Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Sorry mate but if it was a choice between feeding my kids and going to the pub I would feed the kids. Sorry if you disagree with that 

Lighten up mate 😄 you're putting words in my mouth.

Folk using foodbanks and FSMs are allowed to have some drinks with their mates. Who the fuck are any of us to say otherwise or judge em. 

Those consistently choosing drugs and alcohol over properly looking after their kids need them taken away and a stint in rehab. Goes without saying. 

1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

Lighten up mate 😄 you're putting words in my mouth.

Folk using foodbanks and FSMs are allowed to have some drinks with their mates. Who the fuck are any of us to say otherwise or judge em. 

Those consistently choosing drugs and alcohol over properly looking after their kids need them taken away and a stint in rehab. Goes without saying. 

And it was the latter I was referring  to as you well know. 

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Ah well the context of the original post could be applied to either. 

Hope all is well with you fella. 

I like to think you , unlike some, have paid attention to my posts on this very topic. I hold the matter very dearly and see real struggles mate.

im well mate and hope you are also 

12 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I like to think you , unlike some, have paid attention to my posts on this very topic. I hold the matter very dearly and see real struggles mate.

im well mate and hope you are also 

Yes I get that and knew that's what you meant. But to be fair the post wasn't written by you (or was it)?, which is why I had a dig at it. 

Just now, London Wanderer said:

Yes I get that and knew that's what you meant. But to be fair the post wasn't written by you (or was it)?, which is why I had a dig at it. 

It wasn’t me no. But I knew it would get a reaction.

As with anything in reality , one size doesn’t fit all. 

• Site Supporter

I must admire Boris

Now we all know you can just drop him a text message and he’ll sort you out, if your face fits (ie, your face is a billionaire one), he’s defended himself by blaming Cummings for leaking the texts.

Thats his defence. He shouldn’t have been grassed up is his defence.

Popularity rating will no doubt increase again.

As far as his supporters are concerned, He could squash his semi-flaccid penis into the eye sockets of their recently dead grandparents and he’d still get a round of applause and a new hat.

Remarkable.

Edited by Spider

35 minutes ago, Spider said:

I must admire Boris

Now we all know you can just drop him a text message and he’ll sort you out, if your face fits (ie, your face is a billionaire one), he’s defended himself by blaming Cummings for leaking the texts.

As far as his supporters are concerned, He could squash his semi-flaccid penis into the eye sockets of their recently dead grandparents and he’d still get a round of applause and a new hat.

Remarkable.

Not when you look at the opposition. It’s as simple as that.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Spider said:

I must admire Boris

Remarkable.

What a load of screeching nonsense. At the beginning of all this NiC was his usual self and telling all it was the responsibility of the government to protect us. Actually he was correct.

In doing so the pm (and no doubt many other officials) approached companies for help. One such company is Dyson: renowned for innovation. Makes absolute sense.

The bloke then asks for protection for his workers from being taxed twice. Perfectly reasonable request.

From what the bbc said, the changes to facilitate this went through parliament, so it was in the public domain.

If your lot had re purposed some of your engineering capacity to make ventilators, who knows you may have been enjoying socially distanced lunches on the lawns of no 10 by now.

You could have used that time to expedite your copper deliveries. Opportunity missed there.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What a load of screeching nonsense. At the beginning of all this NiC was his usual self and telling all it was the responsibility of the government to protect us. Actually he was correct.

In doing so the pm (and no doubt many other officials) approached companies for help. One such company is Dyson: renowned for innovation. Makes absolute sense.

The bloke then asks for protection for his workers from being taxed twice. Perfectly reasonable request.

From what the bbc said, the changes to facilitate this went through parliament, so it was in the public domain.

If your lot had re purposed some of your engineering capacity to make ventilators, who knows you may have been enjoying socially distanced lunches on the lawns of no 10 by now.

You could have used that time to expedite your copper deliveries. Opportunity missed there.

They did ask, and it was a bit like asking a bloke in an ice cream van to start making guitars.

My issue isn’t Dyson. Though let’s not forget that we still manufacture here in Blighty whilst he has sweatshops avoiding tax the world over. Good Old Mr Brexit 

No, my issue is that Boris was only moaning about Cummings releasing the transcripts. He’s got a fair few things right has Bojo, especially the vaccine programme, but as ever there lurks in the background a clear ease of access to senior figures in the government if your face fits.

Boris never texted our owner

Edited by Spider

22 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

So when we wanted ventilators asap, the Government decided to ask Dyson who makes overpriced hoovers and dryers and has no background in manufacturing medical equipment.

The fact he is a Tory Party donor obviously has no bearing on things.

Probably because they knew they could make them quickly. Same with the other contacts they've given out. What if they didn't and we were in a situation similar to India or even France. You'd then be asking why didn't the government use its contacts to help out.

• Site Supporter
Just now, wanderer1984 said:

Probably because they knew they could make them quickly. Same with the other contacts they've given out. What if they didn't and we were in a situation similar to India or even France. You'd then be asking why didn't the government use its contacts to help out.

Good point.

Hancock immediately gave his local pub landlord a massive contract for PPE.

Pulling pints and making surgical wear go hand in glove, if you’ll forgive the pun.

Its what we’d all have done.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Make them quickly? How many did his company make then?

I have no issue at all throwing money at the problem but if you need a piano making quickly you don't rock up at fucking DFS.

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

They did ask, and it was a bit like asking a bloke in an ice cream van to start making guitars.

My issue isn’t Dyson. Though let’s not forget that we still manufacture here in Blighty whilst he has sweatshops avoiding tax the world over. Good Old Mr Brexit 

Years before championing Brexit, Dyson was also getting his knickers in a twist about the Euro, and was pushing for the UK to join that. With regards to moving his manufacturing to Malaysia, I don't blame him at all, as it is lower cost labour, we'll never be able to do that sort of manufacturing in this country, it's just not possible.

With regards to the ventilators, as some of you know, I was involved in a bit of that. Dyson did come up with a solution, but it was several times more expensive (over 400% more expensive I recall) and not as good as some of the projects that I supplied to. As a company, Dyson spent around, from memory, £25M on developing their ventilator, and due to the price and the fact it was utterly shit, it was never even considered for production. So, he actually lost quite a lot of money on that gig, and as far as I'm aware he didn't take any Government money for the R&D costs, which I know a few other companies did, even though they also didn't produce anything, so fair play to him for that.