Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Spider said:

They’re paid for by us.

Alas, that means they have to be squeaky clean

Yes.

Does that mean however, that any company that a minister may have a business interest in CANNOT bid for any government contracts?

Similarly mps?

Then you may be looking at restriction of trade etc.

So long as bids are won fairly, and go through the proper rules then no problem for me.

It's interesting that his 15% gifted stake in his sister's company is being used. That company won a contract with the Welsh government (nowt to do with uk government) which is a labour one!

The "lifespan" for many mps is short and its understandable that they will have business interests away from parliament. One of the accusations thrown at mps is that they often lack real world experience, so is it that bad that they have some business contacts.

Clearly an overall review wouldn't go amiss, but unless you ban mps from having any at all during and for a period afterwards - all with its associated compensatory requirements- then it won't change. 

For me, ensuring that interests are revealed and any contracts gone through official procedures is the realistic way to approach the matter. Otherwise they may be hidden away, with less scrutiny and accountability. 

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

You think that anybody who Labour appeals to isn't a decent person? 

Sorry, I was being flippant.

I do think that Labour aren't appealing/reaching out to normal, decent, middle of the road, hard-working folks (aside of those who will always vote Labour)

That's a better definition.

At the heart of those currently driving Labour is a nastiness.

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Sorry, I was being flippant.

I do think that Labour aren't appealing/reaching out to normal, decent, middle of the road, hard-working folks (aside of those who will always vote Labour)

That's a better definition.

At the heart of those currently driving Labour is a nastiness.

If agree with that one! 😁

Maybe not the last line though. I don't think Keir Starmer is nasty.

11 minutes ago, kent_white said:

If agree with that one! 😁

Maybe not the last line though. I don't think Keir Starmer is nasty.

I don’t think he’s charge of the culture as yet. He’s (probably) a reasonable person. I haven’t looked much into his history as yet.

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Surely you can write off the last election? Corbyn isn’t a serious opponent is he? Unelectable. It’s on Labour to get someone who is, they appear to be failing thus far.

Said before I reckon it'll all depend on how COVID pans out next couple of months. We're a one issue country at the moment - unless you're Scottish.

And it's also difficult to assess how Brexit has affected the economy. That's the biggy for me!

47 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Said before I reckon it'll all depend on how COVID pans out next couple of months. We're a one issue country at the moment - unless you're Scottish.

And it's also difficult to assess how Brexit has affected the economy. That's the biggy for me!

The brexit that labour refused to take a stance on? That one? 

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Well, I get what you are trying to say, you're just articulating it badly.

Feel free to articulate it better for me.

5 hours ago, boltondiver said:

I don’t think he’s charge of the culture as yet. He’s (probably) a reasonable person. I haven’t looked much into his history as yet.

Yet ignored Boris's?

Ah it's good to be back🙂

Edited by mickbrown

Did Mick the Frown forget this too ? Not to mention 32 Labour councillors and MPs currently under investigation for fraud ?

Shall we mention Liverpool, housing fraud, Abbott's son, the woman MP jailed, voter fraud and many more 😳 

The Liebour list is endless too

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9199829/amp/Unite-union-paid-firm-owned-leader-Len-McLuskeys-friend-95-million-7m-hotel-project.html?__twitter_impression=true

Labour’s traditional voting base, you know, the council house estate resident and white van man (I’ve been both) have been marginalised by the middle class types with a guilt conscience. 
As I said last night, many have moved and voted for a party they feel more comfortable with. 
Labour, in its current form, will never get into power.

Instead of constantly criticising a party that was voted into power, probably due to the lack of a credible alternative, criticise the alternative.

Just now, mickbrown said:

What's that got to do with Boris being a cunt?

Anyroad, I've decided I'm no longer getting involved in your mental shit. So crack on son, I aint playing🙂

So, you don't allow others to have an opinion especially when it involves the equally corrupt scum you vote for ? You're poor Mick ,so much for free speech old bean 😉 

No longer getting involved ? Looks like it was too much for you getting drubbed every time. No wonder you folded like Labour 

Job done, another mug beaten. I shall enjoy the wine and sunshine now 🌞 🍷 

16 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

'Researching' with the Daily Mail🙂🙂🙂

Fucking comedian 🙂

You said that last night re twitter and I walloped you with bidstats.

Pray tell me Mr Brown, are those facts from the Mail not facts ? If they are,lies...which we both know they're not, why hasn't Champagne Len sued them for libel ? 🤔

All the other facts are available on police websites, court listings etc and many other papers such as the Guardian much to your dismay.