Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
51 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Anyway, did the french surrender?

Some have gone home.

Quite an interesting listen this throughout the day; like slowly peeling layers from an onion to reveal different aspects of the story. 

Now if Don Thompson's revelations are true, then 20 years of pre brexit non compliance from the French fishermen and authorities has come back to bite them on their arses. Quality.

51 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

They won't learn, they will give it to an elitist Londonder and Remained.

They need a rebrand, an overall, because they are just full of shit and are making the Tories look spectacular. 

Usually the opposition going in to these elections are way ahead. Not this lot, Labour arexa shambles, they can have London, there's another world outside of it.

If Starmer goes, then Nandy get's the gig I reckon

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

If Starmer goes, then Nandy get's the gig I reckon

He won't go, not for this, and nor should he. He's already started tying Johnson up in knots - he's only just started the job. 

Also, I love this Starmer is one of the metropolitian elite. Son of a nurse and toolmaker, went to grammar school and Leeds Uni. Now, good old Boris on the other hand... 

As for Gtr Manchester - looks like Burnham will get in, Labour will hold Salford, the tories want Bury and Bolton being the only conservative held council in the area might look as patchwork as it does now...who knows? 

Why would I be supportive of taking down Galdstone's name.

A spend a lot of time working with collegues with these issues in the context of museums, for grant, support, funding etc

It is a very real part of what we do as an organisation over 100 years old that's charged with looking after the nation's art.

Decolonisation is a real issue that is dealt with with research, real academia and genuine sensitivity. Stuff like this just trivialises the issue and does allow people to engage with history and it's problematic parts.

Its a halls of residence. It isn't Colston Hall (the renaming of which in that instance took years and lots of public consulation teaching people about Edward Colston and his history)

This is a trivial distraction, and I don't know what the university was thinking. 

32 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Why would I be supportive of taking down Galdstone's name.

A spend a lot of time working with collegues with these issues in the context of museums, for grant, support, funding etc

It is a very real part of what we do as an organisation over 100 years old that's charged with looking after the nation's art.

That's a refreshing change to see you side with the correct people for once. Kent White is on our side now, room for you yet son 🙂 

26 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Decolonisation is a real issue that is dealt with with research, real academia and genuine sensitivity. Stuff like this just trivialises the issue and does allow people to engage with history and it's problematic parts.

Its a halls of residence. It isn't Colston Hall (the renaming of which in that instance took years and lots of public consulation teaching people about Edward Colston and his history)

This is a trivial distraction, and I don't know what the university was thinking. 

They're not thinking, just reacting. Like much of today's society.

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

That's a refreshing change to see you side with the correct people for once. Kent White is on our side now, room for you yet son 🙂 

Its not about sides now, is it? 

Its just a very knotty topic and one that should and deserves time, thought and consulatation. 

Gladstone was a liberal but spoke in favour of slave ownership, is that enough to remove his name from a very insignificant building? As I say, its something that we deal with a lot. Today its about a problematic sculpture.....

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Spider will be here in a second........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57008220

It’s been covered.

I shan’t repeat myself 😊

Though I will add this - it fucking well should recover. People have been sat on their arses being paid to watch Netflix for a year. The pent up demand for everything is astronomical 

1 minute ago, Spider said:

It’s been covered.

I shan’t repeat myself 😊

Though I will add this - it fucking well should recover. People have been sat on their arses being paid to watch Netflix for a year. The pent up demand for everything is astronomical 

Yourlazyfuckingself included  🙂