Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Public spending 30% per head more than in England I read yesterday. And that’s before planned increases to spending. We’ve had a council tax freeze again as well. Someone is paying for it all that’s for sure. 

on that note my fucking tooth snapped earlier. Be a costly visit of about £60 for a crown or bridge 😎

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

A negative amount

Ok

So if they go, I assume they’ll take all the North Sea revenue with them?

And they may pay more at the dentist

Edited by Spider

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Ok

So if they go, I assume they’ll take all the North Sea revenue with them?

And they may pay more at the dentist

North Sea generated about 700mil I think in tax revenues in 19/20. Uk takes in c800bn I think . So it’s a “drop in the ocean” in reality. I may be mistaken though. 

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

We’ll have to buy if from them though.

I assume the price won’t be the same.

55% of the North Sea is owned by?????

and its mostly extracted by large multi nationals so nobody in essence would be buying it from Scotland 

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

and its mostly extracted by large multi nationals so nobody in essence would be buying it from Scotland 

Which country is the oil and gas piped to in the first instance?

I believe that’s where taxes are set. And by the government of said country.

I just don’t think it’s as cut and dried as we give them more than they give us. That’s a decidedly narrow view of our unique situation.

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Ask Spider what currency they will use 😄 

He will know the answer despite the Natzis being unable to answer

Just now, Spider said:

I just don’t think it’s as cut and dried as we give them more than they give us. That’s a decidedly narrow view of our unique situation.

Oh fuck off.

Read the report commissioned by their own team.

Goodnight

• Site Supporter
Just now, Spider said:

The oil and gas fields were developed by the UK in conjunction with companies. If the Scottish expect to receive revenues as you describe, then perhaps the rest of the uk would look for compensation for the infrastructure and exploration costs that were invested in as a whole.

Your right- it would be complicated. Thrown in a move away from ICE vehicles and a ban soon then revenues are only heading in one direction.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The oil and gas fields were developed by the UK in conjunction with companies. If the Scottish expect to receive revenues as you describe, then perhaps the rest of the uk would look for compensation for the infrastructure and exploration costs that were invested in as a whole.

Your right- it would be complicated. Thrown in a move away from ICE vehicles and a ban soon then revenues are only heading in one direction.

And herein lies the reason why they’ll never leave.

Its just a leverage conversation as usual. Which, based on their “more out than putting in” situation has served them very well thus far.

They won’t leave.

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

You’ve lost this one; give it up 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Spider said:

And herein lies the reason why they’ll never leave.

Its just a leverage conversation as usual. Which, based on their “more out than putting in” situation has served them very well thus far.

They won’t leave.

They won't if they don't vote to.

Another vote may yield a different result, and then they most definitely would.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Spider said:

😊😊😊

I can do a mean Coatbridge accent

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

In text format 😁

1 hour ago, Spider said:

I can getyah a baag fir thortee poond

No then?

• Site Supporter

Some Scots love to pap on about oil, but they are missing the environmental point, gas and oil requirements are going to die away year on year from their/our European buyers.

We are all subsidised to some degree by the huge wealth of London to be frank, and news like this is worrying...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-11/new-york-wins-from-brexit-s-3-3-trillion-hit-to-u-k-swap-trade

13 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Some Scots love to pap on about oil, but they are missing the environmental point, gas and oil requirements are going to die away year on year from their/our European buyers.

We are all subsidised to some degree by the huge wealth of London to be frank, and news like this is worrying...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-11/new-york-wins-from-brexit-s-3-3-trillion-hit-to-u-k-swap-trade

We got our blue passports though.

14 hours ago, Winchester White said:

The UK reliance on London is not healthy,after 20 years of boom in this city, things are changing and a healthier country doesn't have thus huge imbalance. More power and control to regions and away from London.

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Traitor.

The visionaries will be along presently to explain why this is a good thing anyway, and you will be sent for patriotism lessons (Lesson 1: Don't read Bloomberg, read mentalist Twitter accounts about fish)