Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 hours ago, boltondiver said:

They could reapply to join a far more successful union

Welcome them with open arms, just been on news about vaccine roll out there it’s non existent, perhaps we should send some to get them started and begin the process of allowing them to join the United Kingdom. We can’t change the flag though. 🇬🇧 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Welcome them with open arms, just been on news about vaccine roll out there it’s non existent, perhaps we should send some to get them started and begin the process of allowing them to join the United Kingdom. We can’t change the flag though. 🇬🇧 

They can buy NI off us for years supply of Guinness.

How are the two stories linked? Out of interest? Other than they happen to be supermarkets, albeit with vastly differing strategies currently  

yoyve a good knowledge of the acquisition of asda and the strategy around that I assume? It’s all there go to the bottom And have a read. Quite interesting stuff really. 

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

How are the two stories linked? Out of interest? Other than they happen to be supermarkets, albeit with vastly differing strategies currently  

yoyve a good knowledge of the acquisition of asda and the strategy around that I assume? It’s all there go to the bottom And have a read. Quite interesting stuff really. 

Is your post laced with irony today or is it all serious?

Just so I know how to respond, really. :-)

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

It’s just a post.  Not serious nor ironic. Just a post. And a pointer to some good info. 

Ok

The 2 stories are linked because they are both supermarkets.

I was attempting to temper some grim news by tying it to some good news.

That is to say, these redundancies may be largely offset by the news that Aldi are opening up more stores/jobs.

I'd have thought that didn't need explaining to an intelligent chap like your good self.

Much more of this, and I'm calling it a day at 28,500 posts.

39 minutes ago, Spider said:

When do all them new Aldis open?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56185236

Don't they actually hope there will be a net gain in those employed jobs eventually? - stop being such a negative nelly

Anyway, shouldn't those who lose their jobs surely just make the most of the fantastic opportunity to retrain in something else via an apprenticeship scheme

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

Ok

The 2 stories are linked because they are both supermarkets.

I was attempting to temper some grim news by tying it to some good news.

That is to say, these redundancies may be largely offset by the news that Aldi are opening up more stores/jobs.

I'd have thought that didn't need explaining to an intelligent chap like your good self.

Much more of this, and I'm calling it a day at 28,500 posts.

It’s grim news indeed and tbh the areas they are shedding jobs won’t be in the same areas in the main as Aldi’s potential recruitment. 

asda is being broken up to pay for the acquisition. Most of the job losses I think they are forecasting will be replaced by new jobs in online grocery so you would hope a lot will find new positions 

10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It’s grim news indeed and tbh the areas they are shedding jobs won’t be in the same areas in the main as Aldi’s potential recruitment. 

asda is being broken up to pay for the acquisition. Most of the job losses I think they are forecasting will be replaced by new jobs in online grocery so you would hope a lot will find new positions 

Fuck the ginger puff mate, Wee Nippy's keks are being pulled down again today......she is shithot at being a gravedigger.

5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Fuck the ginger puff mate, Wee Nippy's keks are being pulled down again today......she is shithot at being a gravedigger.

I watched old Ruth giving her a going over before Jackie Bailey jumped in as well. Then I had to focus on keeping the wheels of the economy turning to support all the lazy work shy cunts sat at home. 

but what I saw made pleasant viewing. I still believe she will get away with it in reality as I think old eck will miraculously not appear with a brown envelope slipped to him somewhere 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Are the 2 stories connected? Esco will want to know.

Otherwise, it's all deflection and misplaced boombastics.

37 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I watched old Ruth giving her a going over before Jackie Bailey jumped in as well. Then I had to focus on keeping the wheels of the economy turning to support all the lazy work shy cunts sat at home. 

eh?

• Site Supporter

Some of the footage of her yesterday was quite familiar. 

When asked a question; she dismissed it out of hand, launched personal insults, cried conspiracy and even laughed a little as if the question was peurile. 

Bluff and bluster maybe.

Now then, she could be right, but evidence suggests there is a hell of a lot for her and her colleagues to answer.

Perverse as it may be, she's increasingly resembling Trump.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Some of the footage of her yesterday was quite familiar. 

When asked a question; she dismissed it out of hand, launched personal insults, cried conspiracy and even laughed a little as if the question was peurile. 

Bluff and bluster maybe.

Now then, she could be right, but evidence suggests there is a hell of a lot for her and her colleagues to answer.

Perverse as it may be, she's increasingly resembling Trump.

She is fucked now mate.....even Gonzo gets a mention on the link as the Fist Minister 👊 😀 

https://yoursforscotlandcom.wordpress.com/2021/02/25/jim-sillars-lodges-formal-complaint-against-the-first-minister/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

22 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Pity the bbc ticker can't reflect the full story. Just reading that 3000 jobs are going.

Asda is shit anyway; fuck em.

Vauxhall is the one to watch for bad news. First PSA then a merger with fiat/chrysler.

Something likely to give somewhere. 

You're right Asda is shit, so fuck them, and anybody who works for them

Vauxhall has been teetering on the edge for years, they'll eventually shut the Luton facility down, there's no doubt about that, but i think that was always on the cards, not really anything to do with Brexit. Still, it's a fantastic opportunity for all the workers to go an get an apprenticeship elsewhere and learn new skills

• Site Supporter

A funny one this. On occasions, at Downing Street briefings, Boris et al have been asked non-pandemic related questions, and have generally answered them. However answers have been brief and of "straight bat" nature.

This lady, however has turned full circle. 

I saw a clip last night of the two fish hugging at some event or other, and she didn't look particularly comfortable. I reckon, like the new American leader, he might he quite a tactile chap, but that isn't an offence in itself.

Perhaps it was the inner rug muncher being repulsed. :)

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Vauxhall has been teetering on the edge for years, they'll eventually shut the Luton facility down, there's no doubt about that, but i think that was always on the cards, not really anything to do with Brexit. Still, it's a fantastic opportunity for all the workers to go an get an apprenticeship elsewhere and learn new skills

Redundancy and misery = Opportunity 

It just means no holidays for a few years or anything approaching a decent standard of living.

But why should the plastic chair dwellers of the Costas care about that?

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Redundancy and misery = Opportunity 

It just means no holidays for a few years or anything approaching a decent standard of living.

But why should the plastic chair dwellers of the Costas care about that?

They shouldn't, remember, it's everyman for himself these days  - there will be winners and losers, if you're a winner then that's great, if you're a loser then it's either tough shit or an opportunity to learn a new skill (depending on how you see it personally)

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Skills very readily transferable you would imagine, and with new initiatives to help with any necessary retraining, opportunities will be there.

No doubt there will be mass media doom and gloom, and several thousand people suddenly developing mental health issues because that's what they're told will happen. Lots of folk on social media will make tenuous links and silly jibes to no great effect.

Meanwhile, odd ball that he is, Elon Musk will continue his pioneering approach the the future of cars, and the more sustainable concept of keeping a vehicle for longer and just replacing its battery. Other visionary entrepreneurs will find novel approaches to the green future and the natural shift of jobs will continue as it always has.

2 hours ago, Spider said:

Are the 2 stories connected? Esco will want to know.

Otherwise, it's all deflection and misplaced boombastics.

Yes......because Nippy is like you......obsessed with the EU, despises anything decent to come out of  Brexit or England, a whining ginger cunt and will never give credit for it......BOOM BOOM BOOM....The perfect twat trick

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Pity the bbc ticker can't reflect the full story. Just reading that 3000 jobs are going.

Asda is shit anyway; fuck em.

Vauxhall is the one to watch for bad news. First PSA then a merger with fiat/chrysler.

Something likely to give somewhere. 

On the positive side there’s Shit loads of Jobs being created in the online departments at most other supermarkets including Asda

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, royal white said:

On the positive side there’s Shit loads of Jobs being created in the online departments at most other supermarkets including Asda

Aye, that's what I was getting at- the full article was balanced. The news channel just has a ticker of doom on it.

Anyway, what are you doing at the moment? Looking at a career change last time weren't you?