Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

17 minutes ago, Zico said:

He championed for a hard brexit which had i think had bigger implications on freedom of movement 

And the Brexit deal he got doesn't appear to have done him any favours

So now his business needs the rules relaxing to let in more migrants  

Seems a bit backwards to me 

Or is it just teething trouble? 

And why can't he just employ Brits?

He can employ brits. Getting them to work appears to be the issue 

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I blame the rep for speaking Double Dutch and being on here more than on the job 😉 

The Dutch are just cheaper and have less aggro/paperwork

I can stick Union Flags all over it but even those patriotic Gibraltarians forget Queen, country and Brexit when it comes to saving a few shillings.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

He can employ brits. Getting them to work appears to be the issue 

Aye, maybe he didn't think his hard Brexit stance through 

Or maybe they all fucked off to Tesco like he told them too last year

• Moderators
1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

4 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Doubt whether it be Sadiq, Boris or Count Binface as Mayor that a difference would be made on this one 

still, those videos are grim

this is what happens with no police on the streets, dunno if that's down to kahn or the tories, but maybe they need to work together on this 

1 minute ago, Zico said:

this is what happens with no police on the streets, dunno if that's down to kahn or the tories, but maybe they need to work together on this 

I'd have thought both to blame, to some extent really - not that either side will hold back from blaming the other of course. You're right though, this should 100% be a cross party thing, with all sides working together, instead of looking to always blame somebody else for the issue

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

Totally agree they need to work together. Shocking seeing stuff like that on Hyde Park

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Doubt whether it be Sadiq, Boris or Count Binface as Mayor that a difference would be made on this one 

Largely I agree: the bigger picture is constantly being discussed on here, there are numerous stats (as illustrated by Birch) in addition to constant stories like this. It's endless, and until the nation is allowed to be totally open without the usual racist accusations, then nothing will change.

For his part, Kahn certainly could be more open to it and acknowledge the issues.

However, I don't imagine a different incumbent doing it neither- if only because a person with more hardiness approach may not get elected in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Largely I agree: the bigger picture is constantly being discussed on here, there are numerous stats (as illustrated by Birch) in addition to constant stories like this. It's endless, and until the nation is allowed to be totally open without the usual racist accusations, then nothing will change.

For his part, Kahn certainly could be more open to it and acknowledge the issues.

However, I don't imagine a different incumbent doing it neither- if only because a person with more hardiness approach may not get elected in the first place.

Think it’s easy to say put more police on the streets as if that will solve it

London is a big place so which streets do you put them on? 

There was a stabbing in a residential street in Walthamstow last year, not somewhere where you would expect there to be a police presence 

Clearly these people don’t give a fuck about the punishment for carrying a knife 

Increasing stop and search creates more issues so the cycle repeats itself 

18 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

There was a stabbing in a residential street in Walthamstow last year, not somewhere where you would expect there to be a police presence 

Clearly these people don’t give a fuck about the punishment for carrying a knife 

Some very good points there 👍 

Especially the one re people not giving a fuck about carrying a bladed instrument. Sadly ingrained in a lot of young people these days, and not just in the smoke.

Sad trait of modern life.

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

to be honest, I don't really care if gangs want to shoot/stab each other, if they were to promise to leave "innocent" folk alone, they could crack on

in all seriousness though (I was only being slightly serious in the last sentance), they need to look at things like how they cleaned up New York in the 80s/90s and see what works and what doesn't

it may have gone too far though and never be sorted, but some effort has to be demonstrably made

and if it doesn't work, so long as they only kill each other