Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The moggster is correct, i saw a smiling cod the other day and he was happy as Larry 🐡😊

The funny thing is that cod is bland as fuck, absolutely no taste at all. If we didn't cover it in lovely batter, we'd never go anywhere near it.

22 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

@paulhanley

Great piece by Charles Moore today.

Yep. Eviscerating the BBC again. How often are the BBC going to misread the public mood? 

Last weeks column was good too - Commonwealth War Graves Commission. The pay-off being that the general population has now got the number  of the wokeists and there's no way back. 

Let's see what Janet Daly makes of it all tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Yep. Eviscerating the BBC again. How often are the BBC going to misread the public mood? 

Last weeks column was good too - Commonwealth War Graves Commission. The pay-off being that the general population has now got the number  of the wokeists and there's no way back. 

Let's see what Janet Daly makes of it all tomorrow.

What are you blathering about?

36 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

The weekly drivel and dribble of Lord Snooty of the Gammons, behind a paywall.

Strange thing is I am acquainted with some washed crusty AnarchoSyndicalMungBean types who equate the BBC with the RMVP.

Dunno who Janet Daly is, if she writes for the Telegraph she's probably a hatefilled old witch whose gingerbread house has thus far failed to ensnare any lost children.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Charles Moore writing in the Spectator (arf) is basically saying that Boris should be allowed to say whatever the fuck he likes and not have the BBC calling him out as a publicly funded body.

As screeching goes, it’s better than anything you’ll see from anyone on this website. The deflection and teeth gritting is audible as you read each paragraph.

Most amusing.

Doesn’t mention fish. For obvious reasons.

• Site Supporter

Indeed

Charles Moore is probably the type that even Mogg finds slightly distasteful, yet a necessary cheerleader for the swarming masses of middle classers desperately trying to kick each other in the face as they scramble up the social ladder.

Marina Hyde is a much more accomplished writer. She’s actually witty.

You'd think all the nouveau-gauche aspirationals would be too busy to read anything this weekend. Too preoccupied with skipping all their John Lewis kit and poring over Olyvya Oxazepam pattern books and Lulu Mackeson-Stout swatches...

24 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Fish barbecues, no fucker does them.

End of story.

After a sea fishing trip I wrapped a full cod in foil with herbs and olive oil and left it on the dying embers.

It was bloody beautiful but everyone was too full of cheap bangers to enjoy it... I had some good pack ups that week!

• Site Supporter

In fact, Moore wrote this sparkling piece yesterday that tackles the type of issue that will have his readers blaming Kier Starmer, somehow

The lack of rain, the cold east wind and beautiful sun have been the same for us in rural southern England every day this month, with a frost almost every night. I wonder if these conditions explain why, for the first time in my life, I have not heard a cuckoo in April.

24 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Thanks both for the synopsis.

I shall now retire to my liberal woke chamber. I've bought new cushions and everything.

You can cry your "progressive" tears in to them at the current opinion polls and the results of the May 6 elections. All those people who disagree with you. Barbarians.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

You can cry your "progressive" tears in to them at the current opinion polls and the results of the May 6 elections. All those people who disagree with you. Barbarians.

😊😊😊

Barbarians.

Screeeeeeech

37 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Charles goes on and on and on - until he starts frothing at the mouth and falling over.

To the delight of the prematurely aged (and actually aged) reactionaries that comprise his readership.

"Because half-a-dozen grasshoppers under a fern make the field ring with their importunate chink, whilst thousands of great cattle, reposed beneath the shadow of the British oak, chew the cud and are silent, pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field."

Edmund Burke (no doubt he was 'prematurely aged' when he wrote that. If he held conservative views he must have done. Clearly).

Polling stations open on Thursday. One person one vote. Even the prematurely aged and people who don't share your world view are allowed to vote. So wrong.

Edited by paulhanley

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

Liverpool have more fans than Bolton. Always will.

I know where I’m happiest.

To win elections you need to be humble enough to listen to what millions of people think and come up with policies that engage with those views. Tony Blair and Harold Wilson knew this.

However that's clearly not where you are at your happiest. That approach won't win you elections. But as long as you're happy that's OK.

The peasants are revolting, listen to them and we'd have public hanging back by August Bank Holiday.

Vote for what on May 6th? Mayor of Greater Manchester? I believe in neither concept so shall abstain.

Anyhow, the grasshoppers had the last laugh - they flew off to plunder another wheatfield and later had a martial arts hero and several Dutch hash cafes named for them.

The docile domesticated chattel were '...led by a ringe throughe ther nose for a bolte to the heade and too be minced into Olde Rosse Gryllstakes.'

© Thomas Paine esq. 1492ad.

35 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Not sure I'll have to, looks like I'll get the mayor I will vote for.

Anyway, why so angry?

8 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Vote for what on May 6th? Mayor of Greater Manchester? I believe in neither concept so shall abstain

Indeed

Let's not be so dismissive, let's listen to one of the millions of contemplative cud-chewers, stood under British oak (I truly hope there isn't a thunderstorm brewing, a few hundred thousand being culled by lightning strike would be awful...)

Here goes.

Screenshot-2021-05-01-12-55-00-1.png

"I'D LIKE TO HEAR THE SOUND OF TWO BRICKS, BEING BASHED TOGEVVER."

Well, quite...

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Let's not be so dismissive, let's listen to one of the millions of contemplative cud-chewers, stood under British oak (I truly hope there isn't a thunderstorm brewing, a few hundred thousand being culled by lightning strike would be awful...)

Here goes.

Screenshot-2021-05-01-12-55-00-1.png

"I'D LIKE TO HEAR THE SOUND OF TWO BRICKS, BEING BASHED TOGEVVER."

Well, quite...

Thanks. I was wondering what to make of Paul’s reference (albeit sourced elsewhere, rather unimaginatively I thought) to fields full of cows and grasshoppers.

I guess he sees himself as a larger and, therefore, superior being - loitering sluggishly in the meadow, waiting dutifully for his human betters to come along and tell him what to do and where to go, before milking his aching udders.

But not before taking the chance to dump a large pat of dung on the noisy, inferior insects. That’ll show them. And yes, the meadow will be full of them once more on his return from the dairy, but another squirt of manure will remind them of their place on life’s ladder.

Its a curious and telling metaphor.

Edited by Spider