Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

22 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

We need someone to do post trial interviews. Especially after this trial collapsed in spectacular style. 

Miami has a mate outside filming despite being warned not to. 

24 minutes ago, Spider said:

I should point out that this is a Kangaroo court

The jury all reckon you vote labour

But the accusation was that Mick had said who he voted for. Mick said he had never divulged that respecting British democratic process. 

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

But the accusation was that Mick had said who he voted for. Mick said he had never divulged that respecting British democratic process. 

Ahhhh, but Mick also said if I had stuff on him, he didn't give a shit.......the if implies doubt on Michael's behalf.......like I say,  hell of a lot of stuff needs sifting through, don't count your chickens just yet you feasant plucker.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The trial should be for political indoctrination, and he’s guilty as charged. 

At least he’s not confused I suppose.

Boris Johnson is your Schrodinger’s Cat.

One minute he’s annoying your political enemies, the next minute he’s stopping you from going to Spain.

Your head must spin like a waltzer some days.

12 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

Talking of Labour 

Nigel ? Really ?

You & Crawshank would have a glorious time day drinking down the pub & wanking over UKIP. You should invite him out one day.

To be fair it's an improvement on your previous source.. you must be maturing 😁👍

59 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Nigel ? Really ?

You & Crawshank would have a glorious time day drinking down the pub & wanking over UKIP. You should invite him out one day.

To be fair it's an improvement on your previous source.. you must be maturing 😁👍

Who mentioned UKIP? Anyway since you have.... Nigel has done a fantastic job supporting the British people. He speaks more sense than the labour party put together. Thats not hard though is it.

25 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

He's right. So is Tony Blair. We don't want this woke shite.

I think he's right. Even as someone who's left leaning 'woke culture' makes me cringe. As does calling each other 'comrade'.

I think a Labour party standing on a manifesto if modest tax increases to support world class public services - and making sure multinationals are taxed fairly, striving for equality of opportunity but generally looking after our own does very well in an election with a competent leader. 

To be fair - I'd be happier a little more to the left than what I've described above - the problem is the utter fucking gobshites that tends to attract.

14 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I think he's right. Even as someone who's left leaning 'woke culture' makes me cringe. As does calling each other 'comrade'.

I think a Labour party standing on a manifesto if modest tax increases to support world class public services - and making sure multinationals are taxed fairly, striving for equality of opportunity but generally looking after our own does very well in an election with a competent leader. 

To be fair - I'd be happier a little more to the left than what I've described above - the problem is the utter fucking gobshites that tends to attract.

Your gobshites point is an interesting one historically. Nowadays that end of the party is indeed absolutely infested with wokist sectarians interested in identity politics and virtue-signalling. Back in the 80s it was extremists in the unions, Militant, Derek Hatton et al. The thing they all have in common is that in the eyes of the large majority they are unelectable. By the late 80s and early 90s Labour had started to listen, gets its act together and appeal to the centre-ground in the way you describe in your second paragraph. I don't believe Labour is capable of doing that now. As I've said before on here if you are so confirmed in your own virtue and rectitude you don't have to listen .. winning elections doesn't matter. The majority might disagree with you but it doesn't matter because you are right and they are all therefore automatically ignorant/racist/sexist etc

Your second paragraph I could have written myself until roughly the time Gordon Brown took power. Since then my views have moved on (as tends to happen when folk get older) and I am now to the right of the centre ground. Given the size of the state Boris Johnson is creating however I don't think you should be too uncomfortable. He's not hugely to the right of Blair on the political spectrum and socially he's very much a liberal.

10 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Fuck me 😆

Could you give us an example of some of the things he has done to support the British people? 

Also, out of pure interest, what do you define as a British person?

He forced the referendum that got us out of the deeply undemocratic, hidebound bureaucratic quagmire that is the EU. Then he helped win it and we got the hell out of there. 

Your last sentence is transparent. This is your opening gambit in trying to undermine and marginalise wanderer1984. You'll play with his answer irrespective of what he says and conclude that he is a racist/sexist/bigot or one of the other words you've put at the top of your lexicon to label anybody who doesn't see the world the way you do. All done from the moral high ground you think you've annexed for yourself and from the position of moral arbiter that nobody has appointed you too but to  which you believe you have a divine right.

The problem is people know your every move and tactic nowadays. It can be spotted mile off. It is a busted flush.