Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

Pretty sure they said £480 every day for 9 years.

That works out at £1576800.

Click on the Financial Year part, the button on the right brings the individual years up.

It is a hefty amount over the years but I've not worked it out to the penny. Substantial though.

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Click on the Financial Year part, the button on the right brings the individual years up.

It is a hefty amount over the years but I've not worked it out to the penny. Substantial though.

Fucking loads. Be interesting to see other London based MPs. Imagine a chunk of that will be staff salaries?

Just now, mickbrown said:

Fucking loads. Be interesting to see other London based MPs. Imagine a chunk of that will be staff salaries?

I know he did claim for some daft things, pretty sure his phone calls and leafleting one year got  him into trouble as did renting a house out 3 miles from his own and claiming for it, something like that.

11 minutes ago, Spider said:

@wanderer1984 Can you see if Juicy Moist Lucy is available for comment please?

Only, she’s made you look a right wallop, so you could do with getting her on.

Screenshot-2021-05-03-21-05-46-1.png

If this ^ is 'Lucy' - it's actually a geezer...

For some reason 'right-wing' middle-aged angry gammon flag-shagging veterans of both World Wars (in spirit) make Twitter accounts fronted by random pictures of attractive women to post and retweet claptrap.

It's a bit like cults send out their most attractive members 'flirty-fishing' - except they actually exist.

5 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Screenshot-2021-05-03-21-05-46-1.png

If this ^ is 'Lucy' - it's actually a geezer...

For some reason 'right-wing' middle-aged angry gammon flag-shagging veterans of both World Wars (in spirit) make Twitter accounts fronted by random pictures of attractive women to post and retweet claptrap.

It's a bit like cults send out their most attractive members 'flirty-fishing' - except they actually exist.

Well that's most disappointing.

3 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Not really. Typically overlooking the the main point of the tweet. You're happy to back those with such views.

FFS, it takes one simple search. 

Shah was re-elected as the MP for Bradford West at the 2019 general election with a majority of 27,019. On 1 October 2020, pro-Brexit group Leave.EU apologised and paid damages for libel to Shah after they made a social media post which accused her of being a "grooming gangs apologist".

6 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Not really. Typically overlooking the the main point of the tweet. You're happy to back those with such views.

Do you honestly reckon Naz Shah liked that tweet intentionally?

I mean you'd have to admit that she must have realised it would be potential career suicide. I can't imagine for one minute that she sat there and thought - "hmmm yes on balance I think it would be a great idea to like this tweet". Even if that is what she thinks. Which I can't imagine that it is. 

3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Do you honestly reckon Naz Shah liked that tweet intentionally?

I mean you'd have to admit that she must have realised it would be potential career suicide. I can't imagine for one minute that she sat there and thought - "hmmm yes on balance I think it would be a great idea to like this tweet". Even if that is what she thinks. Which I can't imagine that it is. 

In fact you don't have to answer that - it's all here!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naz_Shah

38 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

FFS, it takes one simple search. 

Shah was re-elected as the MP for Bradford West at the 2019 general election with a majority of 27,019. On 1 October 2020, pro-Brexit group Leave.EU apologised and paid damages for libel to Shah after they made a social media post which accused her of being a "grooming gangs apologist".

Ffs. Thats.a.lie. 

1 minute ago, wanderer1984 said:

Ffs. Thats.a.lie. 

Listen, if you want to vote on faith go ahead, thats down to you and your call. At times, it's the best we can do to be fair.

But, if not, do some simple fact checking first. Each one of the twitter facts you posted were based on disinformation to feed you nonsense. Whatever side of your politics, the thing about the truth is that it doesn't care who you have faith in.

Perhaps (fake news)?

Surely manufacturing more or less everywhere, including the UK, slumped to record lows during the early days of Covid-19 and lockdowns, shielding etc.

This would pave the way for the unprecedented rates of growth over the past 11 months - as places re-open, furlough/wfh implemented etc.

The same data should be analysed over say 24 months, to see whether the 'growth' is actually a recovery?

I'm past giving a fuck about Brexit, I just think the 11 month period cited is a bit dubious.

Edited by Youri McAnespie