Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, wanderer1984 said:

What do we know eh? After all we're just dim racist flagshaggers, with the thoughts of a 60 year old London cabbie.

I think the chosen term is gammons. This one is seemingly a well fired gammon 😎

Looking almost certain no SNP majority up here as well. Tories to increase number of seats held as well with labour going backwards. I’ve never actually looked but labour must’ve gone from god knows how many seats up here to a small handful in last 15 years. 

Current London Mayor First Preference Share:

Bailey (CON): 38.2%

Khan (LAB): 37.4%

Berry (GRN): 7.9%

Porritt (LDEM): 4.2%

Fox (REC): 2.1%

Omilana (IND): 1.7%

Wow. Although second preference will likely swing it for Khan.

Edited by jmjhb

Just now, boltondiver said:

That would make me sooo happy

Krankie rumored to be resigning and angus “the carpet bagger” Robertson taking over   If she is stepping down, if they fail to get a majority, I think she goes at the best time for her own legacy. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Where is this from? Thought Khan had it in the bag.

Aye, Miami was sending cash to HW earlier but watching news 24 and seems tory are winning 4 of 6 boroughs 

Still 

I backed two winners so i don't care

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, kent_white said:

If the country ends up knackered - it sure as shit won't be Labour's fault!

That's sort of been their mantra though; perhaps if they'd shown up recently, respected a rather large vote and agreed to uphold it and provided some genuine opposition then things may be a bit different.

Taking the knee etc, going against what so many have indicated they want, and apparently completely missing the mood has cost them dear.

For arguments sake, if brexit had 'knackered' the country, then would that be the fault of any given party or those of us who voted for it?

It was a non party issue, with leavers and remainers throughout both labour and Conservative, however only one party guaranteed to uphold it and put it into practice- and labour were very much at fault for that decision and are suffering now.

15 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Of course none of us get it. It’s amazing how little other people with differing views appear to know.

But in this instance it would appear Paul’s (ridiculed) views have been somewhat vindicated. 

Just like those Bruce Willis style Labour voters don't see they aren't for the working class anymore.

I wonder what the woke ones think of the fine examples I put up earlier re Ben and Jerry's and the treatment of Yorkshire Tea.

They will never get it if they don't get it now, but hey, we are the thickos 😆

Thickos = Visionaries 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧  

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Crawley doesn't believe wokeness exsist.

And tbh, its the reason most people are voting against Labour, they have just simply had enough, although some on here don't and won't believe that, unfortunately or fortunately we now live in a social media world and there's no escape.

Crap for politics all round really, we need a good opposition or the Tories will start taking the piss, massive building job for Labour, I doubt they will ever recover and are probably fucked.

And Winchester White thinks they're making inroads .....he should do stand up 😉 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

And tbh, its the reason most people are voting against Labour, they have just simply had enough, although some on here don't and won't believe that, unfortunately or fortunately we now live in a social media world and there's no escape.

Crap for politics all round really, we need a good opposition or the Tories will start taking the piss, massive building job for Labour, I doubt they will ever recover and are probably fucked.

Strangely, after watching quite a lot of the goings on in the house over recent months, the number of new, young Conservative mps are far removed from the old style image of stuck of tories. People from backgrounds of heavy industry, with a kean interest in both jobs and community. Plenty of these got into the ribs of senior officials over things like free school meals.

Captured the ground of the common man; the only way the party takes the piss is if the leadership/government were to ignore this new cohort, and I don't think they will.

We need a totally new system in this country because voting locally should have nothing to do with party politics, it should be all about voting for people with a vested interest in the area who are prepared to spend their time trying to improve things.

Use a general election to let people roughly choose an ideology that they would like the country to follow as a whole but local shit should just be about folk actively giving a shit to improve local issues.

5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

And Winchester White thinks they're making inroads .....he should do stand up 😉 

Really?

Gosh!

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

There're becoming minority. Most have blue hair and stink of piss. Spot em a mile off.  bLame everyone but themselves. This time they can't. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Lets hope you are right fella.

Remember when Blair was said to be to the "right". Some of these new conservatives are definitely of the modern era and will no doubt be regarded as being a bit "left" in some ways.

No bad thing, and helps keep the government on its toes.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

We need a totally new system in this country because voting locally should have nothing to do with party politics, it should be all about voting for people with a vested interest in the area who are prepared to spend their time trying to improve things.

Use a general election to let people roughly choose an ideology that they would like the country to follow as a whole but local shit should just be about folk actively giving a shit to improve local issues.

Yes, said this for a while, though candidates would still have to demonstrate that they could separate their own candidacy from their politics.

Weirdly, this time only one party knocked on doors and put leaflets through.

29 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's sort of been their mantra though; perhaps if they'd shown up recently, respected a rather large vote and agreed to uphold it and provided some genuine opposition then things may be a bit different.

Taking the knee etc, going against what so many have indicated they want, and apparently completely missing the mood has cost them dear.

For arguments sake, if brexit had 'knackered' the country, then would that be the fault of any given party or those of us who voted for it?

It was a non party issue, with leavers and remainers throughout both labour and Conservative, however only one party guaranteed to uphold it and put it into practice- and labour were very much at fault for that decision and are suffering now.

I think Labour have got lost in the idea that being left wing necessarily means being 'woke'.

I don't think that's true at all. 

With the Brexit thing - the lack of leadership from JC was atrocious. This idea that he would sit on the fence was pathetic.

3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

With the Brexit thing - the lack of leadership from JC was atrocious. This idea that he would sit on the fence was pathetic.

JC was always in favour of leaving the EU, perhaps not in the way the brexit vote meant we would be leaving but it would be odd for him to have been so anti EU previous and try and reverse the decision.

1 minute ago, frank_spencer said:

JC was always in favour of leaving the EU, perhaps not in the way the brexit vote meant we would be leaving but it would be odd for him to have been so anti EU previous and try and reverse the decision.

Yeah - but that interview where he wouldn't come down one way or the other was farcical. See he's laying into KS this evening too, calling his leadership 'insipid'.

Still think most of the voting at the moment is being done on the basis of the Government's handling of COVID. Be interesting to see what happens when we're on the other side and reality begins to bite.

4 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Yeah - but that interview where he wouldn't come down one way or the other was farcical. See he's laying into KS this evening too, calling his leadership 'insipid'.

Still think most of the voting at the moment is being done on the basis of the Government's handling of COVID. Be interesting to see what happens when we're on the other side and reality begins to bite.

Did you vote pal ?

If so, was it -

A - Tory

B - Lib Dems

C - Defaced your ballot paper and voted Labour

7 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I think you’re out there, mate