Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Think it was Bolty who said the lurch to the left and continued liberalism would inevitably create a situation where far right parties would gain a power base in Europe, where this will lead who knows but it seems it’s coming true. 

So the emergence of far right white supremacists and blokes with swastikas tattooed to their chests is a result of some Karen’s getting a bit cranky on Twitter?

See, I always thought white supremacy was a result of your more common or garden racism.

Seems I’m wrong.

• Members

Some bumfluff ridden spotty little irk from Cornwall sticking a swastika on his nursery wall and imitating Paolo Do Canio isn't much of a concern. He'll be embarrassed about it when his balls finally drop. No doubt the left leaning media are having a field day with it and the 'influenced by public opinion' (in truth reacting to the screechers) law persons will make an example of him (and yet fail to round up property damaging, statue defacing/destroying anarchists who regularly pollute our streets).

The rise of the real far right is far more insidious than examples like him and was entirely predictable when the left have been able to get away with so much over the last 2 -3 decades in imposing their idea of a new world order. One where you have to be careful of every single word you utter because some self important faux outraged waste of oxygen will claim to be offended and take the snitch route. One where history has to be rewritten to wrap their delicate feelings in cotton wool. One where there are 57 genders.

As Esco says, it needs to settle somehwere in the middle. Unfortunately there is likely to be an equal and opposite reaction which won't be pretty until we can finally settle in the centre when all of the dust has settled.

• Members

A very significant date and a significant milestone for me today.

Through all the BS, we all know that England will always succeed and prosper - with or without the other three (and certainly without the 27).

Semper inventionis facultatem faciunt.

Out on a high:

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Some bumfluff ridden spotty little irk from Cornwall sticking a swastika on his nursery wall and imitating Paolo Do Canio isn't much of a concern. He'll be embarrassed about it when his balls finally drop. No doubt the left leaning media are having a field day with it and the 'influenced by public opinion' (in truth reacting to the screechers) law persons will make an example of him (and yet fail to round up property damaging, statue defacing/destroying anarchists who regularly pollute our streets).

The rise of the real far right is far more insidious than examples like him and was entirely predictable when the left have been able to get away with so much over the last 2 -3 decades in imposing their idea of a new world order. One where you have to be careful of every single word you utter because some self important faux outraged waste of oxygen will claim to be offended and take the snitch route. One where history has to be rewritten to wrap their delicate feelings in cotton wool. One where there are 57 genders.

As Esco says, it needs to settle somehwere in the middle. Unfortunately there is likely to be an equal and opposite reaction which won't be pretty until we can finally settle in the centre when all of the dust has settled.

Bearing in mind we've never elected a "Leftist" government in this country, can you give an example of the worst thing "the Left" have got away with over the last 2-3 decades?

• Site Supporter

Bolty has a point, but only to a certain degree.

I assume he's referring to "The Left" as being the angry, treehugging Swampy types. 

We all know the types he means - harmless in reality, but their virtuosity has become a competition over the last decade or two, and morphed into a massive online mung bean swinging contest to see who can be the most "right on" member of their fraternity.

It's like the Captain Tom stuff recently. The vast majority of people said nice things, felt rather proud of him then moved on gracefully. A small element of people immeditaely leapt into the media spotlight for mainly weird and OTT "tributes", which were nothing more than attention seeking nonsense to prove to others that they were more upset, and their grief was deeper. Just weird.

So, yes, Bolty is correct in that this ethical, principled and well-meaning push from the left has been kidnapped by people just waiting to leap all over anything they consider to be straying from the moral path. 

Some of it is indeed tiresome.

But, to suggest that someone should be so bothered by this that they want to pick up a gun and start a  war is equally nonsensical. Just because a Karen is up in my grill telling me I'm a wanker on Twitter because I happened to suggest that we "get a tighter grip" on immigration (by which I meant to protect both the UK and the migrants), doesn't mean I should walk round to her teepee and blow her face off with an anti-aircraft gun.

Our society is not at war over this. If anyone overcooks their virtuosity, they usually get called out on it and shut down, as they should be.

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Bolty has a point, but only to a certain degree.

I assume he's referring to "The Left" as being the angry, treehugging Swampy types. 

We all know the types he means - harmless in reality, but their virtuosity has become a competition over the last decade or two, and morphed into a massive online mung bean swinging contest to see who can be the most "right on" member of their fraternity.

It's like the Captain Tom stuff recently. The vast majority of people said nice things, felt rather proud of him then moved on gracefully. A small element of people immeditaely leapt into the media spotlight for mainly weird and OTT "tributes", which were nothing more than attention seeking nonsense to prove to others that they were more upset, and their grief was deeper. Just weird.

So, yes, Bolty is correct in that this ethical, principled and well-meaning push from the left has been kidnapped by people just waiting to leap all over anything they consider to be straying from the moral path. 

Some of it is indeed tiresome.

But, to suggest that someone should be so bothered by this that they want to pick up a gun and start a  war is equally nonsensical. Just because a Karen is up in my grill telling me I'm a wanker on Twitter because I happened to suggest that we "get a tighter grip" on immigration (by which I meant to protect both the UK and the migrants), doesn't mean I should walk round to her teepee and blow her face off with an anti-aircraft gun.

Our society is not at war over this. If anyone overcooks their virtuosity, they usually get called out on it and shut down, as they should be.

Welcome back spider 

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Crikey, not much class in Wee Nippy

That's the opposite side of the coin for me.

Govt will get hit with grandiose statements from journalists in the guise of a question. Often from a narrow view that is somehow meant to represent the whole issue.

I'm not fan of the woman whatsoever, but that type of questioning is rank for me; very much of the social media type.

In fact, it smacked very much of an SNP 'speech' in the hoc.

Nippy is doing a good of undermining herself at the moment, just keep sharpening her shovel.

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Spider said:

So the emergence of far right white supremacists and blokes with swastikas tattooed to their chests is a result of some Karen’s getting a bit cranky on Twitter?

See, I always thought white supremacy was a result of your more common or garden racism.

Seems I’m wrong.

Naive.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

The massive problem is that it'll need to be give and take but neither side want to give anything but do want to take. 

Give and take?

The 'right' need to accept young Jacob defining as Zero Zero Strong Bred Flower, they should get used to those Rainbow bannered cavorting in the streets and openly indulging in direct urine drinking whilst surrounded by a gang filming and cock-rubbing. That Somalian immigrants should be given priority in the job market lest they lapse into piracy. The 'right' need to come to terms with the idea their foreman in future will probably resemble this guy...

20210209-090657.jpg

In return 'the left' should leave 'the right' to continue to enjoy their Chubby Brown and Jim Davidson DVDs (in private), they shouldn't be forced to trade in their bacon barms for halal organic fairfrade vegan falafel wraps and we should support their right to publically state some gobby teenage Scando (who's definitely not worth a 'look who's 18 now!" feature in The Sun) should be violated with an axe.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Give and take?

The 'right' need to accept young Jacob defining as Zero Zero Strong Bred Flower, they should get used to those Rainbow bannered cavorting in the streets and openly indulging in direct urine drinking whilst surrounded by a gang filming and cock-rubbing. That Somalian immigrants should be given priority in the job market lest they lapse into piracy. The 'right' need to come to terms with the idea their foreman in future will probably resemble this guy...

20210209-090657.jpg

In return 'the left' should leave 'the right' to continue to enjoy their Chubby Brown and Jim Davidson DVDs (in private), they shouldn't be forced to trade in their bacon barms for halal organic fairfrade vegan falafel wraps and we should support their right to publically state some gobby teenage Scando (who's definitely not worth a 'look who's 18 now!" feature in The Sun) should be violated with an axe.

McEwans export gives me a rotten arse, by the way.

Carry on.

Unless your arse needs refurbishing then no booze should fuck your sewage works up alone.

A good healthy bowl of Bran Flakes in the morning sees me right as rain - I'll do a 650g box in five days, then go on porridge for four.

Could set my watch by my movements, and my turds could be used by Quality Control at Mars.

I'll be fucked when normality resumes as my bomb bay is strictly set for noon and midnight release at the mo...

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Spider said:

Tinpot retailer complaining about Brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55997641

I gave up when I read his comments about importing from a third country then into the EU meaning its not free trade. 

Don't know what he thought would happen: the EU has tariffs with some countries. They therefore cannot allow a back door for these countries to export to the EU and not pay what's due.

Rules of origin and all that.

Perhaps once we're in the new bloc, we may receive imports from these places at a lower price than we do currently and that's the benefit.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I gave up when I read his comments about importing from a third country then into the EU meaning its not free trade. 

Don't know what he thought would happen: the EU has tariffs with some countries. They therefore cannot allow a back door for these countries to export to the EU and not pay what's due.

Rules of origin and all that.

Perhaps once we're in the new bloc, we may receive imports from these places at a lower price than we do currently and that's the benefit.

"Big company doesn't pay what's due"

Amazon wrote the book.