Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Anas sarwar perfect example. He’s the leader of labour in an SNP ran country. At every leaders debate he has apparently gone after Douglas Ross. Not the snp and not jimmy krankie. Made even worse by the fact, as you will know, he stood for election in the same constituency as krankie in this election. Not once has he looked to hold her or the snp to account for the last 14 years. This is a clear message from the top of the Labour Party. So this falls upon one persons shoulders as far as I’m concerned.  

Yep, totally agree on that. Same with that doppleganger of Spider's, Ross Greer. No policy whatsoever, just sucking up to Nippy, very similar in fact to Spider's lookalike in 5 years time Patrick Harvie. Uselless cunts the lot of them.

The entire political landscape is fucked. Johnson wouldn't be anywhere near No.10 now if we had the calibre of political opposition like there was in the 70's and 80's 

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Top of my head.

Brexit

BLM & taking the knee

Pro Palestine 

Pro IRA

seemingly against everything that it means to be British

furlough.... for longer & spend more money

Lockdown longer, harder, and keep pumping even more money into folks pockets

Rashford & free school meals pump more money in, endless support for folk who are failing to provide for their own kids. 

Taking responsibility for your own life & family rather than relying on the state for everything

NHS  pump more money in rather than realising record amounts pumped in and there isn’t an endless pit of money 

Then when they get in power they leave a note saying the cupboard is bare, no more money left. 

They were right on lockdown if you say they wanted longer and harder but you give them too much credit there, they said very little. 
Rashford is a bizarre one to pick that was adopted as Govt policy it is one time Labour caught the mood right.

9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Top of my head.

Brexit

BLM & taking the knee

Pro Palestine 

Pro IRA

Rashford & free school meals pump more money in, endless support for folk who are failing to provide for their own kids. 

Taking responsibility for your own life & family rather than relying on the state for everything

NHS  pump more money in rather than realising record amounts pumped in and there isn’t an endless pit of money 

Then when they get in power they leave a note saying the cupboard is bare, no more money left. 

Just to pick up on a couple.

Palestine. Tory party policy is a two state solution.

IRA - no bugger has a pro IRA policy

Rashford. The government did what he asked. No bugger else

14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Top of my head.

Brexit

BLM & taking the knee

Pro Palestine 

Pro IRA

There we have it folks.

That's almost the Labour policy manifesto chapter by chapter.

Labour banned people celebrating on the 23rd March.

They approved a twelve £BILLION contract with Bic to supply the NHS with just four hundred biros.

They demanded Trebor change their BlackJacks name and branding, to NONbinaryBAAMEES Chews with a caricature of Yasser Arafat.

Banned people from saying "I'm English" - punishable by prison.

Jeremy Corbyn invited the Brighton bomber to his luxury eighteen £Million Dasha for beer and sandwiches.

And more...

It took Brexit and Boris and the votes of thousands upon thousands of hardworking patriots who'd have done sterling service in both World Wars, had they been born, to repeal this loony laws.

GSTQ and down with the intelligent.

Nothing to do with the local elections (though I’m sure it would have swayed some voters) but what’s the latest on Boris saying “let’s the bodies pile high” that soon went quiet. Wasn’t it you NIC who said something like all the media are reporting on it and there’s a lot more to come? 

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Recently? What have I missed? Or are you referring to the policy of “but look at the tories” as offering something?

I think their stance to help those poor fuckers trapped in dangerous buildings is a good one. No way should leaseholders have to pay a penny for dangerous cladding to be replaced on a building the don't even own.

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Top of my head.

Brexit

BLM & taking the knee

Pro Palestine 

Pro IRA

I'm no Labour voter

However

I reckon that if I look through their manifesto, I won't see a pledge that says "We are seemingly against everything that it means to be British"

This is a classic example of what I was talking about - no-one discusses policies because absolutely fucking no-one knows what they are, much less gives a shit about them anyway.

It's us vs them. It's lamentable.

But such things become gospel - "THEY HATE BRITAIN" - shout it loud enough and people are numb enough these days to believe it.

Both sides as bad as each other (see Paul Hangry;s seething soliloquys for details)

18 minutes ago, royal white said:

Nothing to do with the local elections (though I’m sure it would have swayed some voters) but what’s the latest on Boris saying “let’s the bodies pile high” that soon went quiet. Wasn’t it you NIC who said something like all the media are reporting on it and there’s a lot more to come? 

Has the 'chatty rat' been found? The leaks will continue. You do know how leaks work, how the news cycle works, don't you?

Or maybe not. 

9 minutes ago, Spider said:

I'm no Labour voter

However

I reckon that if I look through their manifesto, I won't see a pledge that says "We are seemingly against everything that it means to be British"

This is a classic example of what I was talking about - no-one discusses policies because absolutely fucking no-one knows what they are, much less gives a shit about them anyway.

It's us vs them. It's lamentable.

But such things become gospel - "THEY HATE BRITAIN" - shout it loud enough and people are numb enough these days to believe it.

Both sides as bad as each other (see Paul Hangry;s seething soliloquys for details)

At times like this, the big lie asssement always springs to mind for some reason.

'never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.'

• Site Supporter

Another reason for Labour being such a binfire, is the fact that they just aren't primetime on the idiot lantern.

Over the last 18 months, Bowis has probably had more airtime than an episode of Friends on the comedy channel.

He's a "character", and like him or not, he pervades your soul and a pandemic has given him more exposure than any of us truly deserve.

In the meantime, Labour and its representatives have been fortunate to get anything more than the equivalent of an infomercial on the country and western channel.

They say there's no such thing as bad publicity. The current political landscape provides quantifiable proof that this statement is fact.

Labour, put simply, just aren't box office.

17 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Has the 'chatty rat' been found? The leaks will continue. You do know how leaks work, how the news cycle works, don't you?

Or maybe not. 

I also know how lies work. Funny how those leaks all came from unnamed sources a week before elections and we have heard nothing since. (Like him twatting his bird that time) 

You seem to think there’s more to come, I think you will be wrong (keeping up with previous form).

Time will tell 

36 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I think their stance to help those poor fuckers trapped in dangerous buildings is a good one. No way should leaseholders have to pay a penny for dangerous cladding to be replaced on a building the don't even own.

I thought they dressed that up as look at the disgusting tories blah blah blah. 

imo we have to help these people out as you highlight. Im Not sure you can attribute any success in this respect to labour though. 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I thought they dressed that up as look at the disgusting tories blah blah blah. 

imo we have to help these people out as you highlight. Im Not sure you can attribute any success in this respect to labour though. 

Big fire happening right now in London  on a building that has similar cladding apparently. Probably a day or 2 too late for Labour 

• Members
22 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Or maybe not. 

Crawley there is patronising then there is you. 

• Site Supporter

Tell you what though

Compared to Twitter and facebook this morning, the WW Political debating chamber is a composed, polite and very reasonable place to discuss things.

Those places are swamps.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Tell you what though

Compared to Twitter and facebook this morning, the WW Political debating chamber is a composed, polite and very reasonable place to discuss things.

Those places are swamps.

I was thinking that. Nobody has offered me out yet.

11 minutes ago, Spider said:

Another reason for Labour being such a binfire, is the fact that they just aren't primetime on the idiot lantern.

Over the last 18 months, Bowis has probably had more airtime than an episode of Friends on the comedy channel.

He's a "character", and like him or not, he pervades your soul and a pandemic has given him more exposure than any of us truly deserve.

In the meantime, Labour and its representatives have been fortunate to get anything more than the equivalent of an infomercial on the country and western channel.

They say there's no such thing as bad publicity. The current political landscape provides quantifiable proof that this statement is fact.

Labour, put simply, just aren't box office.

Labour are like a cult, ...a B film shown at 1pm at the Odeon on a Wednesday afternoon.

5 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Crawley there is patronising then there is you. 

Nope, he was being a little tinker and I was just saying there is a reason why these things like leaks ebb and flow and did he understand that, as if he did he probably wouldn't have asked the question.

Still, if you want to be picky, its not a patronising post, its a condescending one 😉 

12 minutes ago, royal white said:

I also know how lies work. Funny how those leaks all came from unnamed sources a week before elections and we have heard nothing since. (Like him twatting his bird that time) 

You seem to think there’s more to come, I think you will be wrong (keeping up with previous form).

Time will tell 

Who was it from on here who had the 'inside info ' re Boris ?

Was it NiC or Mick Brown ? Quite ironic as they publicly scorn all gossip from the bloke in the pub, until they get said info off said drunk in the boozer.