Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Yes......because Nippy is like you......obsessed with the EU, despises anything decent to come out of  Brexit or England, a whining ginger cunt and will never give credit for it......BOOM BOOM BOOM....The perfect twat trick

Obsessed you say.

Well, you (quite literally) started the thread. You are the top poster in this thread by over 700 posts and I'm not even in the top 5. Survey saaaaays: BOOM

I voted Brexit and am desperate for it to succeed since my livelihood and that of my children depend on it. Survey saaaaays: BOOM

I am a flaxen-haired, pure blood Anglo Saxon. Survey saaaaays: BOOM

I await your booms. But this time, make them count. A poor start to your evening - 2/10. Skill Level: English batsman.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Welcome them with open arms, just been on news about vaccine roll out there it’s non existent, perhaps we should send some to get them started and begin the process of allowing them to join the United Kingdom. We can’t change the flag though. 🇬🇧 

Wouldn’t need change, Ireland is already represented on that flag by virtue of the St Patrick’s cross and on the Royal standard by the harp . 

not that I see re joining the uk as a possibility in a million years like , more likely the north leaving than that I’d say , but, who knows how the demographics will change over the years , but, there’s ready made flags for both eventualities in any case and there are some who would want closer ties to uk as an equal rather than to the Eu, that’s true , but re joining the uk won’t happen 

13 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Wouldn’t need change, Ireland is already represented on that flag by virtue of the St Patrick’s cross and on the Royal standard by the harp . 

not that I see re joining the uk as a possibility in a million years like , more likely the north leaving than that I’d say , but, who knows how the demographics will change over the years , but, there’s ready made flags for both eventualities in any case and there are some who would want closer ties to uk as an equal rather than to the Eu, that’s true , but re joining the uk won’t happen 

It was tongue in cheek, think there’s been to much trouble caused by U.K. in Ireland to allow it to ever happen.  

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It was tongue in cheek, think there’s been to much trouble caused by U.K. in Ireland to allow it to ever happen.  

Even though it would be great for all parties

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

In your opinion which I respect of course. But I don’t see any reason why they should be in the uk. 

Only if they want to be, of course!

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I certainly wouldn’t vote them in. Mounts point before about the trouble the uk caused I thought was slightly lop sided also. 

Lop sided? How come? 
I think it was a good reason as to why what he was saying was right , too much history, and very complex history and relationship, but would be genuinely interested in why you don’t think that ? 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

We are all cousins in these islands

Indeed , intrinsically linked for millennia , issues of politics, religion and subjugation only a relatively recent issue in the grand scheme of things. 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye, that's what I was getting at- the full article was balanced. The news channel just has a ticker of doom on it.

Anyway, what are you doing at the moment? Looking at a career change last time weren't you?

Yep, looking at starting on a gas engineers course at the end of March. Last stint working away next week then a couple of weeks off before I start.

Looks like I’m going to have to start working for a living from now on. 

5 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Lop sided? How come? 
I think it was a good reason as to why what he was saying was right , too much history, and very complex history and relationship, but would be genuinely interested in why you don’t think that ? 

Because I don’t perceive from history the Uk was responsible for all the trouble it’s as simple as that. Are we saying the IRA and their actions were the fault of the UK?

i agree it’s incredibly complex and incendiary as well and it’s a highly emotive subject over there. I love going over to Ireland both north and south of the border and have some very good friends particularly in the south. But it’s a topic we simply don’t talk about as it’s never going to happen and will just lead to argument. 

but I still believe to cite the UK as the root cause of all the trouble is an imbalanced view. 

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

We are all cousins in these islands

Be lovely if everyone could see it that way.

Unfortunately, sectarianism is a stronger force than any snowflakey view of arms across the Irish Sea.

There’s absolutely no way anything like this would get past the republicans.

You could offer to exhume Thatcher and have her corpse driven behind a truck up and down the Falls Road as part of a deal and the answer would still be no.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Escobarp said:

Because I don’t perceive from history the Uk was responsible for all the trouble it’s as simple as that. Are we saying the IRA and their actions were the fault of the UK?

i agree it’s incredibly complex and incendiary as well and it’s a highly emotive subject over there. I love going over to Ireland both north and south of the border and have some very good friends particularly in the south. But it’s a topic we simply don’t talk about as it’s never going to happen and will just lead to argument. 

but I still believe to cite the UK as the root cause of all the trouble is an imbalanced view. 

Fair enough, but I don’t think mounts did cite them for all the trouble, he said they’d caused too much , which is a fair assessment, from a perspectives of why the people wouldn’t want to re join the uk. 

there is a reason , in fact many different and complex reasons too why people wanted Ireland to be independent ( long before the IRA even was a thing) and it wasn’t because they felt they were being treated too well . 

3 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Fair enough, but I don’t think mounts did cite them for all the trouble, he said they’d caused too much , which is a fair assessment, from a perspectives of why the people wouldn’t want to re join the uk. 

there is a reason , in fact many different and complex reasons too why people wanted Ireland to be independent ( long before the IRA even was a thing) and it wasn’t because they felt they were being treated too well . 

I’m certainly not trying to make out that the UK didn’t play their part in the troubles if that’s how it came across I can only say that wasn’t my intention. 

My cousin served in NI before he got kicked out the army and he tells some awful stories  

there will be various reasons why people on both sides of the border would be against it and also across generations there will be big differences.  

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m certainly not trying to make out that the UK didn’t play their part in the troubles if that’s how it came across I can only say that wasn’t my intention. 

My cousin served in NI before he got kicked out the army and he tells some awful stories  

there will be various reasons why people on both sides of the border would be against it and also across generations there will be big differences.  

Big issue would be having to prop up Ireland we’ve already got our hands full propping up the other home nations. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Big issue would be having to prop up Ireland we’ve already got our hands full propping up the other home nations. 

Yeah, we don't need any more scroungers like, err... the north west of England.

Fact is, there are only 3 areas of the UK in surplus tax wise and as expected it is London, the SE and E of England. All the rest are in deficit. You know the worst? Yep, us scroungers in the NW of England.

Well, according to this anyway...

FactCheckNI-089-UK-Net-Contributors-Figu