Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Wizzing up the West Coast at 100 MPH with tunes blasting in your ears and supping ale and seeing some of the finest scenery in England is good enough for me.

Fair enough but surely to get to Barrow from Leigh you are catching buses, slow trains and connections?

23 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Fair enough but surely to get to Barrow from Leigh you are catching buses, slow trains and connections?

No, not  really. A bus every 12 mins from Leigh to Pie eater land and jump on the direct Manc Airport to Barra train.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, leigh white said:

No, not  really. A bus every 12 mins from Leigh to Pie eater land and jump on the direct Manc Airport to Barra train.

If you text Boris and ask nicely, he’ll build you a direct line from Leigh to Mallorca if you want one.

Just drop him a text, Bosh.

16 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

You've probably already seen this Mick 👍

Cycled from Wigan to Worsley yesterday via the canal and few of those images are fresh in my mind, the changes in my lifetime are unbelievable particulary around the Wigan flashes and the old Bickershaw colliery, where they are building around the Marina.      

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Just had the London Mayor leaflet through, its fantastic. There are some right loon bags wanting my vote - makes Lawerence Fox look normal.

Although my favourite is UKIP who lead with the tagline 'Vote GAMMONS for London Mayor' as they have Peter Gammons as their candidate. I think he might have got the nod because of his surname.

There's one who doesn't have a party - just Brian for Mayor. He's going to build 50,000 affordable homes by Christmas apparently.

Edited by Not in Crawley

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

There's one who doesn't have a party - just Brian for Mayor. He's going to build 50,000 affordable homes by Christmas apparently.

He must be The Messiah, then

5 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Just had the London Mayor leaflet through, its fantastic. There are some right loon bags wanting my vote - makes Lawerence Fox look normal.

Although my favourite is UKIP who lead with the tagline 'Vote GAMMONS for London Mayor' as they have Peter Gammons as their candidate. I think he might have got the nod because of his surname.

Lawrence Fox and Peter Gammons are apparently polling at around 1% of the vote the same as Count Binface.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

We should eat more bunnies though- lean, plentiful and with a lower carbon footprint than beef.

Had Rabbit once. It’s the only meat I can’t stand. Probably because I had a little white one when I was young. Boris eats one for breakfast, every day, raw! I saw it on Twitter.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Had Rabbit once. It’s the only meat I can’t stand. Probably because I had a little white one when I was young. Boris eats one for breakfast, every day, raw! I saw it on Twitter.

Had it in France, and over here once. Not overly enamoured but might have been my recipe/cooking. Don't get much for your money neither.