Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

13 hours ago, paulhanley said:

I don't think I will ever get over the attempt to undermine democracy that we saw in this country from 2017 to 2019. 

Blimey, I didn't know it had affected you so badly. Have you thought about getting some counselling maybe?

• Members
13 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Goading isn't aimed at you. It's aimed at those who have Bray like tendencies and continue to fight a lost cause. 

The majority of remainers didn't turn in to democracy deniers. I don't think I will ever get over the attempt to undermine democracy that we saw in this country from 2017 to 2019. 

Kin’ell far worse things have happened but that would never keep us up at night 

13 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Kin’ell far worse things have happened but that would never keep us up at night 

I'm concerned he might start self harming or worse. Hopefully now it's over, he can get on with his life and move forward.

One day at a time Paul, honestly, you will start to feel better eventually.

43 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Tbf it was appalling. Wouldn’t keep me up at night though. but those involved and those , like some on here, that supported it should be embarrassed.  

It doesn't keep me up at night either, especially now such behaviour has been comprehensively trounced. But it was one of the most appalling episodes in the modern history of this country. Zealots overtly trying to overturn/undermine the result of a referendum. Some want to airbrush it now and pretend it never happened. It will not be so easily forgotten. Democracy rests on the consent of the losing side. Some exceptionally arrogant people thought their hidebound support for a bureaucratic continental monolith trumped that. Here we are today with the referendum result finally respected and the endless chicanery of remoaners finally negotiated. But we have seen deep in to the souls of the characters who tried their best to stop it - illiberal, undemocratic banana republic merchants. No place in this country or any other democracy.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

It doesn't keep me up at night either, especially now such behaviour has been comprehensively trounced. But it was one of the most appalling episodes in the modern history of this country. Zealots overtly trying to overturn/undermine the result of a referendum. Some want to airbrush it now and pretend it never happened. It will not be so easily forgotten. Democracy rests on the consent of the losing side. Some exceptionally arrogant people thought their hidebound support for a bureaucratic continental monolith trumped that. Here we are today with the referendum result finally respected and the endless chicanery of remoaners finally negotiated. But we have seen deep in to the souls of the characters who tried their best to stop it - illiberal, undemocratic banana republic merchants. No place in this country or any other democracy.

Ask Mrs (or Mr) Hanley for a “special” cuddle.

You definitely need something to calm you down. There’s a hernia/heart attack bursting to get out of there.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Ask Mrs (or Mr) Hanley for a “special” cuddle.

You definitely need something to calm you down. There’s a hernia/heart attack bursting to get out of there.

Like Cheese you seem to have nowt left but personal abuse, which speaks volumes. 

No answer on the subject matter of the antics between 2017 and 2019 I note.

21 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I think the Government is setting up a DD scheme, and we all get a fiver in our accounts every Friday

Can of DIPA for renaissance folks, about 6 tinnies for @Youri McAnespie

Edited by boltondiver

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, paulhanley said:

Like Cheese you seem to have nowt left but personal abuse, which speaks volumes. 

No answer on the subject matter of the antics between 2017 and 2019 I note.

I have never questioned the validity of the result nor have I ever even suggested it be challenged.

My concerns have centred around the UK having a measurably better set of circumstances once out than we did when we were in. I’ve seen very little to convince me that all this gargantuan fucking about has improved all aspects of our lives.

It was just a bit of fun you mirthless jizzmop. Laughter is the best medicine, even the type born of misplaced schadenfreude.

❤️

@gonzoyou need to remember a lot of the “barriers” to making this work were fictional and out out there as a negotiating tactic by the EU as well as just over active imaginations by some folk that didn’t want this to happen. 

best way I look at it is if it’s shit and hard for us to export to the EU it’s the same for them in reverse to us. Which doesn’t suit them At all either. So they will find a way to make it work 

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

I have never questioned the validity of the result nor have I ever even suggested it be challenged.

My concerns have centred around the UK having a measurably better set of circumstances once out than we did when we were in. I’ve seen very little to convince me that all this gargantuan fucking about has improved all aspects of our lives.

It was just a bit of fun you mirthless jizzmop. Laughter is the best medicine, even the type born of misplaced schadenfreude.

❤️

Maybe you should focus on what's been achieved. We have a comprehensive trade agreement with the EU with our sovereignty fully restored. Tarriff-free and quota free trade continues. It's exactly what the die-hards who are in love with the EU said was never possible.

Or in short.... oven-ready. 😁😁😁😁😍

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

@gonzoyou need to remember a lot of the “barriers” to making this work were fictional and out out there as a negotiating tactic by the EU as well as just over active imaginations by some folk that didn’t want this to happen. 

best way I look at it is if it’s shit and hard for us to export to the EU it’s the same for them in reverse to us. Which doesn’t suit them At all either. So they will find a way to make it work 

Aye was thinking the same.

If a company has been exporting/importing stuff with a particular country for X amount of years why would extra checks be needed? 

Would be in nobodies interest surely.

Money talks.