Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

On 09/06/2021 at 21:07, Zico said:

The funny thing is 

The definition of woke basically means being socially aware and tuned in 

Basically the opposite of ignorant 

Yet folk use it as a derogatory term, i think, I've never heard someone refer to themselves as woke, it's used in a similar sense to gammon 

Seems like a vicious circle to me   

It should be positive to be woke by definition, yet it's used as a slur of sorts 

I don't get it

I've always thought the same about "do - gooders"

All that going around and doing good! Cunts! 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

When did shitty names like woke or gammon become a thing? I’ve no idea what either are.

There are people I agree with and people who are wrong. Simples

I genuinely have no idea what woke means. Our resident Twitter analyst will be along shortly to explain

24 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

When did shitty names like woke or gammon become a thing? I’ve no idea what either are.

There are people I agree with and people who are wrong. Simples

You're a gammon, but not a woke. HTH 😂

Edited by Mounts Kipper

18 hours ago, Rudy said:

I genuinely have no idea what woke means. Our resident Twitter analyst will be along shortly to explain

We’ve always had words for them up here; soft bastards.

Any thoughts regarding the possibility of the Tory blue wall crumbling in the south? The southerners don't seem to like the levelling up emphasis that Johnson is giving the red wall. Maybe Maidstone next if May stands down for that cushy job at Nato?

Hitler tried to fight on two fronts and it did for him...

29 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Any thoughts regarding the possibility of the Tory blue wall crumbling in the south? The southerners don't seem to like the levelling up emphasis that Johnson is giving the red wall. Maybe Maidstone next if May stands down for that cushy job at Nato?

Hitler tried to fight on two fronts and it did for him...

Unlikely 

13 minutes ago, fatty said:

Bercow the self-server as leader of labour ??

I'd love him to do that, it won't happen though. He'd be ripping Boris a new one every single time. Like him or not, he's a very clever fucker.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Sweep said:

I'd love him to do that, it won't happen though. He'd be ripping Boris a new one every single time. Like him or not, he's a very clever fucker.

Plenty are. Still abused his position which will always taint him, and abused some staff allegedly, which would go down well with modern labour folk.

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

Clever? Gosh

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

trying to decide which side has less cunts as the option to vote for is nigh on impossible. 

I'm going to go for the one with the biggest slapper of a missus... Bercow wins by a mile

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, kent_white said:

John Bercow is another one of these people that folk seem to get really riled over - but I can never figure out what he's done to be any more objectionable than 95% of the rest of the HOP? More visible I guess?

Went beyond his remit, and let his politics influence his decisions.

Certainly an intelligent fella, but also had baggage with accusations against him.

The current one is very different, and seems to command a more general level of respect from the mps. In fact he's proof that there are good mps in the place, whether or not your politics is different from them.

The debates, particularly whilst covid has limited numbers, have revealed many that have a passion for various issues and have perhaps checked the behaviour of some as they can't hide amongst a packed house.

1 hour ago, Dimron said:

I'm going to go for the one with the biggest slapper of a missus... Bercow wins by a mile

She must have something about her as she has turned him from a founder member of the ERG to a Labour party member in 20 years.