Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

Yeah, in hindsight he should've probably attended 5 emergency meetings  

Hopefully he will come out and explain why he didn't 

Probably be something to do with Carrie being in a mood or something

Wasn't he focused on trying to bomb somewhere with The Don, keep up the special relationship? 

From now on I'm going to decide if folk I meet are bullshitting or telling the truth.

I will then assign them as constant bullshitters or constant truth-tellers and judge everything they say or write on this basis.

The way folk defend dear leader - reminiscent of the five years of Trump arselicking.

It really is a Personality Cult.

Unfortunately this particular Cult's cunt is fooked.

They really should've kept that snake in the tent pissing out.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

54 minutes ago, Spider said:

All you need to know is that it’ll be a Tory landslide.

Its the oppositions fault for being rubbish.

And Wanderer 1984 doesn’t watch the news. He gets all his world views from this forum. Which explains a lot.

You summarise the news so well. Thankyou

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

🤷‍♂️

Dunno - its came up yesterday that I believe instead of focusing on the crisis at hand and joining the Cobra meetings, Johnson was focused on a foreign policy issue with The Don in Iraq that was clearly going to come to naught.

Here you go; https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-cummings-boris-johnson-iraq-b1854488.html

Former president Donald Trump distracted from Britain’s emergency Covid meetings in early 2020 by abruptly asking the country to join airstrikes on Iraq, a former aide to Boris Johnson has said.

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Dunno - its came up yesterday that I believe instead of focusing on the crisis at hand and joining the Cobra meetings, Johnson was focused on a foreign policy issue with The Don in Iraq that was clearly going to come to naught.

Here you go; https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-cummings-boris-johnson-iraq-b1854488.html

Former president Donald Trump distracted from Britain’s emergency Covid meetings in early 2020 by abruptly asking the country to join airstrikes on Iraq, a former aide to Boris Johnson has said.

Initially you said he was focused, the headline says distracted.

That is a huge difference as you well know. Please try focusing on the truth next time.

19 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I know. Mad as fuck eh?

I’m shocked; we actually agreed on something!

I need to reassess my being

😁

Dominic Cummings is cunt. Think everyone agrees on that , previously one side said 'yes but he is our cunt' now the other side are saying the same. 
So if we all agree he is a cunt.

It is a fact he is unelected. So the only question is why does this unelected cunt have so much influence at the heart of politics ? Who is pulling (paying for) his strings ? 

Instead of being so fucking obsessed with points scoring on behalf of each other's sides question who is the cunt and why is he causing such uproar. 

15 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

But others were, I've heard its not a mandatory requirement to be at the COBRA meetings. But I do get your point and agree, something as big as a pandemic, he should have attended.

I mean, if something else comes in the PM can't be everywhere but I would have thought it might have been useful to attend this.

If someone says they've driven to Barnard Castle to test their eyesight, when their job depends on it, I think it's easy enough to suggest that that may be bullshit.

If the same person then makes a number of other statements, but has WhatsApps, memos, times/dates etc. to back it up along with names of the people who were there, are we really saying that's the same?

If it's all lies, it'll be a piece of piss for the government to rip his statements apart, given the level of detail he went into.

I don't get why it matters anyway. Everyone knows these things are mostly if not all true. Boris could go on TV tonight and admit to all of it, and it'd make no odds to his supporters.

The point isn't about political point scoring or who did what. It's about learning lessons so no matter who is in charge they make the right decisions. We weren't prepared for this and we should have been. The warnings were there that pandemics were a threat. Other countries had a rulebook. We didn't. Thank fuck we are rich and can afford to buy enough vaccines. And that we've got an excellent health service to deliver them.

The time for this inquiry isn't next year, it's now. We all need to learn from it.