Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Interesting to hear an insight from a local resident.

What are the downsides of Khan? Policy errors?

Well as I say, the outer London tax is a personal pain, Transport and ongoing commuting costs - how will the city cope when people aren't coming in in the same numbers, our office is moving to 20% of time in the office over 2 weeks. That will effect lots of local businesses and can we get reduced carne cards for part time travel or something.

Housing and landlords, we need more affordable housing and London rents are stupid there should be more controls over this, otherwise the city will only be able to be enjoyed by the rich in a way Berlin isn't, and he doesn't favour rent freezes but he does favour rent control, lets see if this comes to pass, and overregulation has frozen the building of new houses - although its still on course to deliever more than Johnson in his 8 years. 

He's too 'Labour' in that he attacks the government, that isn't the role of mayor - its working with all parties in central government to get the best deal for Londoners. Green blet reform needs looking at.

But also its an election, so you have to look at who the other candidate is, and Bailey is an absolute no hoper. His pamplets contained loads of errors that made him look foolish, stupid and if not duplicitous and a liar, his coments on women were misguided. Even a competent challanger would have faced a tough battle against Khan, but this guy shouldn't be in the running which is why Kahn is going to win by a considerabale margin

18 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I've not even looked, is it really bad for Labour ? 

If they lose Hartlepool, it will be messy for Starmer to get out of this.

Who's the next favourite for leader, is there actually anybody who would want the job ? Bit of a poisoned chalice at present.

Well it depends if the Corbynites decide to challange him on poor local elections enough to force a leadership contest. I doubt they will but its a possibility.

1 minute ago, leigh white said:

If the Hartlepool folk thought a monkey was a French spy and hung it, they deserve a Tory MP.

Well, they have never lost their red seat, so I sort of agree with your point there young man 😄 🤣 

35 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Anyway, those who do support Johnson and the Conservatives in this election should be cock-a-hoop today, it looks like its going to be a bad day for Labour which will pile more pressure on Starmer.

Too early to tell?

and then there’s Scotland

3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Too early to tell?

and then there’s Scotland

Got a feeling the Labour guy running against Wee Nippy will take a bit of her majority from her, he won't win unfortunately but will gain a few around Govanhill.

Just now, miamiwhite said:

The French are now laughing at Labour for surrendering 😃 

There’s always someone worse off than you!

Tory scum will ride the Union Jack brigade like a knackered old horse, stabbing the blinkered working classes in the arse all the way like Jeff Bridges in True Grit...

Then, when they lie dying they'll be all 'Power to the People' with their last breaths.

It'll be too late.

But you'll have pissed off Emma Thompson and Owen Jones so it'll all have been worth it.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Not a problem pal, do you want to inform Happy via PM or shall I ? 

You can donate via the tab at the top of the page (PayPal or using a card). I’m sure it will pop up in Happy’s notifications somewhere, but I’ll drop him a PM anyway.

4 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Tory scum will ride the Union Jack brigade like a knackered old horse, stabbing the blinkered working classes in the arse all the way like Jeff Bridges in True Grit...

Then, when they lie dying they'll be all 'Power to the People' with their last breaths.

It'll be too late.

But you'll have pissed off Emma Thompson and Owen Jones so it'll all have been worth it.

Go on, I will bite. 

What would make me change my mind and vote for Labour again ? I'm all 👂 

Just now, Jol_BWFC said:

You can donate via the tab at the top of the page (PayPal or using a card). I’m sure it will pop up in Happy’s notifications somewhere, but I’ll drop him a PM anyway.

Cheers, tell him to give us a PM and I'll send it to him.

Well done anyway....your first ever victory against me 😉 😜 

6 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Go on, I will bite. 

What would make me change my mind and vote for Labour again ? I'm all 👂 

Retrain and go and work in a field like the arts...

And Accuweather says there's a gap in the rain coming up so I'm off to do 10 miles.

Back in an hour and a half.

5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Cheers, tell him to give us a PM and I'll send it to him.

Well done anyway....your first ever victory against me 😉 😜 

BOOM.

I’ve dropped him a message already, but suggest you do the same if you’re not happy (no pun intended) using the donation tab. 

1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Retrain and go and work in a field like the arts...

And Accuweather says there's a gap in the rain coming up so I'm off to do 10 miles.

Back in an hour and a half.

I've no need to retrain though 😉 

What next ?

1 minute ago, Jol_BWFC said:

BOOM.

I’ve dropped him a message already, but suggest you do the same if you’re not happy (no pun intended) using the donation tab. 

Cheers, will do. Much rather send it directly to Happy so he knows it's there.