of people who will claim the deal is the best thing ever a triumph for democracy. An equal number who will decry it as sending us to economic ruin. And the final lot who will taking the Farage view it does not go far enough. 
Given the document will be massive it will be surprising how quickly these views are formed. 
The only thing guaranteed is that despite no one really knowing the debates will roll on for ages yet. 

You know what, sadly, it won’t be surprising how quickly these views are formed

As folk no longer judge based on evidence, but from a pre-disposed position irrespective of anything else as they’re too bothered about “winning”. We can all get caught up in it

Let’s see what occurs

There will be elements of the deal that I won’t like but for the sake of sensible future trade agreement we will just have to accept that, I’m sure the EU side will feel the same. Looks like good news on dispute arbitration, it will be independent judgement and not the ECJ making any judgements. 

It is understood the agreement does not have a role for the European Court of Justice, the EU's top court, and the two sides have agreed a system to sort out disputes that follows international law, rather than EU law, our political editor said.

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

There will be elements of the deal that I won’t like but for the sake of sensible future trade agreement we will just have to accept that, I’m sure the EU side will feel the same. Looks like good news on dispute arbitration, it will be independent judgement and not the ECJ making any judgements. 

It is understood the agreement does not have a role for the European Court of Justice, the EU's top court, and the two sides have agreed a system to sort out disputes that follows international law, rather than EU law, our political editor said.

That is good news. There'll have been compromises on fishing - let's see how the cards fall. 

Given that folk on the continent have their big Xmas celebrations on the late afternoon and evening of Dec 24 and that the EU style of negotiation is for everything on the last minute, this morning was always a fair bet. Not that I had read that beforehand! 

All in all the UK has played the EU at its own hardball game in the negotiations and the EU will have respected that. We will enter the New Year substantially as us Brexiteers wished when we voted on June 23, 2016. Far, far different to Teresa May's meek surrender and a million miles away from what uber-remainers were plotting in the disgraceful democracy denying period from Summer 2017 to December 2019. All a far cry from pre 2016 when those who campaigned to get out of the EU were treated like pariahs and heretics. Democracy proved deep-rooted enough in this country in the final analysis.

Onwards and upwards for the UK, masters of our own destiny, rules, borders, trade, agriculture like the rest of the nation states outside the EU. Never shall be slaves.

38 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

That is good news. There'll have been compromises on fishing - let's see how the cards fall. 

Given that folk on the continent have their big Xmas celebrations on the late afternoon and evening of Dec 24 and that the EU style of negotiation is for everything on the last minute, this morning was always a fair bet. Not that I had read that beforehand! 

All in all the UK has played the EU at its own hardball game in the negotiations and the EU will have respected that. We will enter the New Year substantially as us Brexiteers wished when we voted on June 23, 2016. Far, far different to Teresa May's meek surrender and a million miles away from what uber-remainers were plotting in the disgraceful democracy denying period from Summer 2017 to December 2019. All a far cry from pre 2016 when those who campaigned to get out of the EU were treated like pariahs and heretics. Democracy proved deep-rooted enough in this country in the final analysis.

Onwards and upwards for the UK, masters of our own destiny, rules, borders, trade, agriculture like the rest of the nation states outside the EU. Never shall be slaves.

As I say do not even need to see the deal. 

20 minutes ago, Ani said:

As I say do not even need to see the deal. 

No one can see how the future EU will develop, think we know the basic outline of the new deal, I think that’s more transparent than future changes to EU rules & regulations, thankfully we no longer have to worry about that anymore. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

No one can see how the future EU will develop, think we know the basic outline of the new deal, I think that’s more transparent than future changes to EU rules & regulations we no longer have to worry about. 

Won’t repeat my self but you and PH are in the anticipated pot. 😀😅

Have a good Xmas mate.