Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

@Jol_BWFC

Is it today our bet ends ?

Right, let's see you put your money where your keyboard mouth is 😃 

Fancy a double or quits for charity in the boxing ring ? I will travel to you, just name the venue.

In fact, if you do have balls, I will make it £500 to you if you win......How's that sound ? 👊 

25 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

@Jol_BWFC

Is it today our bet ends ?

Right, let's see you put your money where your keyboard mouth is 😃 

Fancy a double or quits for charity in the boxing ring ? I will travel to you, just name the venue.

In fact, if you do have balls, I will make it £500 to you if you win......How's that sound ? 👊 

Please repost details of the bet, @miamiwhite

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Is that Phil Spector?

Philomena Spectre.

Appeared shortly after ol' Phil's 'death'...

Where's Wally wants his larries back either way.

She's the main opposition to Andy 'I'll just hide here until this all blows over then have another crack at it' Burnham.

Even if I wanted to vote my polling station is in the school that as of yesterday was still cordoned off.

Well we earlier had a bit of Napalm Death, now let's have a listen to the late great Jesse Pintado's original band, is there such a thing as danceable grindcore? One can try I suppose, this is Los Angeles' Terrorizer...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

In Tyldesley I used to vote for a Lib Dem, he got stuff done and was the only one who knocked on doors.

I haven't seen any councillors knocking on doors for years.

I was in Tonge Moor against my better judgement t'other week and the Conservative bloke was delivering his own pamphlets.

Pissing in the wind in my opinion in a ward full of dyed-wool Labour and Britain First/English Democrats/EDL/National Front/BNP/S.T.B.B. racist mouthbreathers.

(He was a Raygun).

22 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

100 quid with @Jol_BWFCthat Khan wouldn't still be in his office today, something like that, Jol knows the full details

Unfortunately for London, I fear you will lose the bet.

London deserves better and he’ll just accelerate the decline.

3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Unfortunately for London, I fear you will lose the bet.

London deserves better and he’ll just accelerate the decline.

He's going to win by a big margian I would have thought. The Conservatives candidate was making errors all over the shop.

Anyway, why do we desrve better? Given he'll be voted in most of us believe he is doing a great job. Much better than Johnson's record, which was pretty shoddy.

He's not been giving money to friends and lovers for starters

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

He's going to win by a big margian I would have thought. The Conservatives candidate was making errors all over the shop.

Anyway, why do we desrve better? Given he'll be voted in most of us believe he is doing a great job. Much better than Johnson's record, which was pretty shoddy.

He's not been giving money to friends and lovers for starters

Saw polling that said Khan could get in without needing 2nd votes.

If he's doing such a shit job it shows how bad the Tory candidate is. Much like how labour can't win seats despite the shit show that is the current government.

Just now, frank_spencer said:

If he's doing such a shit job it shows how bad the Tory candidate is. Much like how labour can't win seats despite the shit show that is the current government.

Yeah, I mean London is dominated by Labour. Although my borough is, always has been, and will remain Conservative.

Happy to have given my vote to Kahn today, WEP for my second. Labour for local elections and WEP for London Assembly.

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yeah, I mean London is dominated by Labour. Although my borough is, always has been, and will remain Conservative.

Happy to have given my vote to Kahn today, WEP for my second. Labour for local elections and WEP for London Assembly.

Happy with this ? Donkey, red....a... pin... rosette.?...

Like others have said, shows what a bad effort the Tories are doing down there.

Oh, they are facts what he said on the clip, figures given by the Met

Labour don't need to change, the electorate does...

We need more artsy liberal types with a social conscience and less reactionary gammon.

Angst, rage, bacon butties, unfulfillment and lack of inner-peace will see off the latter but how to increase the former is more problematic.

The tory scum know where the threat lies, so are slashing funding to 'thinking' types of degree, and upping funding for degrees that produce selfish greedy binary automatons - like business and accountancy...

If 'Molly' is real and not a front for some middle-aged gammony geezer she's an improvement on the other Twittertwat.

His Twitter page is almost like a Dadaist masterpiece.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PatriotActive66

Why's he got the knives out for a Conservative though?

Oh, aye, right, I see now...

He's the wrong type of Conservative.

21 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

I saw that, they reckon he could get well over 50% of the vote, which means no need for the run off against second place.

Anyway, I've got mates who vote in that, and they reckon Khan has done a great job and they're voting for him again.....they do generally vote Tory in the GE as well, so it's not like they're being all lefty and woke (or whatever it is some on here will accuse them of for voting Khan in again)

I wonder how many votes that utter loon Laurence Fox will get.

10 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

If 'Molly' is real and not a front for some middle-aged gammony geezer she's an improvement on the other Twittertwat.

His Twitter page is almost like a Dadaist masterpiece.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PatriotActive66

Why's he got the knives out for a Conservative though?

Oh, aye, right, I see now...

He's the wrong type of Conservative.

To be fair, the Active one can't stand all Tories.

I love the pin a rosette accusation. I've voted Conservative before and may do again, but these are my local elections. There are certain local issues I'd like looking at.

I mean we can chase our tail on stats all day, given Kahn stopped and reversed Johnson's cuts to the met to meet the issue with knife crime and now spending on policing in London is higher than it ever was under the Tories. Also, crime has risen faster in other parts of Engalnd since 2016 than London. Again, a slippery thing like figures you can turn them for any arguement. Burglaries in London have risen but sexual attacks are down compared to a rise throughout the country, and one of the main issues with using recoreded crime figures for increase or decrease is that the more money pumped into policing, the better they are at recording and following up on crime so an effect of increased funding is actually an increase in recorded crime. That's a kicker, but if you are in the job for public service rather than ego, its something you have to live with I guess.

The biggest thing to Londoners, other than crime and community, the one thing that gets people's backs up is transport. The cable car, the bridge (what was it £50 odd million on something that was never built) people got sick of vanity projects. More money invested, taking on train companies and popular schemes like the Hopper fare rather than another bridge over the Thames, have been popular with the public.

11 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I saw that, they reckon he could get well over 50% of the vote, which means no need for the run off against second place.

Anyway, I've got mates who vote in that, and they reckon Khan has done a great job and they're voting for him again.....they do generally vote Tory in the GE as well, so it's not like they're being all lefty and woke (or whatever it is some on here will accuse them of for voting Khan in again)

I wonder how many votes that utter loon Laurence Fox will get.

I was going to vote Binface for my second just so he got more votes than that twerp.

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

To be fair, the Active one can't stand all Tories.

Why are you even aware of such nutcases?

You're surely intelligent enough to realise how counter-productive it is to retweet/repost stuff from loons like him?

That Vance bloke was another (not Tommy) - didn't he get booted off Twitter for saying Larry Grayson should be crucified or sommat?

And, no, I ain't stalking, I just click on the originators you repost on here.

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I was going to vote Binface for my second just so he got more votes than that twerp.

I don't really watch much telly drama so I assumed he was some bit part no-mark whose name had only carried him so far so decided to do a Tommeh for a living instead...

Further reading enlightened me to the fact he's had some relatively big roles.

I presume he's now virtually unemployable in his original field of work, does he even bother with it anymore?

2 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Why are you even aware of such nutcases?

You're surely intelligent enough to realise how counter-productive it is to retweet/repost stuff from loons like him?

That Vance bloke was another (not Tommy) - didn't he get booted off Twitter for saying Larry Grayson should be crucified or sommat?

And, no, I ain't stalking, I just click on the originators you repost on here.

Being aware is all part and parcel of life. I look for info which the likes of the BBC darent publish. Are those figures fact or fiction ? They are facts, so how is that counter pproductive to post that unless you're scared of the truth ?